Idea: surgeon.

Ygnea

Swashbuckler
I have quite a few friends, (including myself) who really regret their body shape, and skin color that they created their pirate with. It would be a really cool idea to bring a surgeon or something like this, maybe even some type of voodoo or potion, to let you change your pirate's body type or skin color like in character creation. Almost every game I've played has some sort of variation of this. Changing your pirate is obviously doable since we have barbers, and I think this would be a really awesome addition to the game. What are your thoughts?

If this is implemented then name changes should be too. You could just make another pirate the way you want and make it your new main too. Leveling is not hard at all, tbh. Fully max pirate isnt necessary.

If this is implemented then name changes should be too. You could just make another pirate the way you want and make it your new main too. Leveling is not hard at all, tbh. Fully max pirate isnt necessary.
For someone who has 6 legendaries, I'd rather not relevel and make a new pirate.

While I think the concept is definitely interesting, I don't think it should be something that players have free reign over. If a type of cosmetic change for your pirate were to be implemented, I think the best course of action would be to do so in a style similar to Toontown Rewritten's Toon Rewrite system, where you're allowed to completely change the design of your character, but has a strict cooldown of I think 6 months in between.

I think this concept alone would stop players from using the cosmetic surgery system to be able to give players grief and harass them by changing how players might recognize their avatar. Oh- it should also cost a boatload of gold.
:2 cents:

Folks have kicked around the idea of being able to redo your pirate's looks. And i can see someone like Grog or Le Cerdo doing the work if not a voodoo master...

Maybe it could be like re-training to where it gets more expensive each time.

Maybe set it up like changing weapon skills. The first time is cheapest and each time costs more. Some may not have realized how their pirate really looked the first time and one time changing it cheaply would help them but after that I could see it costing more.

Maybe set it up like changing weapon skills. The first time is cheapest and each time costs more. Some may not have realized how their pirate really looked the first time and one time changing it cheaply would help them but after that I could see it costing more.
Yeah, someone already said that earlier ^^

Back