how do you feel about this?

should key holders get something for everythng they have done?

• No

• Yes

• they should because with out them there would be no game

• why is there a poll?

Results are only viewable after voting.

navy3001

Notorious Pirate
how do you feel about that people that have keys are going to get somthing that no one else can get?

I thought having the ability to play whenever they wanted without restrictions was the reward. Only very few were lucky enough to get keys although we all been here following the development since the start of alpha.(and when it was called rewritten)
well, i see it as a thank you to the key holders, because in alpha there was a crash every other day we had to deal with, and with out testers, there would be no game to play

well, i see it as a thank you to the key holders, because in alpha there was a crash every other day we had to deal with, and with out testers, there would be no game to play
It's not that people didn't wanna test, there were many people eager to help test alpha but didn't get the chance because of the low distribution of keys. I just don't see the point of giving the lottery winners more prizes.

It's not that people didn't wanna test, there were many people eager to help test alpha but didn't get the chance because of the low distribution of keys. I just don't see the point of giving the lottery winners more prizes.
i see were you are coming from, but at the time, the server could not hold so many people, so they did random key give away and the one that got the keys helped get the game to were it is today, but if they did not do keys then it might not be at were it is at because the server may of just kept crashing over and over and over when alpha started

Although I didn't participate in the Closed Alpha or Closed Beta, I want to thank those who were...they helped the game to be what it is and helped to make it a reality!

I would like to see them get something for their efforts. Whether it is a forum title, an in-game exclusive clothing item, a special tattoo...something.

I guess I am not in the "everyone's special" mind-frame that I've seen become apparent in the world. If a person gives their time unselfishly and helps others achieve their goals & dreams, then that person should be given something exclusive to proudly display their efforts. To give an analogy: They hand out Gold, Silver, and Bronze Olympic Medals for a reason...everyone doesn't get a medal if they haven't participated other than attending the venue!!

Colour me old-fashioned. I guess I don't live in the current world of "Where's Mine?!! >.<" attitude.

TQQdles™

What if you played from the beginning but just didn't have a key..

well..90% of the alpha was in closed so most of the key holders helped fix 99% of the alpha bugs so with no key testers then it would have a lot more bugs

Beta key holders kept the game alive... just a fact. We also had more time to play, which means we contributed more to the testing of the game. That's the whole purpose of alpha and beta
From what I've observed, key holders for the most part got lucky, were under no obligation to do anything nor were asked to contribute.
They already had gotten something special no one else had, why should that be rewarded yet again? Other beta testers played and tested just as hard as key holders. Probably even more so as we had to make our time count because of limitations. Also to say key holders play so much more may not be true. All key holders had was the added benefit of playing when they wanted. I don't know how many times I was DC'd for time and came right back on when allowed to do so.
So I voted no.
Sorry.
Gl.

how do you feel about that people that have keys are going to get somthing that no one else can get?

As an alpha tester, beta tester, and key holder? Yes.

We put up with so many bugs, helped the devs identify problem areas, etc etc etc. We deserve something cosmetic that cannot be obtained by the general population.

We put up with so many bugs, helped the devs identify problem areas, etc etc etc. We deserve something cosmetic that cannot be obtained by the general population.
While I do agree with you that us key holders should get something, we also have to remember that the developers freely gave us this game to test and play and it was our choice to join.

Thanks Devs

I understand a bit where you're coming from, BUT the game AND the keys were a gift. The key holders did not pay for them, they were not for the most part given to specific people because of there expertise. I have a problem accepting that a key holder somehow deserved their key and worked one hour longer than any one else. tlopo didn't force anyone to work hard or play longer. Didn't the key holders get to keep their keys as a memento? As proof they were around at such and such time. No one was working their fingers off and was gifted a key, were they?

The key itself was a hook to get more people to try the game. I'm willing to bet as soon as most people got a key, their game time dropped after a short period of pirate bingeing. Human nature, get your price, sit back and play at leisure.

But that's off the topic a bit. I personally don't see were people who lucked out with a key feel they are even more entitled now. I do feel that tlopo should let people have an icon or some proof of key if that was taken away.

I'm getting the feeling some people are feeling less special now that everyones in the sandbox.

This may be an issue about a non issue. Sorry.

Honestly, even something like a red nametag for alpha key holders would make me happy. and maybe purple or green for beta. (I've been here since alpha key times. I got my key the first second of the New Year 2 years back I think...maybe 1 :p)
Okay, saw this after my last post, which I asked about what happened to the keys. Are you saying that you have nothing at all to show for it. Tlopo pulled them from the accounts and everything?
Can you please enlighten me on those questions? For whatever the perception one has about being a key holder, at the very least one should have permanent proof of having been involved in this way and thus the time frame as well.
What one did with it or whatever isn't as weighted as it once was but at least should have bragging rights.

BUT the game AND the keys were a gift. The key holders did not pay for them, they were not for the most part given to specific people because of there expertise. I have a problem accepting that a key holder somehow deserved their key and worked one hour longer than any one else.
do you feel the same about every other game out there that does alpha and beta key give aways to people then give them a reword for being in said alpha / beta?

do you feel the same about every other game out there that does alpha and beta key give aways to people then give them a reword for being in said alpha / beta?
I would if I ever saw that on other games. I have not.
What about people who may not have played hardly at all, or were new and earned a key in the art contest. Other than drawing something, did they pay their dues in the game? Even though their artwork is supposed to appear in the game, how would they prove this to an outsider?
And about putting in time and reports. Saying a key holder worked harder longer than others is disingenuous to us that labor here as well. If you put in 9 hours straight, and I put in 3- 3 hour stints concurrently, where is the difference and sweat and tears and special sauce between a key holder and me you're conveying?

Maybe if tlopo goes back to the special people key days, abassa may not crash every 33 seconds.
If all you and others want is some sort of permanent banner, tag or badge always on display, I absolutely agree. I also think it wouldn't be a slight to anyone if a key-holder got a hat or certain clothes to show everyone that that person was in the trenches during certain parts of the game growth.

But I would not agree giving a key holder a special weapon or item that allows a performance enhancement ingame.
But lucking out in the game and getting a key wouldn't change anything of what I was always already doing and IMO, I would never feel entitled because I found one. Recognized and remembered, yes. Bestowed continued gifts beyond cosmetic? No.

Last edited:
Back