• Yes.

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters
What we KNOW:
  • The four new legendary have been released.
  • They are NOT Cursed. [As they would have clearly been described as such in the release.]
  • The four new legendary have not been found anywhere. [Otherwise, we would have seen at least one.]
  • The four new legendary cannot be found at the new Tormenta bosses. [Since the devs confirmed they will only drop Lost Sword, Silver Freeze and their unique Legendary Cursed drop.]
What is MOST LIKELY:
  • The four new legendary drop from permanent bosses. [Examples below.]
  • The four new legendary are not all cutlasses.
  • The four new legendary have the same drop rate as the new Legendary Cursed.

My Theory:
As you can see here, it is clearly hinted the legendary come from bosses.
"Fearsome" - Meaning powerful aka bosses.
latest

"Notorious" - Meaning not just POWERFUL but known bosses.
Now the reason they added Notorious is because of Darkhart - he is not a very POWERFUL boss, but he is a Notorious one.

It is my belief that the new four new legendary can be found at one of the following bosses:
Unlikely but possible alternative...
I say it would be Devil root, Jacques le Blanc, or Tomas Blanco because Neban Already has a legendary, so does Remington. Remington also had a new legendary

I have a suspicion that Patron and SF they have a a slightly higher drop rate than the other legendary's and they take their slot 3 out of 4 of times.
That's another reason we don't see the other legendary's more often.
It would also make sense if the lore comes out with the backstory and the hints on these 4 new legendary.
Not really on topic, but I needed to ask ... El Patron? I thought the only way to fight this boss was in the quest? Is there another way? Obviously I'm missing something. Maybe I need to switch my patch to the other eye.

Not really on topic, but I needed to ask ... El Patron? I thought the only way to fight this boss was in the quest? Is there another way? Obviously I'm missing something. Maybe I need to switch my patch to the other eye.
He's talking about the Lost Sword of El Patron, not the boss himself.

What we KNOW:
  • The four new legendary have been released.
  • They are NOT Cursed. [As they would have clearly been described as such in the release.]
  • The four new legendary have not been found anywhere. [Otherwise, we would have seen at least one.]
  • The four new legendary cannot be found at the new Tormenta bosses. [Since the devs confirmed they will only drop Lost Sword, Silver Freeze and their unique Legendary Cursed drop.]
What is MOST LIKELY:
  • The four new legendary drop from permanent bosses. [Examples below.]
  • The four new legendary are not all cutlasses.
  • The four new legendary have the same drop rate as the new Legendary Cursed.

My Theory:
As you can see here, it is clearly hinted the legendary come from bosses.
"Fearsome" - Meaning powerful aka bosses.
latest

"Notorious" - Meaning not just POWERFUL but known bosses.
Now the reason they added Notorious is because of Darkhart - he is not a very POWERFUL boss, but he is a Notorious one.

It is my belief that the new four new legendary can be found at one of the following bosses:
Unlikely but possible alternative...
It says wielded by the most notorious "individuals" such as Beckett, Mercer, and Jack Sparrow. I don't believe any weapon has to do with the boss, but maybe the class of boss itself.

It says wielded by the most notorious "individuals" such as Beckett, Mercer, and Jack Sparrow. I don't believe any weapon has to do with the boss, but maybe the class of boss itself.
In hindsight I think you are right, notorious individual is referring to the weapon's name indicating that it it belonged to a notorious individual and has nothing to do with the boss source of the weapon. That said, Charles was right about at least 3 of the sources and I still think the last one will come from a boss, probably a popular and relatively powerful one.

It is probably Barbossa's Fury right, and with General Hex as the one who drops it?

Six Cursed Legendaries added, setting the boss drops specific loot:
Crash (Cursed Caverns) -- Uses || Sword -- Drops || The Onyx Curse
Jimmy Legs (Cursed Caverns) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || The Sapphire Curse
Cicatriz (El Patron's Mine) -- Uses || Dagger -- Drops || The Ruby Curse
Koleniko (Forsaken Shallows) -- Uses || Grenade -- Drops || Krakenslayer
Palifico (Forsaken Shallows) -- Uses || Sword -- Drops || Lost Blade of Leviathan
Drench (Forsaken Shallows) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || Cursed Blade of Yore
Drizzle (Forsaken Shallows) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || Cursed Blade of Yore

I believe it is Bort Greaseborb who suggested that perhaps multiple static bosses drop the same legendary weapon, if any static bosses make sense that would be Tomas Blanco and Jacques Le Blanc, or General Hex and Undead Timothy Dartan. This is likely, in my opinion, because Drench and Drizzle are the current multiple bosses/same drop and are essentially the same character (aside from name). Dartan and Hex, as well as Tomas and Jacques are the same stats and notoriety wise, but Dartan and Hex use the same weapon while Tomas uses dual cutlasses compared to Jacques ranged sword. Additionally, I think it would be unwise to give Tomas Blanco a legendary weapon other than Dual Cutlass as if that is ever added to the game he would assuredly make the most sense to drop it and thus giving him a different weapon prior to that would be poor foresight.

