Guide How to farm Palifico and Koleniko simultaneously and quickly

Beggar

Pirate Master
This guide will explain how to optimally loot both the Koleniko and Palifico bosses in Forsaken Shallows in the quickest and most effective manner possible. This strategy is the fastest method for acquiring both the Legendary Cursed Blades Krakenslayer and Lost Blade of Leviathan.

Requirements:
1. A quiet server bereft of disruptions
2. A minimum of five co-operative, high level (40+) players
3. One player possessing a Voodoo Doll with the Evil Eye ability who has unlocked the voodoo skill Curse.
4. One player willing to actively move between the spawn points of Koleniko and Palifico - ideally, this player should be willing to forgo loot drops from Koleniko (more on that later). This player will function as the Palifico gatherer.
5. Several players possessing high-attack weapons that deal damage within an Area of Effect (blunderbusses, broadswords, grenades)

Suggestions:
1. Bring as many players as possible to deal damage to Koleniko and Palifico. The faster the players kill them, the more loot they will receive.
2. Have a player with the voodoo staff ability Dark Aura present to give surrounding pirates a damage boost
3. Use an alternate account for luring Palifico (again, we'll get to that later) so all participating players get all of the loot on their main accounts
4. The players using voodoo doll and luring Palifico can be the same person - though it is critical that they be at Koleniko's elevation whenever he dies. Doing this requires very precise timing and is not recommended.
5. Use grenades in favor of broadswords and guns for optimal damage.

Steps
1. Position all participating players at Koleniko's spawn point - and start killing him
Koleniko Spawns here in the Forsaken Shallows cave on Isla Tormenta:
Koleniko location.png

Make sure no other players are currently looting Palifico or Koleniko when starting. Not only is it rude to intrude, but their activities will interfere with the strategy.
2. Send your gatherer to lure Palifico to Koleniko's spawn point.
The player with the role of gatherer must constantly run to Palifico's spawn point, aggravate him, and lure him to the players attacking Koleniko. Koleniko is very quick to disengage and return to his spawn point if the gatherer runs too far away from him, so it is important to make a minimum of two stops to allow the boss to catch up on the way down to Koleniko. I recommend these spots for stopping:
palifico pathing.png

Notes:

• Other participating players must not intercept Palifico by attacking him as he makes his way down to Koleniko by attacking him before he is within the Area of Effect of the the players already attacking Koleniko.
  • Ideally, the player gathing Palifico should never attack Koleniko unless he is able to ensure that he is always at Koleniko's elevation when Koleniko dies. This is due to a bug which causes skull chests to spawn at the elevation of one of the players attacking him - meaning that if this player is at a higher elevation, the skull chest dropped by Koleniko will hover above the other players and be inaccessible. For this reason, it may be best to use an alternate account to gather Palifico.
  • It is possible to attack Palifico without ascending to his elevation, though doing this is inconsitently effective and sometimes leads to annoying disengagements. However, if a player is able to lure Palifico from Koleniko's elevation consistently without disengagements, it is recomended.
3. Have your voodoo user attune both bosses using Evil Eye, and then use the Curse ability.
The Evil Eye ability is useful for this step because it is able to attune several targets simultaneously and at a distance. The players will likely be clumped up around Koleniko's spawn point, so attuning the bosses one by one is difficult. With both bosses under the effect of Curse, they will die very quickly.
  • Other damage augmenting abilities like Dark Aura or Red Fury are also useful to ensure as much damage is done to the bosses as possible. Mimimizing the Time-To-Kill for enemies is the best way to get the most loot.
  • If your voodoo user is the same person as your Palifico gatherer, they must not attune Koleniko unless they can guarantee that they will be at his elevation when he dies.
4. Enjoy your loot!
Repeating this process over and over will award all players present a staggering amount of skull chests from both bosses, whereas more conventional methods of stationary looting would only award skulls from one of them. While this is the fastest strategy for looting these bosses, it may still take dozens if not hundreds of hours for a looter to guarantee a Krakenslayer or Lost Blade of Leviathan pull. As ever, patience is key.

Attachments

• palifico pathing.png
    palifico pathing.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
That's all fine and dandy, however you left out the part about anyone else who was working pali or twins like a normal pirate can go get lost because a crew decided to take over that part of the map. Happened every time.
I said it in game and I'll say it here, I find that very rude to just grab a another areas boss and drag it to your special group. There were people up there when your group argo'd pali from below. The ai will easily leave an active area when someone does that. Since I've seen that quite a lot now, I believe the bosses have a glitch were they are pulled away more than normal.
Last night I had already committed some play time beyond any beta testing to grind pali and had no choice but get in the middle of the group.
For a few.
The reason to go to a busy ocean is to at least have a few people to join with working a boss. 27 + people surrounding the twins and dragging pali down there every time is not my idea of gaming. That group was there for hours. I've also always wondered if the sleeping afk'rs standing in the middle of the crowd cause some sort of server lag as well.

