Tip How not to get bored on POTCO

Bart Blueginty

Wanted Pirate
I've been doing this myself and think it's a great tip to do quests so you don't feel bored for too long - well not until all quests have been completed and you're level 50

1. Concentrate on Black Pearl Quest only so that you get this quest out the way first
2. Do the Teleportation quests once Black Pearl quest has been completed
3. Once Black Pearl and Teleportation quests have been completed go to Tortuga
4. Check every tavern, shop and NPC for quests
5. Complete these quests
6. Go to Port Royal
7. Repeat Steps 4 and 5
8. Go to Padres Del Fuego
9. Repeat Steps 4 and 5
10. Do Ravens Cove Quest
11. Concentrate on Ravens Cove Quest
12. Check other islands out for any quests
13. if any quests are there, then complete steps 4 and 5 again
14. The taverns have quests on a daily basis - they're called work for hire
15. Complete these quests
16. If no quests are available then loot at General Darkhart, South Idol el patrons mines, Cave of lost souls, Isla Tormenta, Cut throat Island or anywhere where you see a boss.
17. Once you feel bored, start again on a new pirate

This should help to avoid boredom within the game.

I've been doing this myself and think it's a great tip to do quests so you don't feel bored for too long - well not until all quests have been completed and you're level 50

1. Concentrate on Black Pearl Quest only so that you get this quest out the way first
2. Do the Teleportation quests once Black Pearl quest has been completed
3. Once Black Pearl and Teleportation quests have been completed go to Tortuga
4. Check every tavern, shop and NPC for quests
5. Complete these quests
6. Go to Port Royal
7. Repeat Steps 4 and 5
8. Go to Padres Del Fuego
9. Repeat Steps 4 and 5
10. Do Ravens Cove Quest
11. Concentrate on Ravens Cove Quest
12. Check other islands out for any quests
13. if any quests are there, then complete steps 4 and 5 again
14. The taverns have quests on a daily basis - they're called work for hire
15. Complete these quests
16. If no quests are available then loot at General Darkhart, South Idol el patrons mines, Cave of lost souls, Isla Tormenta, Cut throat Island or anywhere where you see a boss.
17. Once you feel bored, start again on a new pirate

This should help to avoid boredom within the game.

Personally i would get bored doing ALL those steps :p
But, great advice, I should try it sometime on a new pirate if im not too lazy to even start one :oops:
Nice guide.. but I am way to lazy to do the black pearl..

You are lazy to do the black pearl but not lazy to do all the other 50+ quests in the game? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
We could just send Disney an insane amount of e-mails asking them how we can't be bored on a game they are making money on, yet refuse to update :excited: that would keep me from being bored lol.

I love to loot. I can be entertained by doing with friends at a boss or by lapping tormenta. I have tried to spend time at the South Idol and standing there blundering ghosts it the definition of boring to me. But then, that is why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream, to each his own. I must say that despite all the complaints about the lack of updates, I took 3 years off the game and when I returned the game was very different. New quests, weapons, ship upgrades, islands and enemies. It was amazing. I think that we have to realize that to expect there to be radical new updates monthly is unrealistic. It does not mean that Disney is not investing in the game. I do enjoy the game very much and yes I wish that there was always something new to do. But I also understand that I am setting up an expectation that is unlikely to be met by any game.

For example, my son recently discovered a new game called Star Wars The Old Republic. It seems to have a dynamic environment and it recently did a new game modification. And yet, the wiki page for it too has all the same complaints as POTCO. Nothing new, don't listen, etc.

The really ironic thing I have seen is that there is this big complaint of the lack of new things and environments and yet, I also hear and see many older players thinking back and wishing the game was the way it was "in the beginning". I hear the "remember when" phrase all the time.

I hope that everyone finds something new and fun to do, even if that means meeting new friends and playing in the existing game environment.

For example, my son recently discovered a new game called Star Wars The Old Republic. It seems to have a dynamic environment and it recently did a new game modification. And yet, the wiki page for it too has all the same complaints as POTCO. Nothing new, don't listen, etc.
I've been playing SWTOR a lot recently as well, and I can say there are a lot of updates. The SWTOR wikia isn't really kept up, check here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news.

Once you get close to max there are no quests left. :mad: Setting personal goals using the leaderboards can be entertaining. (I know the mouse has bad math but...) Initially I was in the top 100 in my guild for ships sunk. Set a goal for top 75, then 50, 20, top 10 and now working on top 5. It is satisfying to see overall rank improve even though you get no rep for sinking ships when maxed.

Use the leaderboards to challenge yourself. http://piratesonline.go.com/#/community/leaderboard.html

It's such a pain to do the quests for Teague on a daily basis. He makes you haul all the way to Murky Hallow for Undead Witchdoctors. Plus his pay is the worst. I'd rather repair ships for gold then do his quests.

Some days it is nice to just support other Pirates on their quests or spend the evening chatting with friends.

I could kind of see this way to repetitive. Maybe its just me, I have beat the main quests but I don't want to do these daily quests over and over. I really wish there would be new content. Even a new level cap that's harder to reach and a better PVP system so people have a reason to get high level, and something to do when they reach it.

Back