Next looking at the 6 legendary additions, all of them are cursed blades. Here we have a set of Legendary new release pistols while the single legendary (repeater) pistol from POTCO is not currently in (discovered) TLOPO -- Barbossa's Fury. This is kinda nullified by the unreleased item named Jack Sparrow's Revenge not being added over Jack Sparrow's Blade. As a result, perhaps, that weapon is over Barbossa's Fury -- however I assume Barbossa's Fury is something more easily added. I would assume this update would include another gun legendary over say a legendary doll (many famed, no legendary -- I'd expect multiple released at one time if it were to happen) or a legendary Staff -- when all the best staves are purchase items (with the Halloween event upcoming as well for a chance at the only two famed staves I think a lootable legendary would be poor planning). A sword could still be possible, and there is another unreleased item called Barbossa's Edge which could mirror Jack Sparrow's Blade in theory. I would still guess Barbossa's Fury is the most likely though.

Next up from the previous Legendaries at static bosses, is each of the Cursed Legendaries drops at a high ranking officer of a notorious leader. Cicatriz commanded El Patron's men (according to the Journal Page: Battle for the Blades). The Isla Tormenta bosses that drop the other 5 legendaries, are all high ranking officers for Davy Jones. Making the leap over to the three released and found, General Darkhart is the General for Jolly Roger on Padres Del Fuego, and Neban and Remmington the EITC highest ranking officers in game. General Hex is the only adequately notoriety level boss that is a high ranking officer for Jolly Roger to complement Darkhart (General Hex is the General for Jolly for his Tortuga troops, and I think that would be fitting with the next release being Tortuga invasions). Having him and Undead Dartan would make sense using the Bort assumption and Drench/Drizzle as clones in game wise. I'd guess Hex more so though as the General Hex/Darkhart makes the most sense to me. Jacques Le Blanc and Tomas Blanco simply don't make as much sense to be added considering this. Additionally Devil Root has spewed out a decent amount of Lost Sword of El Patron and Silver Freeze since the update that it seems foolhardy to continue to search in that one place for the fourth when being a level 40 for future legendary packages would be a headliner (especially on marooning islands along with Jacques and Tomas).

It isn't like Barbossa's Fury is an insanely OP weapon to go to a 23-30 notoriety boss. It would be remarkably less powerful than Mercer or Beckett's Pistol(s), yet still legendary in feel as it has four barrels. It would be the perfect stepping stone Legendary Gun as Lost Sword of El Patron and now nerfed Jack Sparrow's Blade act for swords compared to it's peers dropped by higher notoriety bosses. For the concept of "wielded by some of the most fearsome and notorious individuals in the Carribean" -- Jack Sparrow, Ian Mercer, Lord Beckett, and Captain Barbossa fits quite well.

edit: To mimic the mini chart I wrote for the Legendary Cursed, my guess for the current legendaries would be:
Remington The Vicious (Kingshead) -- Uses || Dagger -- Drops || Mercer's Pistol
Neban The Silent (Beckett's Quary) -- Uses || Dagger -- Drops || Beckett's Pistol
General Darkhart (Las Pulgas) -- Uses || Sword -- Drops || Jack Sparrow's Blade
General Hex (Misty Mire) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || Barbossa's Fury
Undead Timothy Dartan (Las Pulgas) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || Barbossa's Fury

Last edited:
It is probably Barbossa's Fury right, and with General Hex as the one who drops it?

Six Cursed Legendaries added, setting the boss drops specific loot:
Crash (Cursed Caverns) -- Uses || Sword -- Drops || The Onyx Curse
Jimmy Legs (Cursed Caverns) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || The Sapphire Curse
Cicatriz (El Patron's Mine) -- Uses || Dagger -- Drops || The Ruby Curse
Koleniko (Forsaken Shallows) -- Uses || Grenade -- Drops || Krakenslayer
Palifico (Forsaken Shallows) -- Uses || Sword -- Drops || Lost Blade of Leviathan
Drench (Forsaken Shallows) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || Cursed Blade of Yore
Drizzle (Forsaken Shallows) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || Cursed Blade of Yore

I believe it is Bort Greaseborb who suggested that perhaps multiple static bosses drop the same legendary weapon, if any static bosses make sense that would be Tomas Blanco and Jacques Le Blanc, or General Hex and Undead Timothy Dartan. This is likely, in my opinion, because Drench and Drizzle are the current multiple bosses/same drop and are essentially the same character (aside from name). Dartan and Hex, as well as Tomas and Jacques are the same stats and notoriety wise, but Dartan and Hex use the same weapon while Tomas uses dual cutlasses compared to Jacques ranged sword. Additionally, I think it would be unwise to give Tomas Blanco a legendary weapon other than Dual Cutlass as if that is ever added to the game he would assuredly make the most sense to drop it and thus giving him a different weapon prior to that would be poor foresight.

