Idea for Disney Movie Launch

Lexi

Pirate
Wouldn't it be great if Disney gave everyone who went to see the movie a special weapon? or ..... if we tweeted or shared on facebook - a special famed weapon ????? Any of those ideas would cost Disney ZERO money - it's a win win for all involved...... Any thoughts?

Also just curious........ is anyone else wondering why they aren't doing more to promote the movie in the game? For instance, this month's outfits could resemble those in the movie etc....... it just seems like such a missed opportunity on their part. Maybe Disney is just too big to care, but with the economy in the shape it's in ....who can turn down free word of mouth promotion?

Also just curious........ is anyone else wondering why they aren't doing more to promote the movie in the game? ...it just seems like such a missed opportunity on their part. quote]

I have to agree with you. Was thinking the same thing ;)!

İ.
Also just curious........ is anyone else wondering why they aren't doing more to promote the movie in the game? For instance, this month's outfits could resemble those in the movie etc....... it just seems like such a missed opportunity on their part. Maybe Disney is just too big to care, but with the economy in the shape it's in ....who can turn down free word of mouth promotion?
İ Agree the covering was poor ^__^

Those two "divisions" - Walt Disney Pictures and Disney.com - are 2 separate entities with their own company setup and business strategy and do not necessarily connect to each other. The movie is bigger in cost and revenue, I think, and with the nature of a movie enterprise, they already knew the exact schedule when to release the movie (to kick off summer here in my part of country). The Potco division at Disney.com is probably not a big; I even doubt they already knew if they could make it to finish an addition to the game such as Queen Anne's Revenge by the movie release time, much less to add a new system. Maybe I'm being sarcastic here.

I'm not so sure about the Tweeter and Facebook thing connected to the weapon award. It sounds rather complicated to connect an Account ID with Facebook/Tweeter to recognize/track who is entitled to receive a free weapon (then we would have to sign up on Disney Potco FB using our Acct ID, maybe?).

But for the Outfit of the Month, I so agree ... Disney Potco already had that planned way ahead of time. They should know that the movie was done and waiting to be released on May. So they could've used it as an opportunity to get more customers on Potco and used it on Potco big advertisement - like what we discussed on the other thread.
https://piratesforums.co/threads/new-potco-ads.2373/

Maybe it would say, "Get Your Very Own Favorite Potco Character Outfit on May - Don't Miss It!" - or something like that.

Pepsi and other companies are coming out with social media integrated vending machines..... surely Disney being Disney ..... as big as they are can handle a little social media promotion. I know they have the pirate yourself thing on facebook but that is just a copycat of Elf Youself that has been around for years. I know Disney could be more creative than that if they wanted to be.

As for how it works, the best way to do it would probably be through a single web page on facebook or their main site. They already are doing something like it - with the badges on the movie website. For instance if you tweet or retweet you get a badge or "like it" on facebook you get a badge, so they could easily do the same thing for potc members. You would have to be logged in and they would send you a redemption code just like they did for the movie posters.

My overall thought on the whole matter was - it just seems like they missed a huge opportunity at some mega free word of mouth promotion for the game by not having something special for new and exisiting potc members. Why not use an already very loyal fan base to help you promote the movie for free?

They do promotions with randomly generated codes for the videos, wii games and more all the time - including websites like club penguin etc.... If Disney had wanted to do this - they could have very easily. Lots of companies have different divisions, sub companies etc..... It just was not coordinated very well for the POTC-OST Movie.

i didn't even know they had movies of it until last year.... never got around to watching the first ones either :eek:

Well ... I'd still watch this one if I were you, then buy the DVD collection if they come up with one, and then back flash it to the previous ones. That's what I did with Star Wars series ...

Back