TYVM Hold on a second guys

Ok, just hold on a second everyone. Realize... WE ARE ABOUT TO PLAY POTCO AGAIN IN A FEW SHORT WEEKS! I hear ppl complaining it has been down for too long, but im sitting here so stoked that the game is even coming back! I haven't been this excited for something in a long time! Thanks DEVs for all of your hard work!
Agreed. Well spoken! Getting the game back has been a process accomplished by volunteers on unpaid time. Thank you mates at all levels for making TLOPO possible along with the fellowship!

I have been playing since 2010, but have been watching TLOPO for about a month.
I mean this update happened before Spring break. That was almost 2 months ago now. You haven't been waiting and starving for this as long as most of us, I get your point but (just being honest) I don't think you have the right to go onto this topic like this. But, its the forums people go as they want. Just kinda irritates me to see someone to tell us to stop complaining when they haven't waited as long. I come here everyday to check for any update at all. In the facebook post it said "days" its been 8. That's more than a week, i'm so aggravated. Oh my lord. I wish they would release the game and just let us test it. There's gonna be bugs either way.

Sorry & thank you,
Cayden

I mean this update happened before Spring break. That was almost 2 months ago now. You haven't been waiting and starving for this as long as most of us, I get your point but (just being honest) I don't think you have the right to go onto this topic like this. But, its the forums people go as they want. Just kinda irritates me to see someone to tell us to stop complaining when they haven't waited as long. I come here everyday to check for any update at all. In the facebook post it said "days" its been 8. That's more than a week, i'm so aggravated. Oh my lord. I wish they would release the game and just let us test it. There's gonna be bugs either way.

Sorry & thank you,
Cayden

Hey there, pirate!

He's been waiting just as long as the rest of us, actually, given that he's played the original game and had to endure it shutting down as well. He's certainly every right to post here, and attempt to calm the masses down - it's a noble effort on his part :). As for someone telling you to stop complaining - when has complaining ever fixed the problem? Go outside, read a book, play with some friends - but torturing yourself or bashing people isn't going to make the game come up sooner, ever.

There was an update that said some bugs were encountered, and you should consider the point of view of perhaps these bugs mean it's not ready to open to the public yet - else they'd of done so already. Some bugs are worse than others, so why risk everyone's pirates just so you can play sooner? Best to wait for everything to get patched up so it's stable enough to enjoy the game and properly test :).

Fair winds, and thank you for your patience!

Also - do remember that the developers are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, with no pay, on already busy schedules whenever they have free time. We should be grateful of that sort of kindness, not aggravated that they're trying their best.

Hey there, pirate!

He's been waiting just as long as the rest of us, actually, given that he's played the original game and had to endure it shutting down as well. He's certainly every right to post here, and attempt to calm the masses down - it's a noble effort on his part :). As for someone telling you to stop complaining - when has complaining ever fixed the problem? Go outside, read a book, play with some friends - but torturing yourself or bashing people isn't going to make the game come up sooner, ever.

There was an update that said some bugs were encountered, and you should consider the point of view of perhaps these bugs mean it's not ready to open to the public yet - else they'd of done so already. Some bugs are worse than others, so why risk everyone's pirates just so you can play sooner? Best to wait for everything to get patched up so it's stable enough to enjoy the game and properly test :).

Fair winds, and thank you for your patience!

Also - do remember that the developers are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, with no pay, on already busy schedules whenever they have free time. We should be grateful of that sort of kindness, not aggravated that they're trying their best.

Ok, thanks Johnny. I understand more I guess. I've just tried substituting my thoughts and my excitement is over coming me. I can't help but come back and desperately look through everything for a small update or information of any sort. Im hungry to play again. I understand they do it out of there pockets but its there choice. (I am grateful and thank them alot).

Thank you,
Cayden

I mean this update happened before Spring break. That was almost 2 months ago now. You haven't been waiting and starving for this as long as most of us, I get your point but (just being honest) I don't think you have the right to go onto this topic like this.

Not really a fair thing to say. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and like @Johnny Telltale said, even though he wasn't on the forums, he has still been waiting and enduring the pain of not having the game for as long as everyone else has, even the oldies on the forums.

Just kinda irritates me to see someone to tell us to stop complaining when they haven't waited as long. I come here everyday to check for any update at all.

I think it's a civic duty to remind each other not to complain. How long we've been on the forums doesn't effect a thing. If a person telling others to stop complain didn't play POTCO, it still shouldn't effect a thing. I understand that the devs have kept saying "Coming soon!" or "In a few days!" But such is the nature of game development. It's unpredictable. For that matter, development of anything is unpredictable. Complaining about it isn't helping the developers get it done any faster. What they truly need is our support. But, I understand your frustration. So, just take a deep breath, and chillax.

Sorry if I came out as attacking.

Well, we have to remember that we were directly informed via the official TLOPO Facebook that the game would be up in a few days at most as of last Friday. Considering this, I felt like it would be prudent to inform the community if any delays did indeed happen, which I would find completely understandable. But you have to look at the bigger picture here, people aren't getting fidgety because of the length of downtime but by the lack of communication. For example, I was very excited when the post appeared on the Facebook, but I am somewhat confused about a lack of communication regarding a developmental delay considering that we WERE told that the game would be up in a few days.

Also, I hope no one takes this as any slight to the developers. I think they're doing a great job and I am eternally grateful to them for bringing back one of my favorite games with which I built many memories.
I agree with this, communication has been lacking in other areas as well ESPECIALLY around bans, reasons, and where how and who to address.

Hey pirate!

I'm aware what Lawrence was saying. I don't have the answers you're looking for I'm afraid, but commented to the best of my ability - that doesn't mean I was clueless as to what he was saying :p. Thank you for the clarification though!

As I said, it's hard to give constant updates during development of most any game, as things can change on a whim - such is the nature of code. The patience is appreciated though, thank you to everyone that's holding out!

Hope you're all having a great start to your weekends, fair winds mates!

Update: It appears there are some answers to your questions found on the Facebook:

https://gyazo.com/d2ed776ad0b7fb1a787593a4dafdc6ed

Hope that answers your question, we DID give official feedback, have a nice day @Shamus The Brute and @Lawrence_Ironhawk :)
Don't even try and tell it's hard to go on Facebook or forums for less than five mins on the downtime thread and type, " a few unexpected bugs have occurred the downtime can be expected to be prolonged a week"

I agree with this, communication has been lacking in other areas as well ESPECIALLY around bans, reasons, and where how and who to address.

While it's true we won't discuss bans in public to avoid name and shame, there's certainly some resources to use in regards to them. You can always contact support@tlopo.com with questions or concerns, the support email is there to help :).

Don't even try and tell it's hard to go on Facebook or forums for less than five mins on the downtime thread and type, " a few unexpected bugs have occurred the downtime can be expected to be prolonged a week"

Hey there!

Well, it actually can be that hard.

Here's the not-so-fun thing: What if more bugs popped up, or it turns out harder to fix than first thought? Suddenly we go from saying, "Done in a week!" to "Wait, no, one more week!" Wouldn't this upset people even more? A simple five minute post could possibly end up doing more harm than good in that sense.

Better to wait until we've got a better idea on the time it may take, and not just rush an estimate out that could very likely be wrong. Which means updates can take a bit while things are double checked, savvy? ;)

Fair winds, pirate!

Back