Yes, the standard stock answer is to go away to another ocean or area. That's not beneficial if your goal was to hook up with a few people to work together for a common cause.

And no, watching a slide show isn't my idea of gaming either. There were most likely alts and auto clicking going as I saw a few not moving at all just repeating their movements perfectly. Were not really seeing most player animations as it is, but a active player changes angles even if by accident.

Anyways, there's no way of fighting master looters and I don't intend to. I just wanted to voice an opinion for the record.
Regardless how annoying and misguided and selfish that it will be perceived.

This guide will explain how to optimally loot both the Koleniko and Palifico bosses in Forsaken Shallows in the quickest and most effective manner possible. This strategy is the fastest method for acquiring both the Legendary Cursed Blades Krakenslayer and Lost Blade of Leviathan.

Requirements:
1. A quiet server bereft of disruptions
2. A minimum of five co-operative, high level (40+) players
3. One player possessing a Voodoo Doll with the Evil Eye ability who has unlocked the voodoo skill Curse.
4. One player willing to actively move between the spawn points of Koleniko and Palifico - ideally, this player should be willing to forgo loot drops from Koleniko (more on that later). This player will function as the Palifico gatherer.
5. Several players possessing high-attack weapons that deal damage within an Area of Effect (blunderbusses, broadswords, grenades)

Suggestions:
1. Bring as many players as possible to deal damage to Koleniko and Palifico. The faster the players kill them, the more loot they will receive.
2. Have a player with the voodoo staff ability Dark Aura present to give surrounding pirates a damage boost
3. Use an alternate account for luring Palifico (again, we'll get to that later) so all participating players get all of the loot on their main accounts
4. The players using voodoo doll and luring Palifico can be the same person - though it is critical that they be at Koleniko's elevation whenever he dies. Doing this requires very precise timing and is not recommended.
5. Use grenades in favor of broadswords and guns for optimal damage.

Steps
1. Position all participating players at Koleniko's spawn point - and start killing him
Koleniko Spawns here in the Forsaken Shallows cave on Isla Tormenta:
View attachment 106106
Make sure no other players are currently looting Palifico or Koleniko when starting. Not only is it rude to intrude, but their activities will interfere with the strategy.
2. Send your gatherer to lure Palifico to Koleniko's spawn point.
The player with the role of gatherer must constantly run to Palifico's spawn point, aggravate him, and lure him to the players attacking Koleniko. Koleniko is very quick to disengage and return to his spawn point if the gatherer runs too far away from him, so it is important to make a minimum of two stops to allow the boss to catch up on the way down to Koleniko. I recommend these spots for stopping:
View attachment 106113
Notes:

• Other participating players must not intercept Palifico by attacking him as he makes his way down to Koleniko by attacking him before he is within the Area of Effect of the the players already attacking Koleniko.
  • Ideally, the player gathing Palifico should never attack Koleniko unless he is able to ensure that he is always at Koleniko's elevation when Koleniko dies. This is due to a bug which causes skull chests to spawn at the elevation of one of the players attacking him - meaning that if this player is at a higher elevation, the skull chest dropped by Koleniko will hover above the other players and be inaccessible. For this reason, it may be best to use an alternate account to gather Palifico.
  • It is possible to attack Palifico without ascending to his elevation, though doing this is inconsitently effective and sometimes leads to annoying disengagements. However, if a player is able to lure Palifico from Koleniko's elevation consistently without disengagements, it is recomended.
3. Have your voodoo user attune both bosses using Evil Eye, and then use the Curse ability.
The Evil Eye ability is useful for this step because it is able to attune several targets simultaneously and at a distance. The players will likely be clumped up around Koleniko's spawn point, so attuning the bosses one by one is difficult. With both bosses under the effect of Curse, they will die very quickly.
  • Other damage augmenting abilities like Dark Aura or Red Fury are also useful to ensure as much damage is done to the bosses as possible. Mimimizing the Time-To-Kill for enemies is the best way to get the most loot.
  • If your voodoo user is the same person as your Palifico gatherer, they must not attune Koleniko unless they can guarantee that they will be at his elevation when he dies.
4. Enjoy your loot!
Repeating this process over and over will award all players present a staggering amount of skull chests from both bosses, whereas more conventional methods of stationary looting would only award skulls from one of them. While this is the fastest strategy for looting these bosses, it may still take dozens if not hundreds of hours for a looter to guarantee a Krakenslayer or Lost Blade of Leviathan pull. As ever, patience is key.
"whereas more conventional methods of stationary looting would only award skulls from one of them."
This was definitely true before this last upgrade. But not true any more as I routinely seem to get doubles from the twins since last week.

The only thing about lone looting is the time element.

Bump, I've been using something similar lately during looting and it's worked out tremendously. Thanks!

Back