Holiday Currency Trader

River

Wanted Pirate
I had a predicament. I wanted the Arctic Cutlass from the Yulitide Store. I was in an awkward spot where I had enough Small and Enchanted Moonstones, but not enough Large Moonstones. I already had more than enough Small and Enchanted Moonstones to the point where I had double the amount I needed. So I started wondering: What if Holiday Currency Traders were introduced to help combat that?

The HCT would function as its title suggests, trade in currency, for currency. For example:

500 Small Moonstones will get the player 10-15 Large Moonstones

500 Small Moonstones will get the player 5-10 Enchanted Moonstones.

This concept would in my opinion make a player's QOL a little better. Thoughts or ideas?

Just add it to the trading idea.

This has nothing to do with player trading, this was the correct way to do it in all honesty.

I had a predicament. I wanted the Arctic Cutlass from the Yulitide Store. I was in an awkward spot where I had enough Small and Enchanted Moonstones, but not enough Large Moonstones. I already had more than enough Small and Enchanted Moonstones to the point where I had double the amount I needed. So I started wondering: What if Holiday Currency Traders were introduced to help combat that?

The HCT would function as its title suggests, trade in currency, for currency. For example:

This concept would in my opinion make a player's QOL a little better. Thoughts or ideas?

I LOVE and support this idea wholeheartedly. I believe there should be a single vendor that converts all holiday currencies, and I think a 50-1 ratio like you mentioned when giving examples would actually be a pretty decent way of going about it.

One thing I noticed you didn't happen to mention, was downgrading the higher currencies. I know it may seem counterintuitive, but I feel like Enchanted could be downgraded for a large sum of the either two currencies. (~1,000 Small or 250 Large per 10 Enchanted?) Other than that, my only comment would be this line here:

"500 Small Moonstones will get the player 5-10 Enchanted Moonstones."

While that could be an OK way of doing it, I think the ratio should probably be 150:1, or 750 Small for 5 Enchanted, and there should also be a conversion method from Large to Enchanted, but that's a whole other factor and I feel like if it were to be added it most definitely would eventually be addressed.

Great post!

This has nothing to do with player trading, this was the correct way to do it in all honesty.

I LOVE and support this idea wholeheartedly. I believe there should be a single vendor that converts all holiday currencies, and I think a 50-1 ratio like you mentioned when giving examples would actually be a pretty decent way of going about it.

One thing I noticed you didn't happen to mention, was downgrading the higher currencies. I know it may seem counterintuitive, but I feel like Enchanted could be downgraded for a large sum of the either two currencies. (~1,000 Small or 250 Large per 10 Enchanted?) Other than that, my only comment would be this line here:

"500 Small Moonstones will get the player 5-10 Enchanted Moonstones."

While that could be an OK way of doing it, I think the ratio should probably be 150:1, or 750 Small for 5 Enchanted, and there should also be a conversion method from Large to Enchanted, but that's a whole other factor and I feel like if it were to be added it most definitely would eventually be addressed.

Great post!
It could still be a thing.

If this concept were ever looked at, maybe the fairest way of conversions would be up and down as it's possible many people have all sorts of combinations of need for item count. No sense in limiting combinations and if running out of time in the event this could help too.
So, all stones have conversion rates to each other and the ability to do so the complete length of the event, not limited in any way.

Back