Tip  How To Sink A Light Sloop In Svs

any war class ships u can kill a light sloop by using ramming speed following with open fire and broadside ( u may need a gunner ) the other day i did this on accdent and wound up sinking the lead ship on andaba the bolade executioner and getting about 5k bounty from it and leo was on it but they soon took it back and owned us with fury.
EDIT (Mar 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM):
Arent light sloops the easiest to sink.
no will not at all there very hard to hit if there moving and with a gunner they pwn faces

any war class ships u can kill a light sloop by using ramming speed following with open fire and broadside ( u may need a gunner ) the other day i did this on accdent and wound up sinking the lead ship on andaba the bolade executioner and getting about 5k bounty from it and leo was on it but they soon took it back and owned us with fury.
EDIT (Mar 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM):

no will not at all there very hard to hit if there moving and with a gunner they pwn faces

lol this only works once the second time around if ramming speed is not fully recharged ur pretty much done for the best u can do is use take cover and have ur gunner try to deal some damage if ur gunners good he should be able to at least get a few hits man i miss a friend on the game he was good at svs and was the best gunner i knew he deleted everyone who he wasnt friends with in real life though =(

In svs a light sloop can take more damage and after that light sloop has been hit it will fury the eitc ship untill its sunk and that wont be long

:iagree: its not that they are hard to sink its that they are hard to hit and some ppl cant sink a light sloop easily so this is just tips for them

I got a friend who loves to SvS on their Light Sloop, and I have learned how to sink the little buggers :lol1: Probably most effective way to sink them is to just ram then broad like alot of people said... not trying to copy anyone's ideas or anything though :)

Light sloops? Aren't they those little things that run around with fury?

I think they're kinda overestimated... with the soloists, you can stop some distance away and fire a bit of fury at them (provided that you can aim, use the right mouse of course). It's probably easiest to hit those lights on the lowest deck gun you have on that ship (sorry war galleons), or fire a bit of maxed round shot broadsides at 'em. If they move, again, try to get to its front and fire a broad like that... even with the light sloop broadsides, I can still sink them with maxed round. Of course, this is much easier with a gunner because if you move in the same direction as them, gunning is like gunning on a non-moving ship onto a non-moving ship.

Again, not that hard. Manage the stress of seeing the maxed bounty lights, and you should do just fine.

Light sloops? Aren't they those little things that run around with fury?

I think they're kinda overestimated... with the soloists, you can stop some distance away and fire a bit of fury at them (provided that you can aim, use the right mouse of course). It's probably easiest to hit those lights on the lowest deck gun you have on that ship (sorry war galleons), or fire a bit of maxed round shot broadsides at 'em. If they move, again, try to get to its front and fire a broad like that... even with the light sloop broadsides, I can still sink them with maxed round. Of course, this is much easier with a gunner because if you move in the same direction as them, gunning is like gunning on a non-moving ship onto a non-moving ship.

Again, not that hard. Manage the stress of seeing the maxed bounty lights, and you should do just fine.

actually u r only stating a soloist now because u were talking about a soloist they are easy however if it is a full ship with gunners on both sides it is a real problem so if you see a light sloop be on your guard

actually u r only stating a soloist now because u were talking about a soloist they are easy however if it is a full ship with gunners on both sides it is a real problem so if you see a light sloop be on your guard

Yes.. you're right. I'm sorry to say, I didn't provide quite the strategy for those gunning lights. For me, it's best to go against those full lights if you position yourself correctly. Usually I try to take a light from the side (even when soloing those gunning sloops) so that when you get close to it, you should end up in front of it. From here, they'll have to swerve (and slow down, this is important) to whichever side so their gunners have an angle, at which point I use take cover and leadership and quickly blast their side. This usually takes 2 or 3 tries, as after you break a side they'll probably run off for some repairs, but, if you're lucky and have a great sea chart (I like treasure hunter sea chart for chasing), you should be able to get in front of the ship again and fire a broad to keep the side broken. With take cover charging, you should be able to get 2-3 broads for a clean hit (with practice) between take covers, which is enough to safely sink them without taking too much damage.

