Question How much dedicated RAM do I need for my Minecraft server?

Here's the table from the "server requirements" page on the Minecraft wiki. These are the recommended values for vanilla. I've never had an issue with needing more than 4GB allocated RAM, and that was with Bukkit and 10 or so plugins of my own creation, but I run small servers (no more than 6 players on at a time). Small vanilla server with your friends, 2GB should be fine. Note this is allocated memory, not total memory. This is memory dedicated to just the server - you'll need more memory for your operating system.

OzCtwfC.png

Their HDD/SSD requirements are a little out of whack though. For one, an SSD isn't really necessary. For two, I've had 5-player worlds reach 2 gigs in size, so 200MB is a dangerous game.

Here's the table from the "server requirements" page on the Minecraft wiki. These are the recommended values for vanilla. I've never had an issue with needing more than 4GB allocated RAM, and that was with Bukkit and 10 or so plugins of my own creation, but I run small servers (no more than 6 players on at a time). Small vanilla server with your friends, 2GB should be fine. Note this is allocated memory, not total memory. This is memory dedicated to just the server - you'll need more memory for your operating system.

OzCtwfC.png

Their HDD/SSD requirements are a little out of whack though. For one, an SSD isn't really necessary. For two, I've had 5-player worlds reach 2 gigs in size, so 200MB is a dangerous game.

Thank you, this answers my question.

I'm still sorry.

Back