How My Reponse To The Update Fiasco Was Handled By Disney

I'm just curious to see how many of us have been denied a response to the Blog Update about all the issues this past week.

I wrote this and tried to submit it to Pirates as a response to the Blog about the updates:

Charlotte Heartcastle:
Next time, as a mother AND a player, I would much rather have an outage for a few days while you fix your errors, than see my seven year old daughter cry because of the money she spent on clothes, only to lose the money AND the clothes. Not all was reset properly. She now has no gold, no clothing to show for it, and is beside herself trying to earn it all over again. Not to mention that she maxed her fishing, and now has to redo that, as well. Shame on Disney for thinking that trying to fix the site properly can be done while trying to keep the site up and running. If your computer fails, does the repairman say, "Well you can keep using it while I repair it, but if I can't repair it while you're using it, I'll need to reset it back to the original settings"? No, you shut the computer down, send it for repairs, and when the repairs are complete and done correctly, THEN you get it back. I am saddened by Disney's concerns more for monetary gain, than real fixes to errors created. I'm sure that your financial department didn't have any problems processing NEW accounts or renewals this week, and had the site had been closed, that may have given consumers cause for concern and they might have not purchased a new account or renewed until the site was operating properly. I, along with many others I have spoken to, would have gladly accepted an explanation of all that was going on, and simply not played during the repairs, than continue to play sporadically, make progress, only to lose that progress and items that we may never be able to gain again (yes I looted legendary daggers over the weekend and they are now gone). While an extra week added to our paid account is appreciated, it is merely token. I would think that each account that was active at the time of the crash would be better served by giving them a gift to redeem by code, something to offset all the experience, money, and notoriety lost. A new sword or outfit, SOMETHING to say, "We really messed this up and we're sorry". I hope that by this experience Disney's POTCO can learn from their mistakes. Unfortunately, I fear it will all fall on deaf ears. Sincerely, Rita Broderick, Outside Phoenix, AZ

HOWEVER, when I submitted it, THIS was the response I got:

The Crew @ Pirates Online:
Your comment was marked as spam and will not be displayed.

Nice, huh?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always send in feedback, and I am always sent a reply. Might be a generic replay, but a reply none the less. This time I received the generic 'no files attached' response. I really do not know what is going on with the staff at POTCO. :(

It's seems to long. They check for length and content, etc. And yours was most likely to long and was checked as spam. If you had sent it in as "Contact us" It would have been different.

I am doing a test. Since they did not add my comment to their urgent update post on the main sight, I used my Dads pirate to praise them and see if that gets added. This is what I wrote. ...
"Jim Wildparr-
Thank you for handling this situation quick. Its great to be back on the game. "

I reported a bug when it happened on Friday night. My browser shut down with 'internet cannot display ...' . I thought my bug report didn't get through, but actually it did. I reported ppl logging on as lvl 0, couldn't switch weapons, didn't have any inventory or friends' list, etc. I was reporting it on the behalf of other friends. My connection was fine then, but of course, later on I got kicked out as well.

Anyways, I received a generic reply on the same evening, but it was still good to know that my report went through.

Greetings Pirate,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Display Issue. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are currently aware of this issue and are working on a permanent resolution. At this time, the issue will correct it self after a good amount of time. Please try logging onto your account in a hour or two and look at your stats. If the issue is still happen, please log off and wait a bit longer.

Thank you again for contacting us and we hope you have a fantastic voyage on the high sea's!

Don
Technical Support Representative

Yeah as basil said you might have to send that under "contact us" because it is long and deals with an issue that is between you and Disney for the most part as seen by the way you begun the blog. Also i don't think they are showing anyones comments under "urgent update". They read the comments and then decide what to show and what not mostly based how bias and accurate the info is. Most comments shown there also on Disney's benefit so it they do make some mistakes there but allowing anyones messages would have a negative impact to those who are checking game for first time.