If this doesn't work, try again to position yourself in front. It's the most effective strategy (for me) to go against any gunning ship without reasonable broadsides, and if positioning doesn't work the first time, you can run away and try again from a different angle. It is legal, you know :p

Yes.. you're right. I'm sorry to say, I didn't provide quite the strategy for those gunning lights. For me, it's best to go against those full lights if you position yourself correctly. Usually I try to take a light from the side (even when soloing those gunning sloops) so that when you get close to it, you should end up in front of it. From here, they'll have to swerve (and slow down, this is important) to whichever side so their gunners have an angle, at which point I use take cover and leadership and quickly blast their side. This usually takes 2 or 3 tries, as after you break a side they'll probably run off for some repairs, but, if you're lucky and have a great sea chart (I like treasure hunter sea chart for chasing), you should be able to get in front of the ship again and fire a broad to keep the side broken. With take cover charging, you should be able to get 2-3 broads for a clean hit (with practice) between take covers, which is enough to safely sink them without taking too much damage.

If this doesn't work, try again to position yourself in front. It's the most effective strategy (for me) to go against any gunning ship without reasonable broadsides, and if positioning doesn't work the first time, you can run away and try again from a different angle. It is legal, you know :p

well first of all the light sloops with gunners most likely have gunners with maxed fury and are extremely dangerous if u get in front of them u r a huge target and unless u have alot of gunners for that u will sink in fact if u dont have a gunner and ur facing a light sloop with a skilled gunner unless u can get to a distance where many of the shots ur broadsides make can hit u will sink trust me sinking a skilled light sloop is hard because after you will be left with little health

well first of all the light sloops with gunners most likely have gunners with maxed fury and are extremely dangerous if u get in front of them u r a huge target and unless u have alot of gunners for that u will sink in fact if u dont have a gunner and ur facing a light sloop with a skilled gunner unless u can get to a distance where many of the shots ur broadsides make can hit u will sink trust me sinking a skilled light sloop is hard because after you will be left with little health

Yep, that's correct. I don't think I explained that correctly, sorry.

You're right about what you say, and I forgot to explain that I use a light sloop as a soloist. What I do is approach them from way in front. I usually zoom out my compass one time from the starting position and start to move to intercept it from a large distance in front of it.

Because of the way the bullets curve while going forward, I have an increased chance of not getting hit while the other light speeds up to intercept me (as they usually do). Now, if you zoom in your compass all the way from this point, I would stop and switch to my cannon while I'm facing them, from about a zoomed in compass distance away. From here, they do the curve that I talked about. If I attacked from their front and left as is more comfortable for me, they will turn right to give their gunner's an angle, slowing down their ship enough for me to shoot fury without fear of being sneaked from the back. From here, I can break their side, taking a little less damage then them usually (gunning from a ship is harder than gunning at a moving ship, and they usually only use cover after I've hit them). From here, you can try to do the broadside thing, but you have to make really large curves away from the ship then toward it to prevent yourself from being hit (this is why you must be faster).

Anticipation is key.. you need to know if they will turn away from you to give an angle but put space from you, or if they will turn toward you to get closer but lose a gunning angle. Watching and being on good drivers' ships really helps with this. If they turn away, turn away from them to gain more distance and less chance of them sail shooting you. If they turn toward you, speed up and use your broads! You have them for a reason.

If you didn't understand that... I'm sorry, I'm a complicated person.

Yep, that's correct. I don't think I explained that correctly, sorry.

You're right about what you say, and I forgot to explain that I use a light sloop as a soloist. What I do is approach them from way in front. I usually zoom out my compass one time from the starting position and start to move to intercept it from a large distance in front of it.

Because of the way the bullets curve while going forward, I have an increased chance of not getting hit while the other light speeds up to intercept me (as they usually do). Now, if you zoom in your compass all the way from this point, I would stop and switch to my cannon while I'm facing them, from about a zoomed in compass distance away. From here, they do the curve that I talked about. If I attacked from their front and left as is more comfortable for me, they will turn right to give their gunner's an angle, slowing down their ship enough for me to shoot fury without fear of being sneaked from the back. From here, I can break their side, taking a little less damage then them usually (gunning from a ship is harder than gunning at a moving ship, and they usually only use cover after I've hit them). From here, you can try to do the broadside thing, but you have to make really large curves away from the ship then toward it to prevent yourself from being hit (this is why you must be faster).

Anticipation is key.. you need to know if they will turn away from you to give an angle but put space from you, or if they will turn toward you to get closer but lose a gunning angle. Watching and being on good drivers' ships really helps with this. If they turn away, turn away from them to gain more distance and less chance of them sail shooting you. If they turn toward you, speed up and use your broads! You have them for a reason.

