Hurricane Harvey

The storm is over for us as of yesterday afternoon. I was able to see blue sky and sun for the first time in 6 days. My family and I are doing fine. We were extremely lucky because no damage was done to our house, the power didn't even go out.

To give you a perspective of how bad the storm was. 3 days into the storm, Harvey was named the worst rainstorm in American history. The storm lasted for 3 more days after, continuously dumping rain.

The storm is now headed east along the coast towards Louisiana and neighboring states.

For those mates wanting to help out people in Texas, choose a charity that you know where the money is going.

Right now, Wal-mart (love them or hate them) is DOUBLE matching donations made to the American Red Cross. If you give $10, they'll give $20.

Also organizations like Matthew 25 Ministries give 100% of all donations directly to those who need them, materials and money. They have an all volunteer team.

The Humane Society of Southeast Texas is helping rescue the THOUSANDS of stranded pet and farm animals caught in the flood as well.

Back