Discussion How do you feel about trading in the game?

What do you think about trading?

• Total voters
Honestly, no. There's something not right to me about having a legendary weapon that you didn't earn.

Maybe add a way to trade gold between pirates, maybe even clothes, but I believe weapons should remain something that you should always habe to earn for yourself.

I agree with John. I would love to have a trading system between the pirates of a single account, making it possible to collect every famed/legendary item!

To me, trading will diminish the value of getting famed/legendary items since they will become less rare.

As far as end game economy, maxed out players don't need gold and they want the sense of accomplishment of getting famed for themselves, not getting them from others. If it was possible to trade for ship materials, maybe I'd see it in a more positive light, but I don't want to see it in any other form than being able to transfer your weapons between your own pirates via some sort of bank system.

being only able to trade between your account makes it so you can boost your other characters which is the main problem of trading while taking away the fun of trading with friends/guild members, and people keep saying that there shouldnt be trading because you are scammed, if you can see what the other person is trading how can you be scammed? you can also be scammed with someone asking for your account, there will always be those people out there that are gonna fall for something but that is because they dont pay attention, if they trade when the other person is trading nothing then that is their fault, shouldnt be a reason why we cant have fun and trade, and if you think it takes away the fun of looting then dont trade, anyways you still have to loot the gold to buy them, this would just be a way to get legendaries when you have bad luck, and if they raise the cap to let's say 500k i would say that is plenty of gold and worth a legendary so you arent just getting it for free, you are earning it!!!

being only able to trade between your account makes it so you can boost your other characters which is the main problem of trading while taking away the fun of trading with friends/guild members, and people keep saying that there shouldnt be trading because you are scammed, if you can see what the other person is trading how can you be scammed? you can also be scammed with someone asking for your account, there will always be those people out there that are gonna fall for something but that is because they dont pay attention, if they trade when the other person is trading nothing then that is their fault, shouldnt be a reason why we cant have fun and trade, and if you think it takes away the fun of looting then dont trade, anyways you still have to loot the gold to buy them, this would just be a way to get legendaries when you have bad luck, and if they raise the cap to let's say 500k i would say that is plenty of gold and worth a legendary so you arent just getting it for free, you are earning it!!!
Legendary are worth more than 500k imo, although I doubt they would raise the cap for trading. Legendary weapons are legendary and are worth more than gold.
Being able to trade with your own account gives you more storage to loot more famed weapons, how is that a problem?
Also, the amount of time spent getting 500k would be alot less than getting legendary

read what i said ^^
I read what you wrote but I don't agree with it.

To me, trading ruins all the fun of having to loot for a weapon.

You can just rely on your buddies to give you cool swords instead of earning them yourself. And what you said about if someone accidentally trades away a legendary weapon, then it's "their fault"? What if they misclick? What if they are still a relatively low-leveled player who gets a legendary and they're still not familiar with how the trading system works, should it be "their fault" if they get scammed out of a good weapon?

And you talked about raising the gold cap to a higher amount to make it "like you're earning it" when you make a trade. Tbh no amount of gold can be equal to the time, gameplay, memories you make, and people you meet while on the quest for legendary weapons.

th
Legendary are worth more than 500k imo, although I doubt they would raise the cap for trading. Legendary weapons are legendary and are worth more than gold.
Being able to trade with your own account gives you more storage to loot more famed weapons, how is that a problem?
Also, the amount of time spent getting 500k would be alot less than getting legendary
the time it would take to get 500k would be weeks if not months, which is how long it would take to get a legendary if you are grinding hard and dont have really bad luck, i know you will say it is really easy to get gold and you could get 500k in a week but no that isnt true otherwise you would be playing way too much and you would have found a legendary in that time and it is worth it, so yes legendaries can be worth gold because you still have to work for that gold, 500k is a LOT

I read what you wrote but I don't agree with it.

To me, trading ruins all the fun of having to loot for a weapon.

You can just rely on your buddies to give you cool swords instead of earning them yourself. And what you said about if someone accidentally trades away a legendary weapon, then it's "their fault"? What if they misclick? What if they are still a relatively low-leveled player who gets a legendary and they're still not familiar with how the trading system works, should it be "their fault" if they get scammed out of a good weapon?

And you talked about raising the gold cap to a higher amount to make it "like you're earning it" when you make a trade. Tbh no amount of gold can be equal to the time, gameplay, memories you make, and people you meet while on the quest for legendary weapons.
you cant accidentally click it because you have to click the weapon then trade then accept, and a low level would rarely have a legendary and if they do they probably played potco before because not many new players will probably join and if they do the chances of them getting a legendary are unlikely, and the chances of them being stupid enough to get scammed are even more unlikely. Also read what i said about gold = legendaries

you cant accidentally click it because you have to click the weapon then trade then accept, and a low level would rarely have a legendary and if they do they probably played potco before because not many new players will probably join and if they do the chances of them getting a legendary are unlikely, and the chances of them being stupid enough to get scammed are even more unlikely. Also read what i said about gold = legendaries
Even if they played POTCO, trading wasn't in that game so it's not like anybody would have any prior experience with it. A 2-step confirmation would theoretically be good to have.

And like I said: NO amount of gold is worth the time, gameplay, memories you make, and players you meet while you are looting for legendary weapons.

th

the time it would take to get 500k would be weeks if not months, which is how long it would take to get a legendary if you are grinding hard and dont have really bad luck, i know you will say it is really easy to get gold and you could get 500k in a week but no that isnt true otherwise you would be playing way too much and you would have found a legendary in that time and it is worth it, so yes legendaries can be worth gold because you still have to work for that gold, 500k is a LOT
I would say getting 500k would probably take 1-3 months. Getting legendary (cursed specifically) can take years. I only got 2 from the date they were released to the day potco ended.

Even if they played POTCO, trading wasn't in that game so it's not like anybody would have any prior experience with it. A 2-step confirmation would theoretically be good to have.

And like I said: NO amount of gold is worth the time, gameplay, memories you make, and players you meet while you are looting for legendary weapons.
dude gold IS worth it, you make memories and meet people when getting gold and it is gameplay and it is time so trading wins c:

I would say getting 500k would probably take 1-3 months. Getting legendary (cursed specifically) can take years. I only got 2 from the date they were released to the day potco ended.
i only got 5 silver freeze but that is because i was very unlucky, and i didnt really loot a lot,i barely even had any gold, you can get a legendary just as easily as 500k gold (or less) if you are dedicated and lucky, no downside to trading.

dude gold IS worth it, you make memories and meet people when getting gold and it is gameplay and it is time so trading wins c:
i only got 5 silver freeze but that is because i was very unlucky, and i didnt really loot a lot,i barely even had any gold, you can get a legendary just as easily as 500k gold (or less) if you are dedicated and lucky, no downside to trading.
When you keep repeating the same things over and over again, while others are trying to offer alternate, constructive, valid viewpoints, it becomes obvious after a while that there's no point in debating anymore.

:/

Back