If you didn't understand that... I'm sorry, I'm a complicated person.

now i could come up with something even more complicated but i would rather not but u rly should go into explanation of what type of ship ur using and i should note if ur using a war galleon u could say ur screwed

now i could come up with something even more complicated but i would rather not but u rly should go into explanation of what type of ship ur using and i should note if ur using a war galleon u could say ur screwed

Haha, yes, I am screwed if I use a war galleon. You need a fast and small ship for this, so I use my light sloop for the light sloop gunners. It's harder to aim from a moving light sloop than at a moving light sloop, so I have a little bit of an advantage, as well as positioning. However, it really boils down to how smart the other driver is. The best drivers run when they need to run, and that's that. Drivers like Molly on Crimson Bull know when it's time to quit; you just have to try to make them think that you're not too hard for them. Otherwise, when they run and you know they will repair, let them. If they repair while driving and turn while you already took damage from them, THEN you're really screwed.

Other than sneaking and teaming, I think broadsides are the ONLY way to finish a gunning light sloop. Even if you use a light sloop (like I do), it still breaks sides in a second and does tons of damage to enemy light sloops. Try it! It works.

So, I would suggest not to wear the badge on the ship. Plus, it's kinda bragging, and we can avoid many fights if we're nice to everyone :D

Haha, yes, I am screwed if I use a war galleon. You need a fast and small ship for this, so I use my light sloop for the light sloop gunners. It's harder to aim from a moving light sloop than at a moving light sloop, so I have a little bit of an advantage, as well as positioning. However, it really boils down to how smart the other driver is. The best drivers run when they need to run, and that's that. Drivers like Molly on Crimson Bull know when it's time to quit; you just have to try to make them think that you're not too hard for them. Otherwise, when they run and you know they will repair, let them. If they repair while driving and turn while you already took damage from them, THEN you're really screwed.

So, I would suggest not to wear the badge on the ship. Plus, it's kinda bragging, and we can avoid many fights if we're nice to everyone :D

now now that was the point of the badges in the first place and i would like to say running is for cowards and cowards do not have any honor also light sloops are cheap and therefore r unhonorable and u should not get the bragging rights with the badge they rly need to make it harder for light sloops to earn infamy

now now that was the point of the badges in the first place and i would like to say running is for cowards and cowards do not have any honor also light sloops are cheap and therefore r unhonorable and u should not get the bragging rights with the badge they rly need to make it harder for light sloops to earn infamy

Haha... what's the difference between a 1K war sloop and a 20K bounty war sloop? They run when they need to. I'm not making this forum a 'brawl to the death' on opinions (which it's really your opinion, which you are entitled to), but to be frank, ALL GREAT DRIVERS RUN SO THEY CAN FIGHT AGAIN. Whether it be running for a salvage ship or just plain repair running, all of the ships do it, and some ships even have extra people so gunners don't have to get off guns to repair.

But, you are right. It may be annoying when people run, but you must understand: that is their tactical move, and you have the same opportunity to do it when you're in a pickle. I don't say it's not annoying, but I KNOW that they must be good drivers just because they know when it's time to stop and regroup.

Jack Sparrow: "Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again."
Will Turner: "You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you."
Jack Sparrow: "Then that's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?"

My favorite quote, and it corresponds to what I'm talking about. I wish you guys good luck on the svs, and don't forget to have fun! It is a game, you know.

Haha... what's the difference between a 1K war sloop and a 20K bounty war sloop? They run when they need to. I'm not making this forum a 'brawl to the death' on opinions (which it's really your opinion, which you are entitled to), but to be frank, ALL GREAT DRIVERS RUN SO THEY CAN FIGHT AGAIN. Whether it be running for a salvage ship or just plain repair running, all of the ships do it, and some ships even have extra people so gunners don't have to get off guns to repair.

But, you are right. It may be annoying when people run, but you must understand: that is their tactical move, and you have the same opportunity to do it when you're in a pickle. I don't say it's not annoying, but I KNOW that they must be good drivers just because they know when it's time to stop and regroup.

Jack Sparrow: "Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again."
Will Turner: "You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you."
Jack Sparrow: "Then that's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?"
My favorite quote, and it corresponds to what I'm talking about. I wish you guys good luck on the svs, and don't forget to have fun! It is a game, you know.
i respect all decisions and i clearly said it was not honorable just as jacks cheating was not honorable but it does get the job done

Back