how to do hurricane glitch

does anyone know how to do the hurricane slash glitch?

• yes

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • i don't know

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters
What do you think? Can the gain in advantage from this thread's topic be comparable to jumping high with one's pirate?

Therein, lies the answer...

When you put it like that, obviously the reload modifications are worse.

Still, Davy said this,

"If it wasn't blatantly obvious before, the forums are against hacking, and they will be moderated as such. There are lots of ways to enjoy life, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose one which ruins everybody else's experience.

If you publicly admit to manipulating the game, you will receive a ban, period. I don't care if you think it's harmless. I don't care if you just think it's fun. I don't care if it's your opinion and you think you have every right to share it with the world."

Than before,

"Since this is harmless, I am fine with letting it stay."

What happened? Why is it bad now, when before, harmless hacking was allowed?

When you put it like that, obviously the reload modifications are worse.

Still, Davy said this,

"If it wasn't blatantly obvious before, the forums are against hacking, and they will be moderated as such. There are lots of ways to enjoy life, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose one which ruins everybody else's experience.

If you publicly admit to manipulating the game, you will receive a ban, period. I don't care if you think it's harmless. I don't care if you just think it's fun. I don't care if it's your opinion and you think you have every right to share it with the world."

Than before,

"Since this is harmless, I am fine with letting it stay."

What happened? Why is it bad now, when before, harmless hacking was allowed?

Swift Foot Glitch, glitches are ok on the forums.

Hurricane Repeat Hack, hacks are not ok on the forums.

A glitch is a mistake in game files, originally made by developers.

A hack is a player modifying game files.

This policy was adopted when hacking became the main topic of the forums and too many problems were coming out of it.

Swift Foot Glitch, glitches are ok on the forums.

Hurricane Repeat Hack, hacks are not ok on the forums.

A glitch is a mistake in game files, originally made by developers.

A hack is a player modifying game files.

This policy was adopted when hacking became the main topic of the forums and too many problems were coming out of it.

The topic I'm referring to, about how to jump high, is a hack. He was modifying the game files = hack. I don't know why you brought up swift foot, when the thread I posted about the jumping hack, is modifying the games files. Unless, you though I was referring to the swift foot glitch somehow. I wasn't.

He was modifying the jumping part of the game files. Which like you said is a hack. The Hurricane thing is also a hack, because you would have to modify the game files. Except somehow the jumping thing was thought of as okay back then, but now it's seen as wrong.

Explain how the jumping hack wasn't wrong back then; when now it is seen as wrong. Also, why did the stance change?

Both of them are hacks.

The topic I'm referring to, about how to jump high, is a hack. He was modifying the game files = hack. I don't know why you brought up swift foot, when the thread I posted about the jumping hack, is modifying the games files. Unless, you though I was referring to the swift foot glitch somehow. I wasn't.
Oh. :oops: You're right.

I'll let Davy Darkrage explain to you while we changed stances, mostly as I said, it created too many problems.

Explain how the jumping hack wasn't wrong back then; when now it is seen as wrong. Also, why did the stance change?

Both of them are hacks.
I feel like we've had this discussion before.

They are both hacks no doubt. I didn't view it as a big deal back then because hacking wasn't a problem in Pirates. The instructions there weren't simple enough for everyone to follow anyways, and did not enable anyone to perform malicious manipulations to the game. Hacking has since become a pandemic, which is why I changed my mind.

Current hacking methods directly enable anyone to perform malicious manipulations to the game without even an understanding of what it is you're doing. All you have to do anymore is copy and paste. The old thread would only make clear how to jump high, and required much more effort to even do that, people weren't going to be bothered to try it for fun.

All the current hacking problem is, is a low-effort way to get attention. It's widespread because it's simple to do.

In any case, I've locked the old thread so it can't be discussed any further if that makes you any happier.

ITS NOT A GLITCH!!!! its modifying the game files!!!
You know guys, I wouldn't be the least bit worried about this. Sure, it's annoying. Sure, it makes it harder for you to level. It makes it much easier for the user to level. It's unfair in PvP and SvS. Just get over it, though! This should not be something to make a big fuss over. My question is,

So what?

