Tip  How To Sink A Light Sloop In Svs

Captain Hi

Pirate Lord
well its hard to sink them or hit them and if they get right next to you it gets extremely hard but all you have to do to sink them is 2 things first make sure you can hit them then use ramming speed and after you hit them while ur still next to them use a broadside this usually works for me

Thank you for this thread...

The question pertaining to how to handle attacks by Light Sloops during SVS has "always" bugged me to the point to where I yell aloud in real while playing & ppl around me_give a bewildered look towards my direction as if I had totally lost my mind, lol.

The only thing I have been told by a experienced, lvl 50 SVS player is to keep your ship very close to light sloops while making an attempt to sink 'em. For me lately, I have been avoiding them altogether & focusing mainly on larger ships to where my broadsides & cannoneers can at least gain a hit.

:cannon:

Any other information which someone could share, would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you for this thread...

The question pertaining to how to handle attacks by Light Sloops during SVS has "always" bugged me to the point to where I yell aloud in real while playing & ppl around me_give a bewildered look towards my direction as if I had totally lost my mind, lol.

The only thing I have been told by a experienced, lvl 50 SVS player is to keep your ship very close to light sloops while making an attempt to sink 'em. For me lately, I have been avoiding them altogether & focusing mainly on larger ships to where my broadsides & cannoneers can at least gain a hit.

:cannon:

Any other information which someone could share, would be greatly appreciated :)

actually i am a very experienced privateer considering i have played this game from the first year it was released (i didnt pay so im not a founder) and what i have learned is that the light class ships can really mess things us for you because in an attempt to balance ppl using these light ships to not get hit potco added auto aim broadsides to help hit them so if your going after a bigger target and a light ship is passing by wait till it passes as for what the other lvl 50 guy said this is true if you are right next to the light sloop or close to it you can get a few hits on it but if you insist on using broadsides only it might take a while so try using ramming speed on it first and then use ur broadsides

i am a very experienced privateer considering i have played this game from the first year it was released

Great insight, Captain...and thank you.

Aye! I have tried to do what you suggested concerning ramming then, using my broadside. The mistake I keep making (&...I will have to practice some more), is that after I initiate a ramming...I am not fast enough yet to hit the brakes on my ship to engage in a effective broadside. * The cannons go off but the angle of my ship sometimes falters. In other words, some cannonballs make damage but I've noticed, not all of them...

What is effective way to ram? I know this is a silly question but, is it better to do so directly head-on to another ship's nose - or - is it better to ram a ship's port & starboard side?
EDIT (Mar 12, 2011 at 8:26 PM):

Also, if you are sailing a War Frigate or War Galleon & you are "too close" to a Light Sloop...your broadsides miss terribly if you are in close contact with them. What do you suggest using these type of ships? I mostly sail with a War Sloop while SVS but, the question just now came to me about the other war ships.

Great insight, Captain...and thank you.

Aye! I have tried to do what you suggested concerning ramming then, using my broadside. The mistake I keep making (&...I will have to practice some more), is that after I initiate a ramming...I am not fast enough yet to hit the brakes on my ship to engage in a effective broadside. * The cannons go off but the angle of my ship sometimes falters. In other words, some cannonballs make damage but I've noticed, not all of them...

What is effective way to ram? I know this is a silly question but, is it better to do so directly head-on to another ship's nose - or - is it better to ram a ship's port & starboard side?
EDIT (Mar 12, 2011 at 8:26 PM):

Also, if you are sailing a War Frigate or War Galleon & you are "too close" to a Light Sloop...your broadsides miss terribly if you are in close contact with them. What do you suggest using these type of ships? I mostly sail with a War Sloop while SVS but, the question just now came to me about the other war ships.

well i am refering to using a war galleon or war frigate actually a war galleon has no chance against a light sloop as it is to big to hit it and to slow to get a good ramming speed if your using a war sloop it is fairly easy to get a few hits on a light sloop as for a war frigate it is much harder if you can even just get the ramming speed it should do enough damage and then just let ur team take it out i suggest a crew with you if at all possible if you plan on sinking a light sloop alone this is a need to have a good amount of gunners the more gunners the more chance you will have of hitting a light sloop
EDIT (Mar 12, 2011 at 8:49 PM):
oh yes forgot to mention that you need to have a good sense of timing and you need to know hot to handle ur ship well

Well, also, if you hit the ships in the right spot, you can take 2/3 of their health away with Ramming Speed. I almost never worry about the light sloops.

Well, also, if you hit the ships in the right spot, you can take 2/3 of their health away with Ramming Speed. I almost never worry about the light sloops.

yea the only problem with ramming speed is you have to be close enough or else they will see u coming and i know if u hit them in the right spot it deals a good amount of damage but by the time u hit it adn get its hull down u will be finished (this only applies if they have fury gunners or any good gunner at that if not dont worry about it)

not if pro svser in that light sloop, they will try keep distance from u and cycling u, at this point gunner had main role and captain try get closer. use firebrand to shot that light sloop, let it run and burn.

Reactions: LEO
well i am refering to using a war galleon or war frigate actually a war galleon has no chance against a light sloop as it is to big to hit it and to slow to get a good ramming speed if your using a war sloop it is fairly easy to get a few hits on a light sloop as for a war frigate it is much harder if you can even just get the ramming speed it should do enough damage and then just let ur team take it out i suggest a crew with you if at all possible if you plan on sinking a light sloop alone this is a need to have a good amount of gunners the more gunners the more chance you will have of hitting a light sloop

EDIT (Mar 12, 2011 at 8:49 PM):
Ok let me help you
When yer in a war frigate and a sloop is comin to u in a straight line from yer front side keep goin straight its ok if she hits u she only has 4 cannons , then hit thr (down arrow) button to break and at the same time the (left arrow) button and hold for a few seconds until yer boardsides are facin the ships rear and open fire. I learned this on me own but it wud take practise i suggest goin with a friend at first
oh yes forgot to mention that you need to have a good sense of timing and you need to know hot to handle ur ship well

i think u wrote it in my quote box lol but its alot harder than u make it seem
not if pro svser in that light sloop, they will try keep distance from u and cycling u, at this point gunner had main role and captain try get closer. use firebrand to shot that light sloop, let it run and burn.

as i have said before u need a crew if u dont u have no chance against it and because most light sloops only have a crew of 2 people u should prob wait untill the captain of the light sloop is targeting another ship

i think u wrote it in my quote box lol but its alot harder than u make it seem

as i have said before u need a crew if u dont u have no chance against it and because most light sloops only have a crew of 2 people u should prob wait untill the captain of the light sloop is targeting another ship
I knew there woz somethin wrong

Back