I amended my originall email and sent it to them today so it reads like the original, only with this added:

REALLY, DISNEY???????
And please don't send me back a response in "Pirate Speak". I'd like to have a real answer, to a real problem that many of us have experienced over the last week. I don't want some "dumbed down" answer in pseudo-pirate language, because that's the theme of the game. Read my letter. My kids are hurt. I'm hurt by your inattention and need to continue on supporting a site that was CLEARLY not supportable at the time. Please tell me you're going to do something other than give me an extra week. That does nothing for my children, nor does it give me the three hours of my life back that I spent trying to find a Legendary weapon, which I received, only to have it taken away because you had to reset because you wouldn't shut the site down to repair it properly. Tell me what you CAN do for a change, not what you CAN'T.

Sincerely,
Rita Broderick

It all seems pretty biased toward Disney at this point. Someone told me it was a "BIG DECISION" for Disney to reset. Not really, if you think about it. It's much easier to reset and get the game working, but having to discard the info that had been generated since the original crash, and simply issue an "apology" and a token membership in exchange, then it is to have to shut down for several days, and not reap the financial benefits of being able to continue to charge patrons for new memberships and renewals. I agree that if the Disney family was still in control of the company, it would be a completely different story... And I don't want to have to flipping work all over again for it, and not get the same loot! If they could GUARANTEE that I could get the same loot drops as before, and if they would restore my Notoriety, then all would be well. Instead it's a "We're sorry, we dropped the ball, and now you may never get back loot that you worked hard for, but we're gonna give you more time to play so you can, in theory, double the work you had to originally do, with no promise of receiving the same rewards." Yeah, I'm a little torqued.

If you curse them out they send you this,

As a family-friendly Company, we prefer you refrain from using profanity when corresponding with us. As per our Member Agreement, abusive activity such as this may be grounds for termination of your Account. Please be aware that inquiries containing profanity will not be addressed.

I bet they didn't even read my message. I sware Disney is just a money hungry corporation that doesn't care for what we have to say.

As a family-friendly Company, we prefer you refrain from using profanity when corresponding with us. As per our Member Agreement, abusive activity such as this may be grounds for termination of your Account. Please be aware that inquiries containing profanity will not be addressed.

I bet they didn't even read my message. I sware Disney is just a money hungry corporation that doesn't care for what we have to say.

I didn't swear at them, just expressed my frustrations. At least, I don't think I did, did I?

The message is what they sent to me cause I cursed them out and I play to continue doing so until I get my famed back.

I sent them a very nice email asking them for my wepons back this is what I got back. A robot sent this.

Dear Francis,
Thank you for your concern with this issue. We apologize for the technical issues that have resulted in any loss of your Pirate’s progress since Monday, February 7, 2011 6AM (PST) and for the frustration this has caused you. In order to correct faulty data from that same time period, it was necessary for this roll back to happen in order for us to move forward with these issues corrected.

It is now safe to set sail in game again without worry of this happening again to your Pirate’s progress.

Pirates Online will be compensating all paid players with a full 7-day extension on their accounts.

For more information and updates, you can visit the latest post to the Current News and GM Cayman Trench’s responses there:

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/news_blog/entry/pirates_online_urgent_update

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these issues have caused, and we thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you,

David

This is what I sent back.

I understand that but I want the sward back that was lost I am basic and I got the sward with lots of hard work then you guys took it away If it is not returned you will make me very sad I worked so hard dude the least you guys can do is return all legandarys please sir.

Francis Gunshot

All the makers of this game care about is the money they don't help If they make a mistake with there softwere I shure hope they send something back.EDIT (Feb 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM):
if they can't take me being nice than I might joyen WILL
EDIT (Feb 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM):
Will sorry caps
EDIT (Feb 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM):
I mean I am on his side but they might here the mean stuff if they wont lison so the nice people If they evan read the email I will be mad If i get the same responce as in the last email lol
EDIT (Feb 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM):
I'm just curious to see how many of us have been denied a response to the Blog Update about all the issues this past week.

