How I Came To Potco And Spania!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven Ironwalker

Site Founder
I first started playing POTCO almost three years ago just a few months after the game first opened. My daughter had always watched the Disney channel on TV and they were playing adds for it and she wanted to try the game out. I knew the whole family enjoyed watching the movies so I decided to check it out. After a couple of weeks of playing I signed up and introduced her to her first online and complicated game. Little did I know that I would become just as hooked on it as her if not more so.

It was only after a few weeks that she had her own character (we started out sharing one). I too created my own character and started out fresh on the story quests. She soon got involved with the guilds which I followed her into when it came to those first few. I must say that my first few experiences with guilds were not the greatest so after being in three or four of them I decided I had enough of it and kind of went out on my own and finished the Black Pearl story quest.

It was while leveling at Dark Heart that I met my first Spania officer and was asked if I wanted to join the guild. I had turned him down telling him that when I had finished leveling I would then get back involved with guilds again. Being guild-less I was approached constantly to join guilds however Spania had been the most polite about it. During the whole time we had talked I was never once interrupted in what I was trying to accomplish or was he rude in any way which was a huge departure from the norm. When I was done leveling to a notoriety of 50 a few weeks later I made it a point to hunt down someone in Spania to become a member.

Since then I have had a really great time with Spania. There is always something fun to do and everyone has been extremely friendly and warm when it comes to do with just about everything.

As for my Daughter? She became a Spania member as well. She saw how much fun I was having while she was looking over my shoulder that she waited until I logged off... then she logged her computer on and ran to the location I had been so she could find some Spania members and join. She mostly plays on the weekends because of school while I on the other hand for the most part am a late night player. I do find time to sneak in during the day while I am at work to make a few posts especially if I am working from home which I do on occasion.

One thing I can say about Spania is that there is always something to do no matter what time of the day I log in. You can also find me on the Test server most evenings for a couple of hours under the character Bill Dockrage... but thats another story..lol!

What a nice story Sven! We are lucky to have you. Thanks for sharing! Btw I like your avatar! :D

Thanks De Fiant! Whenever I see it I think the Dolphin must be in moon training. I will replace it with a photo once I find or make a half way decent one.

i can so relate to this story sven, my little nephew, who is just now five, i would let play on my computer, he would download so many games, and i have no idea how he figured out how to play them, but each morning i would erase pirates of carribean, was taking up such huge memory, but one day, he says, auntie, i made you a pirate, and i said, she is beautiful!, and he taught me to play, and i have been hooked on it ever since. But i tell him, only toontown for you, stay, away, from my bella!

i can so relate to this story sven, my little nephew, who is just now five, i would let play on my computer, he would download so many games, and i have no idea how he figured out how to play them, but each morning i would erase pirates of carribean, was taking up such huge memory, but one day, he says, auntie, i made you a pirate, and i said, she is beautiful!, and he taught me to play, and i have been hooked on it ever since. But i tell him, only toontown for you, stay, away, from my bella!

My story is similar Bella ,i had a 10 year old visiting guest who played pirates and he made me a pirate named Molly Mcsilver.:)

Haha now I dont feel so bad! Thanks for sharing!

great post Sven. i like that you made it a family affair. truth be told my cousin started and i thought nothing of it. hearing terrible stories about Neverquest. :p ops Everquest sorry. anyways she got me involved and now we are both playing. huzzah to the pirate!!!!!

great post Sven. i like that you made it a family affair. truth be told my cousin started and i thought nothing of it. hearing terrible stories about Neverquest. :p ops Everquest sorry. anyways she got me involved and now we are both playing. huzzah to the pirate!!!!!

Do you both play on the same account or are you able to run into each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back