Next looking at the 6 legendary additions, all of them are cursed blades. Here we have a set of Legendary new release pistols while the single legendary (repeater) pistol from POTCO is not currently in (discovered) TLOPO -- Barbossa's Fury. This is kinda nullified by the unreleased item named Jack Sparrow's Revenge not being added over Jack Sparrow's Blade. As a result, perhaps, that weapon is over Barbossa's Fury -- however I assume Barbossa's Fury is something more easily added. I would assume this update would include another gun legendary over say a legendary doll (many famed, no legendary -- I'd expect multiple released at one time if it were to happen) or a legendary Staff -- when all the best staves are purchase items (with the Halloween event upcoming as well for a chance at the only two famed staves I think a lootable legendary would be poor planning). A sword could still be possible, and there is another unreleased item called Barbossa's Edge which could mirror Jack Sparrow's Blade in theory. I would still guess Barbossa's Fury is the most likely though.

Next up from the previous Legendaries at static bosses, is each of the Cursed Legendaries drops at a high ranking officer of a notorious leader. Cicatriz commanded El Patron's men (according to the Journal Page: Battle for the Blades). The Isla Tormenta bosses that drop the other 5 legendaries, are all high ranking officers for Davy Jones. Making the leap over to the three released and found, General Darkhart is the General for Jolly Roger on Padres Del Fuego, and Neban and Remmington the EITC highest ranking officers in game. General Hex is the only adequately notoriety level boss that is a high ranking officer for Jolly Roger to complement Darkhart (General Hex is the General for Jolly for his Tortuga troops, and I think that would be fitting with the next release being Tortuga invasions). Having him and Undead Dartan would make sense using the Bort assumption and Drench/Drizzle as clones in game wise. I'd guess Hex more so though as the General Hex/Darkhart makes the most sense to me. Jacques Le Blanc and Tomas Blanco simply don't make as much sense to be added considering this. Additionally Devil Root has spewed out a decent amount of Lost Sword of El Patron and Silver Freeze since the update that it seems foolhardy to continue to search in that one place for the fourth when being a level 40 for future legendary packages would be a headliner (especially on marooning islands along with Jacques and Tomas).

It isn't like Barbossa's Fury is an insanely OP weapon to go to a 23-30 notoriety boss. It would be remarkably less powerful than Mercer or Beckett's Pistol(s), yet still legendary in feel as it has four barrels. It would be the perfect stepping stone Legendary Gun as Lost Sword of El Patron and now nerfed Jack Sparrow's Blade act for swords compared to it's peers dropped by higher notoriety bosses. For the concept of "wielded by some of the most fearsome and notorious individuals in the Carribean" -- Jack Sparrow, Ian Mercer, Lord Beckett, and Captain Barbossa fits quite well.

edit: To mimic the mini chart I wrote for the Legendary Cursed, my guess for the current legendaries would be:
Remington The Vicious (Kingshead) -- Uses || Dagger -- Drops || Mercer's Pistol
Neban The Silent (Beckett's Quary) -- Uses || Dagger -- Drops || Beckett's Pistol
General Darkhart (Las Pulgas) -- Uses || Sword -- Drops || Jack Sparrow's Blade
General Hex (Misty Mire) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || Barbossa's Fury
Undead Timothy Dartan (Las Pulgas) -- Uses || Voodoo -- Drops || Barbossa's Fury
I will be very disappointed and upset if it turns out to be Barbossa's Fury, the potco freebie the was given to everyone as a parting gift on closing, not a good weapon and a lot of bad memories.

I have insider information confirming the location of the final legendary. It is the Trident of Poseidon - a voodoo staff with 130 attack and flaming skull +5. It drops exclusively from Insignificant Crustacean.
Pshhhh that's terrible. Might as well use the beginner staff smh

I have insider information confirming the location of the final legendary. It is the Trident of Poseidon - a voodoo staff with 130 attack and flaming skull +5. It drops exclusively from Insignificant Crustacean.
It would be cool if it was from a random boss but, alas, I fear your insider has made a fool of you... rofl

Back