Like, mind your own business, people! This game is mixed with hackers, and people who make a big fuss over nothing. Nothing in between! Shouldn't you be more concerned about the hackers trying to access people's accounts and steal them? THAT is what I am worried about. Not the people just using files to level easier. If they're not harming you in any way, why report them?

It gets very boring after mastering nearly 4 pirates, playing for 6 years. No updates coming out, for over a year now. What else is there to do?

Hacking people's accounts is not cool, and I will agree that hacking is a big epidemic in our nice game today. The hackers are soiling it. I'm just upset that I can no longer feel safe on the game when there are hackers everywhere, ready to steal your account, without even being given your information. Pirates Online is not a safe place for us Old Body Pirates, especially.

If you really want to stay away from hackers, eitheir stay off of Abassa, or stay on the Welcome Server. Anything. Just don't go reporting that guy who's just trying to level up quick, have fun, using a harmless mod, unless he is really harming you in any way. (Ex. Cheating in SvS or Pvp). Try to report that one person who is luring kids in and stealing their pirates, making them cry. Focus more on those horrible people, instead.

You know guys, I wouldn't be the least bit worried about this. Sure, it's annoying. Sure, it makes it harder for you to level. It makes it much easier for the user to level. It's unfair in PvP and SvS. Just get over it, though!

Shouldn't you be more concerned about the hackers trying to access people's accounts and steal them? THAT is what I am worried about.

Do you understand the history of hacking in Pirates? The same program that enables you to have your innocent fun is what allows the hackers to steal accounts. Everyone said it was all fun and games and then people started doing terrible things with it.

If it weren't for people getting caught up in it in the first place, the hacking epidemic wouldn't have started, at least not with the fuel it's had.

To tell you the truth, I don't personally mind if you're keeping to yourself and not bothering anybody. If I were to see you in-game doing something harmless, I wouldn't report you. You're just not allowed to talk about doing it here, plain and simple.. because a) it does offend some people and they are just as entitled to their opinion as you, and usually results in drama which is a waste of time for staff to deal with, and b) it puts the tools to do bad things in more hands.

Do you understand the history of hacking in Pirates? The same program that enables you to have your innocent fun is what allows the hackers to steal accounts.

To be truthful, there has never been an evidence for players being able to hack other players. That is just a myth. The reason people get stolen, is because they give out their info.

If someone were to even be able to do that; the person would probably just sit in Abassa all day, stealing :lol1:. Unless, someone can prove me wrong on the subject; the program has never existed. What's even more funnier, is people believing if you're in contact with a hacker, that he can steal a pirate. Which is a quite silly myth.

That was my understanding as well (see threads on social engineering), but Eric said otherwise and I was going off of what he said. I don't follow the latest hacks so I wasn't sure if someone found a way to do that.

Either way it wasn't something people used to do much before hacking came about. And hacking still has enabled people to do malicious things that actually do ruin the experience of others.

What Sires said is 100% True. Such a thing is a big fat sugar coated myth. If there was ever a time that "hacking a pirate away" ever actually existed (and that I recall Abassa being clear for a while) it would have been a while back when people claimed Ocean's Cult was hacking them, and even to this day I question whether it was hacking or a large spree of them asking everyone. People just say their accounts were hacked so, in my opinion, people feel sorry and don't think they were just plain stupid to give information to someone else.

Tbh I have given my account information out, but only to those I trust very closely and know, my thing is fine give out acct info but only to those you trust so very well, such as people you may see everyday etc.

There is only a few hacks I can think of that actually damage a Pirate's Experience outside of PvP and such.

I learned a long time ago to never say "never." :excited:

Surely ye mates would agree that as time goes on, the incremental (threat) level of hacking directed at POTCO has only increased. Take into consideration the hacking that has affected Toontown and ye will notice that POTCO has slowly evolved towards that same direction. In fact, it is already known that hackers from TT have already entered the territorial waters of the Caribbean. (If ye don't believe me, spend some time on youtube and you can find out for yourself what is happening).

