Guide  How To Embed a Link Into Text

Ever wondered how people make it so you can click some text and it will go to a web page? Or when people say Click Here to go to <insert page here> and you are able to click the Here? This guide will show you how!

Step 1: Get the link
Say for example, you want someone to visit a specific thread in the forums. Go to that thread, and copy the URL on the address bar at the top of your screen. I will be using Your Famed & Legendary.
(Everyone's address bar will look different, depending on your browser. In this I'm using Firefox)
embed1.png

Step 2: Type your Message
Now, type your message where you want the link to be embedded. For example:
embed2.png

Step 3: Highlight

Now, you will want to HIGHLIGHT the text you want the link to be embedded on. In this, I am going to highlight the word 'here'. Just click and drag over the word to highlight.
embed3.png

Step 4: Embed!
Now, the main part of this guide. Click the button that looks like a paperclip.
embed4.png

Then, paste your link into the box that comes up. Right click and choose paste, or CTRL + V. Hit Insert.
embed5.png

Now your text will have a brownish color instead of the default black. That is the link embedded into the word. Hit Post Reply and people will be able to click on the word and view whatever you linked!
embed6.png

Step 5: Thank John Foulroberts for posting this thread.

Remember, even though the link is embedded, the link MUST follow all forum rules.

Click here to be awesome.

"Thanks" John :D . I had always wondered about this but, never took the time to figure out how.

Back