Home network tips .

squintz

Pirate Lord
Ahoy. I was seeing bad lag in a lot of programs and web navigation not just tlopo. I have no idea yet if this would effect a internet video game.

But, while I was trouble shooting my network for a non internet problem weeks ago, I had downloaded a supported and respected network system tool to use.
Since then my computer network/lan issued solved I noticed a distinct drop in broadband speed across the board.
I was checking the Windows Task Manager window (the one where you can do ctrl+alt+del to bring up and whatever way one gets there) and under the network tab once clicked should be a field showing as 'adapters'. These are either virtual or actual devices running right at that time of opening that window. And hooked to your networks. You should see your present internet connection listed at the top of that list at least.

I found that the network program had installed a type of loop back background routine in hidden services. It showed up in that monitor though. It's job was basically part of the legit scan when I used it weeks ago. What I didn't catch was in the instructions to uninstall the program after it's use. That program was basically running a background scan of my network looking for attached items and ports as if still testing. Things like slow loading of websites, typing slowing or stopping..etc. Possible poor coding but a legit program just the same.

But the tip is to go look at this location in the task manager to see if something doesn't seem recognizable or an unknown name. If some doubt, do a internet search with that name to ascertain if it belongs there. My speed improved notably when it was removed.

Hope this may help someone.

Back