By insisting upon a singular attitude or stance towards POTCO hacking is not wise (in my opinion) as the issue at-hand has become quite fluid and evolving. Anyway, there should be a time (I feel) for the community of POTCO players to stop whining about what is happening and pointing fingers and work together to help protect the game from imploding any further.

Let's be honest with ourselves. Many of us have "friends" or acquaintances today on POTCO whom we know outright hack and destroy other player's gaming experience. Therefore, we have only ourselves to blame for what is developing within the game if we fail to speak up or do something.

Not to rush off-topic but going back to my experiences as a kid, I can remember those times that I used to challenge myself on how well I could keep balance atop the wooden plankboards of a property's fence. Over time, I had grown "accustomed" to looking over both sides of the fence as I continually walk ontop of it to see how well I could retain my own balance. Avast! It did not take me long to realize that at some point, I had to make a choice on which side of the fence I was to jump down towards to reach the ground level. Well, the same thing can be said about the issue of POTCO hacking!
*Fall or jump down to the middle of that POTCO fence...:banana split: ...and soon you'll be feeling the dull pain that goes along with a familiar racking. Oh, and it has yet to be seen if Disney will show up with a cold enough ice pack!!!

I'll tell you one thing, I won't deny the fact that hacking has increased on POTCO, it honestly has sadly. I am a Temporary Administrator on POTCO Fanon Site and an experienced Role-Player and for some reason we hear lots of talk of hacking and even have a few hackers on there and in the Role-Play Community. POTCO hacking increases to this day more and more. There are more codes they are developing that will damage your experience on POTCO.

For me I find most hackers to be of one of the following backgrounds:
  1. Richie The Special - Generally they are rich and are sponsored indirectly by their parents.
  2. Poor Ol' Joe - Generally they are neglected and can be rich depending on the family so they feel to need to ruin others fun.
What makes me sad though is these hackers do not stop at termination #8. There are some Role-Playing Hackers that keep going. One of them is probably on their 12th Account. Hackers can be stopped, but a bigger key to what you are saying Shamus, is to be continuously bashing at them and not hitting and running.

Yes, as I said in my previous post, I am aware of the hacking epidemic. I wasn't trying to start drama, I'm just stating my opinion. I'm not sure if that's illegal or not, but that's my open opinion. And the files used to have the "Innocent Fun" have been taken down, that's why everyone uses cheat engines to do it now. I'm just annoyed at the fact that everyone feels the need to get all worked up over people using the no reload mod. It's not a big deal to me. But again, everyone is allowed to have their own opinions. I do understand that hacking is a huge issue, and it wasn't back in the good old days of the game. All I am saying is that I am more worried about account stealers than no-reload modders. I'm not going to say anything else about the subject, feel free to reply to this message any way you want, but I don't want to cause any drama, so I'm just leaving it at that.

I just wish Disney/DIMG would put into place some anti-hacking software. IMO, all hacking is bad and hurts the game, even if you're not bothering other people with it. You're basically cheating to get your pirate to the max level quicker, or making your pirate jump higher or whatever it may be. It is WRONG. 'Nuff said.

Glitching needs to be dealt with too, but it is much different from hacking. Glitches are caused by faulty game programming. They are like "holes" in the graphics software and the game code. Hacks are done with third party software from outside the game, and are used intentionally by people looking to be mischievous. That's all I'm gonna say, but that's where I stand on the two.

