Discussion How do you feel about trading in the game?

What do you think about trading?

• Total voters
Trading within POTCO led to the game's demise (Disney received 'less' money for UA which in-turn, caused a trickle down effect leading themselves to not value POTCO as much). *On Youtube, "comments" made to videos in support of POTCO trading was epidemic! :sigh:

~ I do not support TLOPO "trading" because of what I do state above. In addition, when (trading) exchanges go bad...much angst in brought unnecessarily into the community which does not have to be if people would just remain satisfied with what they have!:smh:

TLOPO will not charge a subscription fee, so your claim about "the game's demise" is completely irrelevant. If anything, trading would help prevent account sharing, which was an actual problem in POTCO.

It would take away from the game I think people could give their friends a great weapon when normally you may have to farm for a couple days to even get the item, also people would the have a reason to run around and just ask for weapons instead of trying to get them there selfs so I think that aspect of the game shouldn't change.

Trading within POTCO led to the game's demise (Disney received 'less' money for UA which in-turn, caused a trickle down effect leading themselves to not value POTCO as much). *On Youtube, "comments" made to videos in support of POTCO trading was epidemic! :sigh:

~ I do not support TLOPO "trading" because of what I do state above. In addition, when (trading) exchanges go bad...much angst in brought unnecessarily into the community which does not have to be if people would just remain satisfied with what they have!:smh:
Most MMOG's use trading...they trade gold, clothes,weapons, supplies...etc. In LOTRO, trading is one of the main ways higher lvl players help low lvls. Though, LOTRO and games such as it are much more complex and bigger than potco.

My stance on trading? Absolutely not.

In my opinion, it would only facilitate drama and encourage trolls to prey on/scam others for their weapons. I don't need to see any more reason for quarrels in the community.

On the other hand, I would be a proponent for an account-bound "bank" of sorts that would allow you to access weapons across all pirates on a singular account. Gives extra storage for loot as well as a little more opportunity to use some lower-tier Famed weapons on lower level pirates.

My stance on trading? Absolutely not.

In my opinion, it would only facilitate drama and encourage trolls to prey on/scam others for their weapons. I don't need to see any more reason for quarrels in the community.

On the other hand, I would be a proponent for an account-bound "bank" of sorts that would allow you to access weapons across all pirates on a singular account. Gives extra storage for loot as well as a little more opportunity to use some lower-tier Famed weapons on lower level pirates.
I am completely on board with this method of "trading".

TLOPO will not charge a subscription fee, so your claim about "the game's demise" is completely irrelevant. If anything, trading would help prevent account sharing, which was an actual problem in POTCO.

No where did I claim that trading would lead to TLOPO's demise. I did mention POTCO, but not TLOPO. There's a difference between the two.

Also, I agree with you on the point about account sharing. That was another area of concern. However, this thread pertains to trading which - like others have mentioned - leads to unnecessary drama. (Hence the 'main' point I had tried to make, with supporting points to emphasize the point).

One unique thing about POTCO was that you couldn't trade. This meant that you had to work to earn your gold, rare weapons, clothes, etc. I think TLOPO should continue that tradition because in other online games where trading is allowed, the game becomes completely revolved around it.

I think the fun in TLOPO should be working to earn these items instead of trading them among other people. The reward feels much better if you work for it yourself.

There should not be trading of any sort. However, I am a proponent of the "account bank" where you can move weapons/ clothing from pirate to pirate WITHIN the same account. I don't know about you guys but I absolutely hated trashing famed items for better famed items/ legendary items because we were so limited with space on our pirates. This goes for bright clothing as well.... its sad that I was forced to trash so many special clothing items on Benjamin...

There should not be trading of any sort. However, I am a proponent of the "account bank" where you can move weapons/ clothing from pirate to pirate WITHIN the same account. I don't know about you guys but I absolutely hated trashing famed items for better famed items/ legendary items because we were so limited with space on our pirates. This goes for bright clothing as well.... its sad that I was forced to trash so many special clothing items on Benjamin...
maybe a bigger inventory or a bank for just that pirate, because having a bank for your entire account brings the problems of boosting your other characters and all the reasons people listed why we shouldnt have trading, while taking away the fun of trading with friends/guild members

Trading between pirates on the same account? Absolutely. Trading between pirates on different accounts? HUGE NO.

I think "fair" trading should be added, that is, you can trade but you can't giveaway or donate. A value could be applied to all items that determines how much the item is worth. Then, in the trading menu, you could only trade if the values of the traded items were close enough to each other. This way, you couldn't give away free legendary items, but allow transfer of items and gold between players. If someone gets an extreme amount of gold and wants to use it to buy a legendary from someone, he would have earned it either way.

This version would eliminate most if not all problems caused by trading; downside being that you couldn't pay or give away stuff to guild members or crew members.

I think the game was perfect the way it was. Trading wasn't in the first game and I think it will inspire scammers and people who profit of other people newness.

I think the game was perfect the way it was. Trading wasn't in the first game and I think it will inspire scammers and people who profit of other people newness.

My fair trading system idea would fix that too, since new people couldn't afford to get much from experienced players other than crude items. Besides, trading system (along with most/any other new content), if added, won't be added until the very distant future after TLOPO is in full release and running smoothly.

I disagree with adding trading. For serious looters such as myself, a large source of the fun that POTCO gave us was the hunting for rare items. These items gave us a sense of accomplishment. If trading were implemented, rare items like brights and famed would become less special, decreasing that sense of accomplishment. I know that during my time of playing POTCO, I did wish for trading to be added. However, I now realize that looting among other things were the reason that I kept coming back to POTCO. The hard work that you put in grinding enemies makes finding legendary weapons special, and I don't want that to change.

Just my 2 cents

I disagree with adding trading. For serious looters such as myself, a large source of the fun that POTCO gave us was the hunting for rare items. These items gave us a sense of accomplishment. If trading were implemented, rare items like brights and famed would become less special, decreasing that sense of accomplishment. I know that during my time of playing POTCO, I did wish for trading to be added. However, I now realize that looting among other things were the reason that I kept coming back to POTCO. The hard work that you put in grinding enemies makes finding legendary weapons special, and I don't want that to change.

Just my 2 cents
My thinking was that people that loot could find items and sell them if they didn't want them. POTCO didn't really have any economy that involved other players. Trading would connect the community more.

My thinking was that people that loot could find items and sell them if they didn't want them. POTCO didn't really have any economy that involved other players. Trading would connect the community more.
I think part of @Drewski0199's argument against this is that looters have bragging rights, where as people that buy the weapons don't. But how can you tell the difference between someone who bought/earned it? In that way it would be less fulfilling and less special to get a rare/coveted item.

But again, I personally would still like to have a way that my brother and I can trade items lol, I wouldn't use it publicly at all.

I think part of @Drewski0199's argument against this is that looters have bragging rights, where as people that buy the weapons don't. But how can you tell the difference between someone who bought/earned it? In that way it would be less fulfilling and less special to get a rare/coveted item.

But again, I personally would still like to have a way that my brother and I can trade items lol, I wouldn't use it publicly at all.
Maybe it could say at the bottom of the item info for it "This item was discovered by _____" or something like that. Buying your items from other players could be a way for people to get nice items without having to grind for hours to find it if they don't want to. This way looters could also sell duplicates and make some money off of it.

Maybe it could say at the bottom of the item info for it "This item was discovered by _____" or something like that. Buying your items from other players could be a way for people to get nice items without having to grind for hours to find it if they don't want to. This way looters could also sell duplicates and make some money off of it.
Yes, but it could easily be exploited unless there are guidelines

Back