I never received my beta key as promised

I was saying talk from the TLOPO Crew. All of those were speculations made by the community iirc.
I even tried to go so far over the top as to get my tongue pushing my cheek out so far that it should have been impossible to ignore, lol, but really? Do we even want more than continued access to the game?

I even tried to go so far over the top as to get my tongue pushing my cheek out so far that it should have been impossible to ignore, lol, but really? Do we even want more than continued access to the game?
You’d have to ask someone that wants something from their beta key. I don’t mind what happens. It’s not a priority of mine. I just loot and hang out with my comrades. Couldn’t be happier

You’d have to ask someone that wants something from their beta key. I don’t mind what happens. It’s not a priority of mine. I just loot and hang out with my comrades. Couldn’t be happier
I'm pretty much the same, spend about half time sailing and half looting lately but really plan to sail more, I was duped into looting by all the carrots offered by the developers. I do wish they would add more cool sailing content, that would be a great beta key gift for me, hint, hint... rofl

t
This is incorrect. Not that I personally care about a beta key holder exclusive reward, but I don't personally care for misinformation, deliberate or not. If you go waaaay back, on the open beta announcement news post over at our friendly neighborhood tlopo.com, you can see this in the FAQ
View attachment 110089
This can be seen here if you don't believe me and wish to see for yourself.
I see where it said a reward would be announced later. Well, the later has not happened yet and that is what I meant about there being no reward because as of yet there is no reward anthat has been announced. Many were debating about whether there should even be a reward. I had a key but really don't see a need for a reward. It was just luck that many of us got keys.

Last edited:
t
I see where it said a reward would be announced later. Well, the later has not happened yet and that is what I meant about there being no reward because as of yet there is no reward anthat has been announced. Many were debating about whether there should even be a reward. I had a key but really don't see a need for a reward. It was just luck that many of us got keys.
It would be like getting a reward for getting a reward... lol

No one here is trying to debate whether or not there should be a reward, I am simply pointing out that one was in fact promised.
Yes, you are right that it was announced that there was to be a reward. I think it's only natural that debate about whether there should be a reward and what it might be would come out of this thread.

Yes, you are right that it was announced that there was to be a reward. I think it's only natural that debate about whether there should be a reward and what it might be would come out of this thread.
Yeah but quite honestly it is an exhausted discussion. It went on and on and on for MONTHS. Granted I do wish the devs would say something about it rather than just hoping we'd all forget. Who knows, maybe they plan on giving us some surprise when the game comes out of beta, idk. All I know is that there is hardly anything to discuss about it anymore, it was definitely exhausted of all points ages ago.

If I recall correctly, there was something said about those who had a Beta Key were getting something special. I don't recall exactly what was said. The "special" thing was also not specified.

Why should there be a reward for owning a beta key? The reward was being able to play the game early.

I think our reward is this cool game, but what do I know I never had a beta key.
Anyone who gets mad or angry over the following is being ridiculous.

1. Not getting a reward for their beta key.
OR
2. Getting triggered and jealous because someone who has a beta key got a reward and those who didn't did not get the reward.

It's a video games guys. If they give us a reward it's likely just going to be a small token of their appreciation for some of us who have been sticking around for a long time. (Yes IK some people have been here a long time and didn't get a key, but most who cared got one.)

Even if it is a bigger reward (which I highly doubt) there's no good reason for getting angry over it. I'm sure they won't give us anything that gives us an unfair advantage over others.

Maybe this is a little off topic but I've had the thought that it would be better to give "the reward" to accounts that logged some minimum amount of hours during semi-open beta rather than to those who were lucky enough to get a key. I think the reward should go to those who did the most testing during the semi-open beta rather than to those who were lucky and found a key.

Maybe this is a little off topic but I've had the thought that it would be better to give "the reward" to accounts that logged some minimum amount of hours during semi-open beta rather than to those who were lucky enough to get a key. I think the reward should go to those who did the most testing during the semi-open beta rather than to those who were lucky and found a key.
I understand your thoughts but it's not entirely "luck" to get a key.

I know some people got beta keys from treasure and were lucky, but I got my key in Alpha. I didn't just get "lucky." I was extremely persistent in joining the IRC chat every day for hours and chatting and waiting for keys. I actually formed part of my schedule around the fact that there was an event which was supposed to have keys at some point.

I understand your thoughts but it's not entirely "luck" to get a key.

I know some people got beta keys from treasure and were lucky, but I got my key in Alpha. I didn't just get "lucky." I was extremely persistent in joining the IRC chat every day for hours and chatting and waiting for keys. I actually formed part of my schedule around the fact that there was an event which was supposed to have keys at some point.
I am saying that those who got in semi-open beta and tested the heck out of the game are more deserving than those who simply got a key whether they worked hard to get it or were given it on a silver platter. The key was a reward really, your reward was that you didn't have to sign up for a play slot in advance and didn't have to wait in a queue to play, and many tried hard to get them but a reward for getting a reward seems funny. Alpha players are a whole different issue which I hope the developers will consider separately.

Back