Discussion Hurricane Irma EMERGENCY WEATHER UPDATE

Like I said in the Hurricane Harvey thread, if you are being told to evacuate, do not wait until the last minute to do so. Try to get out as soon as possible if you are being told to evacuate. It's better to be safe than sorry when dealing with things like these, especially when it makes landfall at Category 4. Do not tempt fate, it will likely end badly.

This isn't even a category 5. This hurricane will be so catastrophic they're adding another notch to the chart and calling it a 6, this will result in MASS DESTRUCTION. This will be even worse than Harvey, so anybody in the way GET OUT OF DODGE. My father has done disaster relief work and he somehow managed to go through the eye of hurricane Katrina that hit louisiana in 2005 with his life. This is absolutely nothing we have seen before. Please take this coming from someone who knows just how destructive this sort of thing can be, the death toll from Katrina was over one thousand. So please, anybody on the gulf or east coast keep your eyes out because there still isn't a sure direction of where it could go.

Sending love and best regards.

This isn't even a category 5. This hurricane will be so catastrophic they're adding another notch to the chart and calling it a 6, this will result in MASS DESTRUCTION. This will be even worse than Harvey, so anybody in the way GET OUT OF DODGE. My father has done disaster relief work and he somehow managed to go through the eye of hurricane Katrina that hit louisiana in 2005 with his life. This is absolutely nothing we have seen before. Please take this coming from someone who knows just how destructive this sort of thing can be, the death toll from Katrina was over one thousand. So please, anybody on the gulf or east coast keep your eyes out because there still isn't a sure direction of where it could go.

Sending love and best regards.
That's false I did research on that and they say they will not add a category 6
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane-central

Last edited:
Regardless, this is going to be a wild storm with some significant damage if things do not change in a hurry. Please everyone, be sure to have your survival kits ready. I posted a link for one of them under the Hurricane Harvey thread. If you need more ideas, a quick search on youtube will yield a TON of good ideas... Cell phone charger is a good idea too in case you lose power... Gas up your car! Leave early if possible... The highways will be congested and you may have to drive several states before you can find lodging. Be sure to pack meds and if possible, request some additional meds in advance just in case. Be sure to prepare a kit for your pets too if applicable. If there is a mandatory evacuation... Go! ... I'm a former firefighter and hurricane response team member and there is no glory in putting yourself and emergency personnel in harm's way needlessly. This particular hurricane appears to be cranking up to be something significant. Whether it ends up being a 4,5, or the debated 6 couldn't really matter less... It's going to be a significant threat and there is still time to act accordingly. Love to you all! Be safe, be SMART, don't panic, research what you will need BEFORE it's too late. <3 AND... once landfall is made... check in with us if possible! We love you and want to make sure we have many, many more years of fun with you in the Caribbean! <3

And sorry if I sound a bit mean in the last post... I have family down that way and I'm saying the same things to them too. Trust me my friends......... *sighs* ......... Once you have had to drag bodies out of the wreckage and water, and had that scarred into your brain and dreams for years down the road, you would take it just that seriously too... No one plans on being a victim... Don't be that 1 in a million statistic my friends.

Regardless, this is going to be a wild storm with some significant damage if things do not change in a hurry. Please everyone, be sure to have your survival kits ready. I posted a link for one of them under the Hurricane Harvey thread. If you need more ideas, a quick search on youtube will yield a TON of good ideas... Cell phone charger is a good idea too in case you lose power... Gas up your car! Leave early if possible... The highways will be congested and you may have to drive several states before you can find lodging. Be sure to pack meds and if possible, request some additional meds in advance just in case. Be sure to prepare a kit for your pets too if applicable. If there is a mandatory evacuation... Go! ... I'm a former firefighter and hurricane response team member and there is no glory in putting yourself and emergency personnel in harm's way needlessly. This particular hurricane appears to be cranking up to be something significant. Whether it ends up being a 4,5, or the debated 6 couldn't really matter less... It's going to be a significant threat and there is still time to act accordingly. Love to you all! Be safe, be SMART, don't panic, research what you will need BEFORE it's too late. <3 AND... once landfall is made... check in with us if possible! We love you and want to make sure we have many, many more years of fun with you in the Caribbean! <3

And sorry if I sound a bit mean in the last post... I have family down that way and I'm saying the same things to them too. Trust me my friends......... *sighs* ......... Once you have had to drag bodies out of the wreckage and water, and had that scarred into your brain and dreams for years down the road, you would take it just that seriously too... No one plans on being a victim... Don't be that 1 in a million statistic my friends.
I have nothing but respect for you Remington. Also everyone be safe!

Stay safe everyone! Here's a hurricane tip if you didn't leave your home for whatever reason:
hurricane-sandy-funny-pictures-6.jpg

Back