I wrote this and tried to submit it to Pirates as a response to the Blog about the updates:

Charlotte Heartcastle:
Next time, as a mother AND a player, I would much rather have an outage for a few days while you fix your errors, than see my seven year old daughter cry because of the money she spent on clothes, only to lose the money AND the clothes. Not all was reset properly. She now has no gold, no clothing to show for it, and is beside herself trying to earn it all over again. Not to mention that she maxed her fishing, and now has to redo that, as well. Shame on Disney for thinking that trying to fix the site properly can be done while trying to keep the site up and running. If your computer fails, does the repairman say, "Well you can keep using it while I repair it, but if I can't repair it while you're using it, I'll need to reset it back to the original settings"? No, you shut the computer down, send it for repairs, and when the repairs are complete and done correctly, THEN you get it back. I am saddened by Disney's concerns more for monetary gain, than real fixes to errors created. I'm sure that your financial department didn't have any problems processing NEW accounts or renewals this week, and had the site had been closed, that may have given consumers cause for concern and they might have not purchased a new account or renewed until the site was operating properly. I, along with many others I have spoken to, would have gladly accepted an explanation of all that was going on, and simply not played during the repairs, than continue to play sporadically, make progress, only to lose that progress and items that we may never be able to gain again (yes I looted legendary daggers over the weekend and they are now gone). While an extra week added to our paid account is appreciated, it is merely token. I would think that each account that was active at the time of the crash would be better served by giving them a gift to redeem by code, something to offset all the experience, money, and notoriety lost. A new sword or outfit, SOMETHING to say, "We really messed this up and we're sorry". I hope that by this experience Disney's POTCO can learn from their mistakes. Unfortunately, I fear it will all fall on deaf ears. Sincerely, Rita Broderick, Outside Phoenix, AZ

HOWEVER, when I submitted it, THIS was the response I got:

The Crew @ Pirates Online:
Your comment was marked as spam and will not be displayed.

Nice, huh?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for emailing them and I am so sorry htye turnd it down they are doing that to everyine
EDIT (Feb 14, 2011 at 10:52 PM):

Post your origanal message I am curious what you did say If you can't then no problem lol

They obiously arn't a bill of rights following corparation beocuse where is are freedom of speach I mean they block all of the comments they don't like and let all the ones they do like it lol here is an example.

If I were so say something sencible like Charlotte posted htye would make it spam.
If I were to say something like Way to go Disney you are the gratest htey would acssept and If I got lucky say aye that we are Francis or something like that lol. I want to see one real comment get through

ADMIN GM CAYMEN TRENCH

admin_logo.gif

In Regards to Recovering Individual Items:
Items such as Weapons, Clothing, Tattoos or Jewelry purchased or looted between February 7, 2011 to February 12, 2011 have been lost. All items will need to be plundered again. The rate of loot drops currently remains unchanged. Any gold spent during this timeframe has also been reset to the balance your Pirate had as of February 7, 2011, 6 AM (PST). Under this unique circumstance however, items cannot and will not be replaced unfortunately.
Please continue checking the Current News in the coming weeks for announcements regarding additional "make goods". Once again, we do sincerely apologize for this unfortunate situation. We remain loyal to helping Pirates during this time.

The ____________is mine.

******************************************************************************************

It sounds to me like they have plans to compensate us more than just the 7 days. Isn't that what they are saying? Additional "make goods" in coming weeks means, well, we will just have to wait and see. But, I don't think you will be getting back your individual items lost!

Maybe if people just send in their ideas of what they think fair compensation would be the crew of Disney will listen to fair and reasonable requests. Forget the individual items you lost...they are gone. Just my thoughts.

I told them that a code for special items for those who lost their weapons and such would be an easy remedy and appease many, I'm sure. A code to redeem for gold, one for a special weapon, and one for a special shirt of some sort, because I don't want to have to do the stupid Valentine's quest again! I've done it TWICE now! As for the "rate" of loot drops, they've always been random! You can work for weeks at a time to get a specific weapon on one pirate, and switch to another, and it be in the first thing you get! There needs to be more responsibility held by those who are providing game "support"..

Pirates complaining about having to repeat things..... How many of us have mastered a pirate and made another? Mastered that one and made another?? You are repeating it over and over. Yet Potco bugs out a few days and the whole world comes crashing down. I'M SO CONFUSED!!

Its manly for me they keep disipointing me a few moths ago I had my fav sward the bloodfire brodsward one day I got on and it was gone Iemailed disney and they said oh we are sorry we had a glitch with the compuder we will not be able to reture your items this has happend a few times to me all I get back it a compuder responce this was the last straw they took away my EL patron's lost sward my all time fav and my only legandary sward so for me it is just a matter of they keep doing this if this was the first time I would look over it. Any ways I hope all you guys get your wepons back.

Back