How Come We Arent Allowed To Kick People Off An Ordinary Ship?

Avrae Aradace

Buccaneer
I'm wondering why we can only boot others off a privateering ship if they got annoying. Why cant we kick them off an ordinary ship? Some of us get annoyed with people who try steering your own ship and going to wherever they need to go when your trying to either level up or get some gold.
Why cant it be like a fishing boat where only the captain can steer or the captain giving the crew mates the permission to steer?

I wish all ships were like a fishing boat... when weak(er) people come onto your ship and say "Can I drive?" you know it won't be a nice sailing day for you.
cursing.gif
I just get it over quick and let them drive for a few minutes. When you try to repair, they always start driving away to who knows where. I think they let you kick someone off in SVS because they might on purpose take up a repairing spot or cannon spot so the team that you are on loses. My advise for you is to keep your ship to friends, crew, and guild only! Good luck!
cannon.gif

Thats why my sailing is so low.. I also get mad when the low levels come on my ship and are like "CAN WE KILL SOME BULWARKS!!!" and then I have to explain to them you 'sink' not kill ships. Then they get mad and steal my wheel anyway. Or i'll look away for a sec and they ported! :(

When you try to repair, they always start driving away to who knows where. :cannon:

I agree with you, that is very annoying. It also happened when I took the wheel off to see who had come to my ship and try to crew them, and somebody took over my wheel without even asking. And when I warned them openly on the local chat not to take the wheel over without Capt.'s permission (so that it became known to everybody on the ship that such action was not acceptable), they became grouchy. I wanted to kick them off, but of course I couldn't (sad!).

I had a 'feeling like pulling my hair' experience with all kinds of ppl on the ship. One night I was cannoning on a public ship, and there was a girl pirate who would not, and I mean, would not stop asking the Capt. to dock. We - who wanted to level up and make money - asked her to stop and tried to explain the idea of replacing cargo with the better ones. Instead, she deliberately kept on screaming DOOOOOCCCKKKKK for tens of times. And she called the Capt. names (as in "who ever drives this ship is stupid"), and when we reminded her that it was the Capt., she confirmed that "who ever drives this ship" was stupid. That was over the line. But we couldn't do nothing, and nor could the Capt! The wise Capt. asked us - the crew - to put her on 'ignore'. Yes, that was all we could do ... pitiful ... We did dock eventually, but that kind of action should not have to be tolerated by a Capt. of the ship.

Last night, somebody stole my ship. Literally. I was just about to port at Padres when an unknown person tp-ed to me. I saw the incoming message right before I hit the dock button. He was not my friend, so I was guessing he found my public ship through 'looking for a crew' thing. I tried to have my ship repaired at the shipwright, but it wouldn't let me. So I thought, great ... my ship was glitched because of that person. So I re-launched my ship and sure enough, I found a stranger steering away my war frigate towards Port Royal ... a lvl 8 unlimited Swashbuckler who - I was almost positive - was an experience player who acted as a super noob. All I could do was 'preaching' to him on how rude his action was. And yes, you've guessed the response; he laughed at me. This was one of the rare occasions that I really wanted Disney Potco to add to the pirate's skills ... the ability to slap somebody's face! It would be nice if I could have kicked his tail off my ship, but of course, all I could do was porting and hoping to never see him again.
mad.png

Last night, somebody stole my ship. Literally. I was just about to port at Padres when an unknown person tp-ed to me. I saw the incoming message right before I hit the dock button. He was not my friend, so I was guessing he found my public ship through 'looking for a crew' thing. I tried to have my ship repaired at the shipwright, but it wouldn't let me. So I thought, great ... my ship was glitched because of that person. So I re-launched my ship and sure enough, I found a stranger steering away my war frigate towards Port Royal ... a lvl 8 unlimited Swashbuckler who - I was almost positive - was an experience player who acted as a super noob. All I could do was 'preaching' to him on how rude his action was. And yes, you've guessed the response; he laughed at me. This was one of the rare occasions that I really wanted Disney Potco to add to the pirate's skills ... the ability to slap somebody's face! It would be nice if I could have kicked his tail off my ship, but of course, all I could do was porting and hoping to never see him again. :mad:

Almost the same thing happened to me. I docked, and my ship was still in the water! Driven by a level 8, it was almost "out of health" and we sunk.
facepalm.gif

cannon.gif
I don't mind porting for ppl that really need to go and we have been sailing awhile. Sometimes "Real Life" happens and ppl have to log off the game.