I agree with the comments that in most cases, what people refer to as hacking is really something else. I believe that most stolen accounts are the result of someone taking advantage of the innocence of the kids who play the game. There are lots of very young kids playing and many are overly excited by the simple offer of a legendary weapon. I know several that stupidly gave out their passwords so someone could load a legend on them (I know how stupid is sounds) and ended up losing their pirate. This is but one example but the bottom line is that I think most people that get "hacked" merely gave away their password to someone that they perceived as trustworthy and then paid the price. The either due to embarrassment or something else say that they were hacked. I could go on and on about the recent events with key logged accounts that happens when players interact outside the game but that only happens outside the game. It can not happen within the games so no worries there. I do see more players than I can to admit modifying their game file to do "no reload" or using auto clicking. I hate it and wish they were all banned and that there was some magical way to eliminate it from the game. But the game is just a collection of real life players and there are cheaters and thieves in real life as well. So they will cheat in the game too. I boarded a friend's ship last night and I was disgusted to see them doing rapid fire cannon. I don't know why the social side of the game in building a crew to team up and sink ships is not enough for players. Someone was saying, "I have to get that" to the rest as if there was some skill involved in cheating. To those in this thread that take the view that this does not harm me or others I say to you that you are cheating and you can try to explain your view to Disney when I report you. You have no real idea of how your modifications and third party programs affect the stability of the game platform. And as a result you can not tell me it does not affect me when I play. I teach my son the value of good sportsmanship and honesty in his daily life regardless of how it affects others. It is never too soon to learn ethical behavior.

I agree with the comments that in most cases, what people refer to as hacking is really something else. I believe that most stolen accounts are the result of someone taking advantage of the innocence of the kids who play the game. There are lots of very young kids playing and many are overly excited by the simple offer of a legendary weapon. I know several that stupidly gave out their passwords so someone could load a legend on them (I know how stupid is sounds) and ended up losing their pirate. This is but one example but the bottom line is that I think most people that get "hacked" merely gave away their password to someone that they perceived as trustworthy and then paid the price. The either due to embarrassment or something else say that they were hacked. I could go on and on about the recent events with key logged accounts that happens when players interact outside the game but that only happens outside the game. It can not happen within the games so no worries there. I do see more players than I can to admit modifying their game file to do "no reload" or using auto clicking. I hate it and wish they were all banned and that there was some magical way to eliminate it from the game. But the game is just a collection of real life players and there are cheaters and thieves in real life as well. So they will cheat in the game too. I boarded a friend's ship last night and I was disgusted to see them doing rapid fire cannon. I don't know why the social side of the game in building a crew to team up and sink ships is not enough for players. Someone was saying, "I have to get that" to the rest as if there was some skill involved in cheating. To those in this thread that take the view that this does not harm me or others I say to you that you are cheating and you can try to explain your view to Disney when I report you. You have no real idea of how your modifications and third party programs affect the stability of the game platform. And as a result you can not tell me it does not affect me when I play. I teach my son the value of good sportsmanship and honesty in his daily life regardless of how it affects others. It is never too soon to learn ethical behavior.

Honestly I could go on myself as where Disney is at fault, how players are hacked, programs being used to cheat, keylogging, etc. if I had the time. That is basically what happens these days.

I boarded a friend's ship last night and I was disgusted to see them doing rapid fire cannon. I don't know why the social side of the game in building a crew to team up and sink ships is not enough for players. Someone was saying, "I have to get that" to the rest as if there was some skill involved in cheating. To those in this thread that take the view that this does not harm me or others I say to you that you are cheating and you can try to explain your view to Disney when I report you. You have no real idea of how your modifications and third party programs affect the stability of the game platform. And as a result you can not tell me it does not affect me when I play. I teach my son the value of good sportsmanship and honesty in his daily life regardless of how it affects others. It is never too soon to learn ethical behavior.
I'm with ya on this. Also, as I see it there are 2 theories of thought upheld by POTCO players in consideration to the hacking or account stealing:
  1. Those whom feel that POTCO hacking/stealing is "wrong" and seek to play the game as intended by DIMG developers
  2. Those whom feel that POTCO hacking/stealing is "good" and justify it as pay-back for Disney not providing a good enough game, are bored, or seek fame from such activity
Now, I could keep rambling on and on :rolleyes: about how I feel that hacking is bad but...you know what, I am tired of talking. Instead, I would like to share this video which helps me to understand (visually) the difference as to what has happened to POTCO.

(Note: Tommy's 'sale or pet' represents POTCO to me while Tommy's 'actions' represents the end-result of POTCO hacking to the welfare and continuity of the game).

Back