How To View The Phase Files ( Video)

Was This Video Helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No ( Add Reason)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Basil, what do I need to type on the command prompt to open the .bam files? I tried pview.exe -a phase_2.bam and it gave me some "greek" messages ...
EDIT (Apr 15, 2011 at 1:58 PM):

What? It has to have one ... that's how you look for a file ... Idk, find a search box somewhere else? Basil or Davy or John or Chris or whoever will know better than I do.

Hmm, when you click on bam files the Pview should come up. I did the same thing you did and it worked for me, but it didn't work since some of the Bam files don't open for me.
EDIT (Apr 15, 2011 at 2:24 PM):
Wouldn't let me just click them ... Lemme try again randomly.

Oh!! Make sure you right click and chose open with... then look for Pview!! Ugh Fail!!! I need to put it in vid
EDIT (Apr 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM):
ok. and when i find the phase files before you copy them and stuff i have a phase file 1 but no 5

all you have is 1 Phase file?

Hmm, when you click on bam files the Pview should come up. I did the same thing you did and it worked for me, but it didn't work since some of the Bam files don't open for me.
EDIT (Apr 15, 2011 at 2:24 PM):

Oh!! Make sure you right click and chose open with... then look for Pview!! Ugh Fail!!! I need to put it in vid
EDIT (Apr 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM):

all you have is 1 Phase file?

no 4

but my computer is old so all this stuff your talking about it may not have we havent downloaded a new version of windows in FOREVER

Uh huh ... ;)
And you didn't mention about typing the cmd on the search (cuz you already got your command prompt screen up and ready) ... I found it by looking at the other guy's YouTube that John put in. But you did a great job, it's ok, we miss something sometimes. :D

Wait ... when I right-click it, I don't have any option to open it with ... And I saved my pview under Users/me/my documents (I don't have any "document" folder under Users). What did I do wrong?

Uh huh ... ;)
And you didn't mention about typing the cmd on the search (cuz you already got your command prompt screen up and ready) ... I found it by looking at the other guy's YouTube that John put in. But you did a great job, it's ok, we miss something sometimes. :D

Wait ... when I right-click it, I don't have any option to open it with ... And I saved my pview under Users/me/my documents (I don't have any "document" folder under Users). What did I do wrong?

when you right click on a BAM File, it doesn't say Open With.... ?

when you right click on a BAM File, it doesn't say Open With.... ?

Nope. :sad1:

OK, if I right-click a .bam file, I have to pick 'Properties', then in general page I can choose to open it with pview (finally ...). BUT after I apply and open it, all I can see is a grey screen. I've checked the Security page and all; everything is 'allowed'. And there is no previous version. Anything else that I can do to open it?

OK, if I right-click a .bam file, I have to pick 'Properties', then in general page I can choose to open it with pview (finally ...). BUT after I apply and open it, all I can see is a grey screen. I've checked the Security page and all; everything is 'allowed'. And there is no previous version. Anything else that I can do to open it?

if its under char it wont work its a animation it has to be under anything then Char then if its still a grey screen press C and hold the right and left mouse button and move it if u dont see an object but if u dont still see it then its not there
EDIT (Apr 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM):
and if wo

and if worse comes to worse then go into the cmd ( command prompt ) and type pview then a space and then the file heres an example

Pview {[(-Insert file name here-)]}
EDIT (Apr 15, 2011 at 6:19 PM):
e
ok, I don't think everyone has Phase File 5

everyone is supposed to have a 5 phase 1 is un-necissary to the files

I Have the same thing, I can't open all the Bam files

I think I opened that first one but with 2-5 I get this error in the Command Prompt: multify.exe-x-fphase_#.mf is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file.
Whats wrong o.o....

I think I opened that first one but with 2-5 I get this error in the Command Prompt: multify.exe-x-fphase_#.mf is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file.
Whats wrong o.o....
These are what you should put in, (one by one)
multify.exe -x -f phase_2.mf
multify.exe -x -f phase_3.mf
multify.exe -x -f phase_4.mf
multify.exe -x -f phase_5.mf

Back