Question Hull I-III with focus on cargo then move to Copperhead hull IV-VI?

Linerax

Wanted Pirate
Or am I forced to choose the armor hull I-III upgrades to able to use Copperhead? How flexible is the hull upgrading tree?

You are more or less 'forced' into choosing the reinforced upgrades to make a copperhead. You could technically do the armor upgrades and then convert your ship to armor III from cargo III but that is mostly a waste of resources.

Well in all sense you don't have to go Armor route you can go to cargo then skull and bones the transfer to copper..
Cargo --> Skull ---> Copper Gold: 512500 Iron: 4500 Steel: 750 Pine: 500 Oak : 1275
Reinforce --> Copper Gold: 37500 Iron: 4875 Steel: 1650 Pine: 150

Well in all sense you don't have to go Armor route you can go to cargo then skull and bones the transfer to copper..
Cargo --> Skull ---> Copper Gold: 512500 Iron: 4500 Steel: 750 Pine: 500 Oak : 1275
Reinforce --> Copper Gold: 37500 Iron: 4875 Steel: 1650 Pine: 150
Will I retain the bonuses of the Cargo hull upgrades when I transfer from Skull and Crossbones to Copperhead?

Not really just a lot of people don't like going armor route because of all that iron cargo route might have more mates and gold but in the end I believe its quicker.. Gold isn't really that hard to get then its 4 different mats which is possible to get at least 5 of each kind per run.. Then armor has a bout 375 more iron needed and over double the amount of steel. I personally know those and Pine are the 3 hardest mats for me to get specifically when I need it.

You can shift over, in either direction, one upgrade path per upgrade without penalty. When you upgrade all the previous upgrades you bought are gone and your ship will only get the stats of the upgrade you have at the moment.

Back