Tip  How To Level Grenades

save your grenades to lvl last master everything first then u should be in the 40's go to the thrall room in tormenta and hit all the enemies and bring them behind the log and hit them with grenades only use the normal grenade retrain so theirs only 1 skill point on it and the throw ability DO NOT USE LONG VOLLY people commonly do this but it just makes the rep worse if u do it right the enemies should give 60 - 90 rep and theres 5 of the enemies so thats the best way to level u bombs ( dont try this if ur under level 40 )

Good idea but I do a different way.Once I get my grenades I go to Kingshead the formation.Behind the fence count the fence post from the wagon,6 fence posts and about 8 to 9 steps back.You can get to lvl 20 grendes in that spot alone.Sometimes they do come thru to get you.Than after that I go to Catacombs and get the 3 raiders from the down from lava pit by the boss (don't hit the boss unless you have a healer or strong enough)and go few levels there.The raiders throw daggers 1 or 2 times and they stop(can do pistol on them also).Than if I have a healer with me I go to the 4 ghost in Ravens Cove mines and get them with grenades to master them.Rep will vary in Kingshead 50 to 80 rep if done correct and the Raiders 60 to 90 and the ghost 80 to 115(if have crew with 1 134 rep).What has worked best for me with my skills for the rep is like this.

the top 1 skill each(yes even on volley)
1 skill every grenade
max siege when you can
bottom as follows max max max max max

any left over skills wait till mastered is what i do.

have to remember when placing your cannon skills also do not max barrage that makes your cannon balls and grenades do more damage also.You can also do your doll on the formation as well and tag 4 or 5 in the formation at 1 time and go behind the wagon and if done correctly they will not hit you at all.You can use poke on them and get the max rep 115 on them without crew.

Igor say AYE Sarge Igor has done many lvs of nades your way and Igor thinks it is a very easy and efficient way of leveling them.. Igor say Igor used to love standing in the field nading the soldiers especially right after they had chased Igor around relentlessly getting the nades!!!! Igor say then it is always off to the warm lava pit :D

Good idea but I do a different way.Once I get my grenades I go to Kingshead the formation.Behind the fence count the fence post from the wagon,6 fence posts and about 8 to 9 steps back.You can get to lvl 20 grendes in that spot alone.Sometimes they do come thru to get you.Than after that I go to Catacombs and get the 3 raiders from the down from lava pit by the boss (don't hit the boss unless you have a healer or strong enough)and go few levels there.The raiders throw daggers 1 or 2 times and they stop(can do pistol on them also).Than if I have a healer with me I go to the 4 ghost in Ravens Cove mines and get them with grenades to master them.Rep will vary in Kingshead 50 to 80 rep if done correct and the Raiders 60 to 90 and the ghost 80 to 115(if have crew with 1 134 rep).What has worked best for me with my skills for the rep is like this.

1 skill every grenade
max siege when you can

have to remember when placing your cannon skills also do not max barrage that makes your cannon balls and grenades do more damage also.You can also do your doll on the formation as well and tag 4 or 5 in the formation at 1 time and go behind the wagon and if done correctly they will not hit you at all.You can use poke on them and get the max rep 115 on them without crew.

Great info Sarge. It took me FOREVER it seemed to master grenades. I wish I had this information while I was doing it I would have mastered a lot quicker. Grenades are so tedious ugh :(

heres how i mastered
ok so i saved grenades of my last weapon to master for several reasons and i would wait to, so first of all grenades are a weapon thats made for killing a group of enemies at a time so dont try to level them at dark hart make sure that youre behind the log at tormenta or they'll kill u

If you want to lvl gernades from 20-30 fast re train ur skills and give siege charge a 5. And upgrade siege and cannon a 5. Then go to the rc mine by the 4 ghosts guarding the totem or whatever its called and just let em have it.

1 skill every grenade
max siege when you can

Thank you so much for the info Sarge. I retrained my grenades last night almost exactly as you said( I see I messed up on a couple)lol. I was getting much better rep now. It gives me a little bit more hope that I might actually master them someday.lol Thanks also to Misty for inviting me to come with her and retrain! ;) Thanks to Jack Y. for the healing and Lizabeth too! I actually enjoyed the grenades for once. :p

You welcome mates.The only reason I did my grenades like that is,I was fully mastered,quests done everything done on 2 pirates when the level 50 cap came out last year.It took me 3 days from level 40 to level 50 just with weapons and the retraining was learn as you go process.I didn't have crew,I didn't have a healer and was very few level 50's at that time lol.I did make a skill placement sheet and where and how I leveled from start to finish.I have to find where in my pc I put the file.Been so long that I have played and if I can't find I will ask one of my officers if they still have it or I will make another one.If like the skill placement sheet let me know and I will send it to you or I will make a post in weapon training for it and everyone can add to it if they like.

