How long do you loot before you give up?

Fred Anderson

Forum Mod
My first legendary that I got I was about to quit looting, I was about to give up. before I was like maybe a couple more rounds and then I got it. I guess my question is how do you determine your "will of looting" by hour or by rounds and by how many?

Last edited:
My first legendary that I got I was about to quit looting, I was about to give up. before I was like maybe a couple more rounds and then I got it. I guess my question is how do you determine your "will of looting" by hour or by rounds and by how many?
As long as it takes for me to reach the realization that I need to get my Lone Star Classified set in Division, at which point I start playing Borderlands 2.

If ye don’t allow loot to CONTROL yer piratin’ ways, ye don’t have a “need” to give up. *Problem solved!
:flag1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends. Here's the general formula for how long I loot:

(my mood rated 1 to 10) + (how much patience I feel) * (the percentage of my motivation being fueled by the quality of yesterday's loot) - (the number of hours I just spent working)

In conclusion, after 10 years of grueling experiments and precise calculations... I've spent too much time on this game. :oops:

Varies widely, anywhere from a couple minutes to 4 hours depending on mood and available time and other people. Typical time for serious looting is 1 to 2 hours.

It depends on who I am looting and what I am looting for also depends on my mood for said day.. I personally have rarely seen any legendary other than el patron or silver freeze.. taking that into effect I loot maybe 3 hours.

I used to frequent looting from anywhere from five to eight hours a day. However, I've been so bloody exhausted from school nowadays that 1-2 is typically my limit before I'm falling asleep at my desk.

I loot as consistently as possible in my free time until I get the item I want.

Roughly 4 hours a day ( I do other stuff as well since looting can be low impact with large groups )

On my off days I like to lie to myself and say that "today is gonna be the day I get that item" and loot for 10 hours straight and be sad when I don't have it at the end of the day lol

i loot alot. i have 4 different pirates. on 2 ive got both silver and el patron. on the other 2 one being my original pirate ive found none and thats with hours and hours of standing there killing Darkheart.

Back