How My Reponse To The Update Fiasco Was Handled By Disney

I understand that you lost a blunderbuss I lost alot more than that and I am alot more mellow than at first lol fi yuo remember I wont get into that lol. Anyways they should at least tell us before they do something or at least tell us that they don't know what is wrong. Do you see anything wrong with that?

Well, it depends on the severity of the bug or problem.

True I just want to know what is going on they could tell us that they are working to fix it or that it is bad or easy it looks like bad from here lol

I understand what you're saying, but maybe the problem was caused by a player and we don't know about it and Disney doesn't want anyone to copycat the act. It could be anything, and Disney is attempting to fix it, and since all we do is play the game, I don't see how we should be overly inquinsitive on this matter. All we do is sit back and wait for them to overcome this problem.

I understand what you're saying, but maybe the problem was caused by a player and we don't know about it and Disney doesn't want anyone to copycat the act. It could be anything, and Disney is attempting to fix it, and since all we do is play the game, I don't see how we should be overly inquinsitive on this matter. All we do is sit back and wait for them to overcome this problem.
Yah I understand but they couls at least say a player did this or for safty reasons we canot relice what happend they haven't said a word nothing!!

Yah I understand but they couls at least say a player did this or for safty reasons we canot relice what happend they haven't said a word nothing!!

Well if it was released to the outside world that a player did this, then more and more would start finding ways to bug the game up to the moon. Soon, the players might even start putting things of their own inside the game.

Well if it was released to the outside world that a player did this, then more and more would start finding ways to bug the game up to the moon. Soon, the players might even start putting things of their own inside the game.
Then they could use my second reponce or at least say something its like they are hideing there problems from us which they should not be doing besids they all ready told us it had nothing to do with hackers.

Then they could use my second reponce or at least say something its like they are hideing there problems from us which they should not be doing besids they all ready told us it had nothing to do with hackers.
Then they could use my second RESPONSE or at least say something its like they are HIDING THEIR problems from us which they should not be doing besides they ALREADY told us it had nothing to do with hackers.

Then they could use my second RESPONSE or at least say something its like they are HIDING THEIR problems from us which they should not be doing besides they ALREADY told us it had nothing to do with hackers.
lol really ok lol you make me lol sorry I will check my spelling or at least try lol I type way to fast

lol all they have is another week of double gold when i have max gold and blackfire cutlass which is a pretty weak sword if they could do a double gold and double rep why not have better skull chest rate for a week? well anyways im glad disney was thinking about at least giving us something

lol all they have is another week of double gold when i have max gold and blackfire cutlass which is a pretty weak sword if they could do a double gold and double rep why not have better skull chest rate for a week? well anyways im glad disney was thinking about at least giving us something
iagree.gif
that would rock I mean we deserve more lol right.

Lol, Double skull week O_O.... That would be awesome. But double gold is nice too....

FINALLY! I received a response that wasn't auto generated:

Dear Rita,

Thank you for your recent message. I apologize if the response you received did not completely explain the situation at hand.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the issue in the game which we have fixed, it is impossible to receive back any of the progress lost prior to Feb. 7th for any of the members of the community. However, the game is back up and running and we are doing everything we can to ensure this technical error does not occur again.

Rollbacks and service interruptions are things we have little tolerance for on our LIVE servers. We test as much as we can to provide the best show possible but on occasion a storm of great magnitude can strike. Some of the hardest decisions need to be made during trying times.

Our systems were once again troubled on February 16, 2011 and once again we had to make tough choices. Resetting progress was necessary. We believe to have a handle on the situation and will continue to monitoring gameplay and data that comes in as thousands of Pirates log in by the hour.

For Unlimited Access Members, whether it is a recurring subscription, gift subscription or Game Card, we will be extending your access. An additional 14 days of time has already been added to your account. We understand this does not compensate the time you've spent customizing and looting.

Additionally, Basic and Unlimited Members, should redeem the code: golden

Consider this a small disbursement prior to our upcoming Double Gold Weekend which will coincide with our Mardi Gras celebration:

Double Gold Weekend
March 12 and 13, 2011

We hope with this early holiday announcement Pirates can find the time to replenish their gold coffers back to their rightful amounts in a fraction of the time.

In the meantime, all Pirates (both Basic and Unlimited), can redeem the following code: darkcutlass

Again, we extremely sorry for the inconvenience and frustrations which have occurred during this time. We appreciate your understanding and patience while we have been working on resolving this unforeseen issue and, we hope too see you again in the Caribbean soon.

Thank you,

Amanda
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services

SO... While I'm not THRILLED with this, at least they are acknowledging the problem was WAY beyond their control, and hopefully they will try to OVER compensate in the upcoming weeks. In the mean time, if you haven't already, use the code "golden" for 500 gold and "darkcutlass" for a (hopefully) decent cutlass. Don't forget to give EVERYONE you know the codes so we can give back to as many people as possible. ~ Rita aka Charlotte Heartcastle :)

Back