On the rude pirate part and ship stealing....happened to me just recently. SO I hit a harbinger, I think it was, and turned the ship so no one could shoot at it. I did warn all to jump ship cause we were going down...that was the most rude crew I have ever experienced. They deserved no loot and they got none. Only one person stayed on the ship and went down with the Captain.

I agree with you, that is very annoying. It also happened when I took the wheel off to see who had come to my ship and try to crew them, and somebody took over my wheel without even asking. And when I warned them openly on the local chat not to take the wheel over without Capt.'s permission (so that it became known to everybody on the ship that such action was not acceptable), they became grouchy. I wanted to kick them off, but of course I couldn't (sad!).

I had a 'feeling like pulling my hair' experience with all kinds of ppl on the ship. One night I was cannoning on a public ship, and there was a girl pirate who would not, and I mean, would not stop asking the Capt. to dock. We - who wanted to level up and make money - asked her to stop and tried to explain the idea of replacing cargo with the better ones. Instead, she deliberately kept on screaming DOOOOOCCCKKKKK for tens of times. And she called the Capt. names (as in "who ever drives this ship is stupid"), and when we reminded her that it was the Capt., she confirmed that "who ever drives this ship" was stupid. That was over the line. But we couldn't do nothing, and nor could the Capt! The wise Capt. asked us - the crew - to put her on 'ignore'. Yes, that was all we could do ... pitiful ... We did dock eventually, but that kind of action should not have to be tolerated by a Capt. of the ship.

Last night, somebody stole my ship. Literally. I was just about to port at Padres when an unknown person tp-ed to me. I saw the incoming message right before I hit the dock button. He was not my friend, so I was guessing he found my public ship through 'looking for a crew' thing. I tried to have my ship repaired at the shipwright, but it wouldn't let me. So I thought, great ... my ship was glitched because of that person. So I re-launched my ship and sure enough, I found a stranger steering away my war frigate towards Port Royal ... a lvl 8 unlimited Swashbuckler who - I was almost positive - was an experience player who acted as a super noob. All I could do was 'preaching' to him on how rude his action was. And yes, you've guessed the response; he laughed at me. This was one of the rare occasions that I really wanted Disney Potco to add to the pirate's skills ... the ability to slap somebody's face! It would be nice if I could have kicked his tail off my ship, but of course, all I could do was porting and hoping to never see him again. :mad:

do you like typing?

I've had this experience too, but I've always managed to save me ship from the idiots. I really hope we can get either a Captain-can-only-steer-ship update or one where ye can boot people off ye ship

I too think it is very irritating when someone grabs the wheel without permission....I very seldom sail open to the public. I had someone yelling PORT, PORT, PORT....I'd like that skill to smach someone too Jade! ...lol
By the way, has anyone notice problems with your ship....when all permission are checked off and you still get people teleporting on board? Never use to be a problem, updates might be messing things up!

Yes I think they should be keel hauled, drawn and quartered, strung up and shot. The "wheel stealers" are a menace to society. I have considered putting a thought buble over my head that reads, "HECK NO YOU CANNOT STEER GET YOUR OWN :cursing: BOAT" I feel a full blown rant coming on... and further more how come they never thank you after you make them loads of loot and plunder and they always want you to port because "cargo" is full? To those noobs who stay clear of the bridge and repair and shoot cannon without even a peep, I SALUTE YOU. AND FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, I salute you to.!!! now how do i get to insert pics (this is picture of Hart on Fire) She ,FYI, has a secret life :) love the helmut GG

in my message like everybody else?
vik23.jpg

EDIT (Jan 20, 2011 at 6:20 AM):
OK I got it now...........somebody is gonna regret ever inviting me here lol :)
peacetea.png

EDIT (Jan 20, 2011 at 6:22 AM):
more pics of friends we know and love...
hartvik99.png

EDIT (Jan 20, 2011 at 6:23 AM):
gghartvik.png

Back