Dark hart is ok but takes to long for the rep but you can do multiple weapons on him just like the other bosses.
EDIT (Dec 11, 2010 1:56 PM):
Thank you so much for the info Sarge. I retrained my grenades last night almost exactly as you said( I see I messed up on a couple)lol. I was getting much better rep now. It gives me a little bit more hope that I might actually master them someday.lol Thanks also to Misty for inviting me to come with her and retrain! ;) Thanks to Jack Y. for the healing and Lizabeth too! I actually enjoyed the grenades for once. :p

Charlotte I did forget to add when I leveled grenades I did the following

Used 5 stink
used 5 fire
used 5 smoke
than I finished off with explosives

The smoke is what helps get the most rep when doing that change up.Try that way and see the rep go up a little bit more

You welcome mates.The only reason I did my grenades like that is,I was fully mastered,quests done everything done on 2 pirates when the level 50 cap came out last year.It took me 3 days from level 40 to level 50 just with weapons and the retraining was learn as you go process.I didn't have crew,I didn't have a healer and was very few level 50's at that time lol.I did make a skill placement sheet and where and how I leveled from start to finish.I have to find where in my pc I put the file.Been so long that I have played and if I can't find I will ask one of my officers if they still have it or I will make another one.If like the skill placement sheet let me know and I will send it to you or I will make a post in weapon training for it and everyone can add to it if they like.

Dark hart is ok but takes to long for the rep but you can do multiple weapons on him just like the other bosses.

Sounds like a great idea for a post to me! I really didn't know anything about retraining weapons and I'm embarrassed to say I usually just guess whenever it comes time to place a skill point.lol Would be great to know others techniques and what works for them. Looking forward to the post.

Sounds like a great idea for a post to me! I really didn't know anything about retraining weapons and I'm embarrassed to say I usually just guess whenever it comes time to place a skill point.lol Would be great to know others techniques and what works for them. Looking forward to the post.

I never really know where to put my skill points either Char. I pretty much guess to.

I still have 11 skill points to use on my staff and it is mastered. lol
It might be why I master fairly quick? ( well besides grenades) I don't really place my skill points any place I save them until I know where to place them. :oops:

I never really know where to put my skill points either Char. I pretty much guess to.

I still have 11 skill points to use on my staff and it is mastered. lol
It might be why I master fairly quick? ( well besides grenades) I don't really place my skill points any place I save them until I know where to place them. :oops:

lol i place skill points as soon as i get them but i make sure that where im placing them is a good idea like while i was lvling chris 2's dagger to master i unlocked all the throwing daggers and maxed the passive skill and put 1 on each combo and i mastered it very fast

Charlotte I did forget to add when I leveled grenades I did the following

Used 5 stink
used 5 fire
used 5 smoke
than I finished off with explosives

The smoke is what helps get the most rep when doing that change up.Try that way and see the rep go up a little bit more

Thank you Sarge, I will try this combo the next time I'm on. :)

wow all very sound advice and Sarge you must have had the same teacher i had :D oh and with pistol how you can get a little extra reps you use take aim to about the first knotch you can also do with long volley for grenades lol did i ever mention i love grendes....:drink:i simply put one skill point in everything but seige(maxed) and let all the extra points float cuz i don't need them till i finish masteringas for othe weapons same principle...and a long time lesson i learned early was....the longer it takes you to deafeat an enemy the better the reps....and with that HUZZAH to the GRENADIERS!!!!!!

wow all very sound advice and Sarge you must have had the same teacher i had :D oh and with pistol how you can get a little extra reps you use take aim to about the first knotch you can also do with long volley for grenades lol did i ever mention i love grendes....:drink:i simply put one skill point in everything but seige(maxed) and let all the extra points float cuz i don't need them till i finish masteringas for othe weapons same principle...and a long time lesson i learned early was....the longer it takes you to deafeat an enemy the better the reps....and with that HUZZAH to the GRENADIERS!!!!!!

Thanks Molly.Nope I learned all on my own and no teachers to help.Was one of those learn as you go process and spent a lot of time in jail trying ha ha.Yep I agree same with all the other weapons as well,more rep,level faster and than place the skill points.Most I ever got on a Boss was 725 rep with full crew and was Neban and was multiple weapons and took forever.Thank god had 5 healers and we took turns getting him.

Back