TYVM Hold on a second guys

I think what @Lawrence_Ironhawk is getting at is that while it is understandable to not be given any official communication about why an extension has apparently occurred (via expectation previously voiced), the one thing which would calm everyone down is for something to be said "officially" to reassure a community waiting patiently on the edge of their seat. In that respect, expectation itself has turned kinda into a unintended customer service/player-base issue.

A lot of times I've noticed with people in general, if you don't give them the reassurance they do crave they will have "all the time in the world" to give-in to thoughts to which they would not normally have and take it from me...when you crave communication from other people you'll go to great lengths to have such communication given to you (whether your judgment is correct or not as to 'how' you will try to go about doing so).

Hey pirate!

I'm aware what Lawrence was saying. I don't have the answers you're looking for I'm afraid, but commented to the best of my ability - that doesn't mean I was clueless as to what he was saying :p. Thank you for the clarification though!

As I said, it's hard to give constant updates during development of most any game, as things can change on a whim - such is the nature of code. The patience is appreciated though, thank you to everyone that's holding out!

Hope you're all having a great start to your weekends, fair winds mates!

Update: It appears there are some answers to your questions found on the Facebook:

https://gyazo.com/d2ed776ad0b7fb1a787593a4dafdc6ed

Hope that answers your question, we DID give official feedback, have a nice day @Shamus The Brute and @Lawrence_Ironhawk :)

Last edited:
To The Black Pearl Crew

How I the world did ye create this timeline that happen ten years ago. May 1, 2007 Phase 2 of POTCO started. Phase 3 is hard to remember exactly. Somewhere around September 22 and open to public January 2008. Nice Surprise, HAZZAD!

...Update: It appears there are some answers to your questions found on the Facebook:

https://gyazo.com/d2ed776ad0b7fb1a787593a4dafdc6ed

Hope that answers your question, we DID give official feedback, have a nice day @Shamus The Brute and @Lawrence_Ironhawk :)
Once news of this spreads, let it be known that communication itself ;) can solve a lot of things. The reasoning? Understanding (between people) creates more relief than yes...even a corked bottle of RUM. :D

Once news of this spreads, let it be known that communication itself ;) can solve a lot of things. The reasoning? Understanding (between people) creates more relief than yes...even a corked bottle of RUM. :D

I'm not really sure what you mean, but hopefully the update appeases everyone. It does not change what I said however, updates relating to time are difficult to give in most development settings.

As for solving things, it depends - people can still get upset over us giving an update, depending on what that update is, just as they can from us not giving one. Putting out one fire with another doesn't always solve the problem, savvy? ;)

Everybody's hand got held. Everybody's hair got stroked. Hopefully this will buy us another week or so before everyone starts demanding another date. *sigh*

Ok, just hold on a second everyone. Realize... WE ARE ABOUT TO PLAY POTCO AGAIN IN A FEW SHORT WEEKS! I hear ppl complaining it has been down for too long, but im sitting here so stoked that the game is even coming back! I haven't been this excited for something in a long time! Thanks DEVs for all of your hard work!
You joined Thursday wth lol

You joined Thursday wth lol

Guests can still view forums posts, and you do not need a forums account to play the game, so I don't see why his join date matters :p. I, for one, welcome to new forum goer :).

Glad you're excited Edgar, hope to see you in-game when it's back up!

Guests can still view forums posts, and you do not need a forums account to play the game, so I don't see why his join date matters :p. I, for one, welcome to new forum goer :).

Glad you're excited Edgar, hope to see you in-game when it's back up!
I have been playing since 2010, but have been watching TLOPO for about a month.

Honestly, we're approaching the two months of servers down mark, and all the devs promised was that development would be shorter than the alpha to beta transition, which was 3 months. And unless I learned math wrong, and how it applies to the structure of months and weeks, 2 months is still a long ways away than 3. So we just have to wait and see.

Edit: If you think about the promised timeline, there still is about 5 weeks until the 3 months of downtime mark. And rumor on the Facebook page is that release may occur on the day the newest installation of the POTC saga comes out. So just be patient. Yeah, the lack of updates sucks, but honestly, development of a game is not easy. Things always change, new problems always arise. Best thing to do is just let the devs have their space, and to just be patient about it.

Last edited:
Honestly if the devs insure us that the time will be less than the transition from alpha to beta, I expect it to be less than that.
I understand where you're coming from, I mean they said it won't take as long as alpha to beta (which we're creeping up on) and its already been over a month and a half.

Also don't forget around 4-5 weeks ago they said they were "almost ready to re-open the game" so Im sure it's almost ready.

upload_2017-4-22_15-13-25.png
upload_2017-4-22_15-13-25.png

Back