How do I take off Spanish?

puppieydogg

Sea Legs
Please tell me there's a way. I accidentally accepted the quest to be Spanish team and I don't want either. I can't sail anywhere at all in the game without being shot and sunk as soon as I leave the island. I don't want a team.

You would have to launch from an island that is not Isla De La Avarcia or Ile D'Etable De Porc to not fly Spanish or French colors.
So since I selected Spanish I'm pretty much stuck Spanish? Sorry I'm confused I'm not sure if I'm going to need to start over. Or will launching from other islands other than those two take off the team?

So since I selected Spanish I'm pretty much stuck Spanish? Sorry I'm confused I'm not sure if I'm going to need to start over. Or will launching from other islands other than those two take off the team?

Launching from another island that isn't the French or Spanish SvS Island (De Porc & Avarcia) will no longer have you assigned to an SvS team.

Please tell me there's a way. I accidentally accepted the quest to be Spanish team and I don't want either. I can't sail anywhere at all in the game without being shot and sunk as soon as I leave the island. I don't want a team.
Yes, it's annoying, but for some reason it's a feature in potco and tlopo where if you end up at these island unintentionally, you automatically magically turn into french/spanish pvp. This may have been a convenient programming device and proper for pvp continuity. But as you found out, it's a bane for the non pvp pirate getting dumped to that island.
There's only three solutions to that dilemma. Easyest is to log out, not always desired. Second, to TP to main other islands. Don't have TP? Then third is to keep trying to move away from the island as fast as possible. But after numerous sinkings, we mostly end up logging out anyways.
There may be a forth way as well. Join a public ship that shows no pvp colors. That has worked too.

GL

Yes, it's annoying, but for some reason it's a feature in potco and tlopo where if you end up at these island unintentionally, you automatically magically turn into french/spanish pvp. This may have been a convenient programming device and proper for pvp continuity. But as you found out, it's a bane for the non pvp pirate getting dumped to that island.
There's only three solutions to that dilemma. Easyest is to log out, not always desired. Second, to TP to main other islands. Don't have TP? Then third is to keep trying to move away from the island as fast as possible. But after numerous sinkings, we mostly end up logging out anyways.
There may be a forth way as well. Join a public ship that shows no pvp colors. That has worked too.

GL
Good advice. :) To clarify (for new players though and as Samuel & Misha mentioned), you only "magically" turn into Spanish or French if you sail a ship by launching from either island. Perhaps this is what you tried to say or rather I likely misunderstood you.

If you can't teleport away from the French or Spanish island, launch your "lightest" class ship as possible ('light sloop' preferably) and dart as quickly as you can to any island other than De Porc or Avarcia!

Good advice. :) To clarify (for new players though and as Samuel & Misha mentioned), you only "magically" turn into Spanish or French if you sail a ship by launching from either island. Perhaps this is what you tried to say or rather I likely misunderstood you.

If you can't teleport away from the French or Spanish island, launch your "lightest" class ship as possible ('light sloop' preferably) and dart as quickly as you can to any island other than De Porc or Avarcia!
Correct, once you're marooned there not of your choice, launching anything you are pvp. To not start speaking Spanish, you would have to TP away or log off. Nothing you do on the island will change anything when you launch. I have joined a public ship to get away however.

And you are correct again, one needs to port at any thing other than the pvp islands to cancel the pvp matching.

Back