Guide  How To get Open Chat For Speedchatplus Members

Someone plz tell izzy our new forums member to check this out. he was begging me to get him open chat. so i made this. so could anyone plz tell him a way to get to this. THNX

How do I get access to Parental Controls?

1. To access Parental Controls for a child's account, you must have a validated adult account.
  2. Go to the Account Manager page on the web site. You will be asked either to log in to your existing account or to register for a new account.
  3. Once you are logged in, click on the " Link an Existing Account " button to link your child's account to your account.
  4. Once linked, have your child log in, click the My Account tab and click " Enable Parental Controls ." An e-mail will be sent to the Parent's E-mail address with instructions on how to set your child's chat level and become a Parental Authority. To see which Parent's E-mail address is on file, have your child click the Account Details tab.
poc_bullet_redskull.gif
What do Parental Controls govern?
Parental Controls let you control a variety of community settings for your child, including:

• Chat levels/permissions.
  • Uploading content.
  • Posting to message boards (within Disney.com community).
poc_bullet_redskull.gif
What are the different chat options available in Pirates Online?
Speed Chat

• Open to all users.
  • Players select from a pre-determined list of questions and statements using a drop down menu.
Speed Chat Plus

• Default setting for users 12 and under; can be turned off through the Parental Control feature.
  • Dictionary-based, keyboard chat system.
  • Players can only type in words that have been pre-approved (are in the dictionary).
  • This chat may be moderated; players can report another player for bad behavior.
Open Chat

• Default setting for players 13+; can be turned on for players 12 and younger by a linked, validated adult account; can be turned off through the Parental Control feature.
  • Open text field, keyboard chat system.
  • Players can type in any words they choose
  • All chat is filtered based on an active list of inappropriate words and phrases. Chat may be moderated. Players can report another player for bad behavior.
  • Open chat has three different levels/options within it:
poc_bullet_redskull.gif
Do Parental Controls only govern children?
Once you have enabled Parental Controls, those controls will govern any account in your family structure with a birth date under 18. At 18 the account will be given access to govern its own community settings.

poc_bullet_redskull.gif
What is a Parental Authority?
A Parental Authority is a validated adult within a family account structure that has authority to add, modify and delete other accounts in the family account. Parental Authorities also have access to Parental Controls, which govern children and teens' participation in Disney community features.

poc_bullet_redskull.gif
How do I become a Parental Authority?
Have your child log in from the Manage Account page. Have your child click the My Account tab and then click the link to enable Parental Controls. This will send an email to the Parent's Email address we have on file with instructions on how to set your child's chat level and become a Parental Authority. You can see which email we have on file by having your child click the Account Details tab.

This is from the Disney page, I have known people that have done this as it says and it works.

divider_bar.gif

We did do all that a BUNCH of times and it didn't work for me........:mad::fight:

cuz they never turned it on u can only get it now ( this is straight from disney ) if ur 13 and ur acct says ur 13

did you look at the video. take off the speedchat checkmark and have the last three things turned on. Then that allows you to get speed chat. Believe me. i had speedchat like this before i was 13 on the game
EDIT (Jan 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM):
OMG SOMEHOW THE URL ISNT CORRECT. IT WAS WORKING YESTERDAY - cry -

This question is asked, over and over and over again. Here is a simple answer.

First thing you do is go into the pirates online site (piratesonline.com)

• Then click help, and click chat "Contact Us"
  • Click "Live Chat"
  • It will then ask you to login, you do that. And then you can talk to a Potco staff member and ask the question, "How do I get open chat" or "Can you allow me open chat".
Then they will ask you a few questions, and you should be able to go from there..
Thnx u so much Very MUCH:D

Back