Discussion If you had one guarenteed fantasy input.

It was so buggy that it was removed from the game. What do you mean "a drag to fight"? I always found it my favorite and a total gas, even better than the fleets.
I understand. It needs fixing and that's why this is a beta. Do you have anything that bothers you that maybe you have too many clicks to do, or screens that aren't necessary? Things that make you think, "why is this still in the game"? That's what this thread is about.

Well Im probably missing the point of this as well but im going to say it a 3rd page of inventory or cannon defense!!
Viable ideas and everybody including myself wants those. What mechanical part of playing the game would you eliminate or change? What part hits you as being unnecessary or just plain burdensome. Potions were definitely on topic.
GL

Ok well in that case id definitely have to say Potions by far!
Potions would be a good one for sure. But they can slide for now because I don't think we do potions in the heat of battle where other stuff that makes if difficult to accomplish is what started this thread.

I understand. It needs fixing and that's why this is a beta. Do you have anything that bothers you that maybe you have too many clicks to do, or screens that aren't necessary? Things that make you think, "why is this still in the game"? That's what this thread is about.
You mean this thread is only supposed to be about bugs that are actually in game currently? Sorry, I didn't get that from your original post. If that's the case; I'd say the backfire bug in sailing broadsides.
I certainly can't think of anywhere that there are too many screens or too many clicks; which I don't think qualify as bugs. The game plays generally as potco did, except for bugs, and to my mind that is the goal so I would be against any "fixes" that change how it was in potco by intent.

You mean this thread is only supposed to be about bugs that are actually in game currently? Sorry, I didn't get that from your original post. If that's the case; I'd say the backfire bug in sailing broadsides.
I certainly can't think of anywhere that there are too many screens or too many clicks; which I don't think qualify as bugs. The game plays generally as potco did, except for bugs, and to my mind that is the goal so I would be against any "fixes" that change how it was in potco by intent.
No, not about bugs at all. About things you have to do that you think are archaic, have run their course. My example is a user input that is to me a bad old design that is no longer needed. Original game sentiment aside.
You've seen the newest games with inventory control where kids can select 2 dozen things in nanoseconds while doing 5 other things. Stop action single item selling doesn't add to the good ol' feelings of potco as far as I'm concerned, thus my thoughts with the thread.
There's plenty of other feel good slow things in tlopo that I'm perfectly fine with and actually enjoy, my golden ticket about taking 20 minutes for selling 15 items is not one of them.

Last edited:
No, not about bugs at all. About things you have to do that you think are archaic, have run their course. My example is a user input that is to me a bad old design that is no longer needed. Original game sentiment aside.
In that case, there is nothing to say. The game is supposed to be a recreation with new content for higher lvl players and it is. I'm completely against changing the old parts of the game because someone doesn't like it. I feel strongly that such changes should be limited to new parts of the game that are isolated from the old part by being through entrances and on new islands etc.. Honestly, I'm not really understanding the point or intent of your original post, maybe it rambles a bit and causes me to loose focus?

In that case, there is nothing to say. The game is supposed to be a recreation with new content for higher lvl players and it is. I'm completely against changing the old parts of the game because someone doesn't like it. I feel strongly that such changes should be limited to new parts of the game that are isolated from the old part by being through entrances and on new islands etc..
Okay fine. Thanks for the input.

You missed the point as well. Re-read the topic. While it's a viable suggestion, it's a normal request to improve something that is a normal part of the game and isn't a part of the game that detracts from your actual playing.
Well I didn't technically miss your point. I was just pointing out you missing his point since it had nothing to do with making looting averages better. Regardless that's besides the point (lol)
Maybe he was referring to them fixing enemy AI and returning it to a state similar to how it was in POTCO? Maybe he just really hates enemy AI since its so mundane and weak. Seems to tick all the boxes for what you stated had to be posted if you ask me.

Last edited:
Well I didn't technically miss your point. I was just pointing out you missing his point since it had nothing to do with making looting averages better. Regardless that's besides the point (lol)
Maybe he was referring to them fixing enemy AI and returning it to a state similar to how it was in POTCO? Maybe he just really hates enemy AI since its so mundane and weak. Seems to tick all the boxes for what you stated had to be posted if you ask me.
Game ai is integral to a game as is this game and is dynamically adjusted to game parameters all through beta. It's really nothing users can have input on and is what it is, a fundamental part of tlopo that they decide.
But thanks for the input.
GL

This is correct. The AI is quite honestly boring, and the enemies pose no challenge to fight.
Boring , quite possibly tedious, but a game situation one can change now by moving to a new area. It's not something we're stuck with in a narrow part of game play.
But thanks for the input. GL

Game ai is integral to a game as is this game and is dynamically adjusted to game parameters all through beta. It's really nothing users can have input on and is what it is, a fundamental part of tlopo that they decide.
But thanks for the input.
GL
I realize that this is off topic but you, the original poster, have gone down this path and so I feel compelled to comment: I agree that in general the game AI is weak. In my opinion the AI that existed in potco should stay in the original part of the game but once you start opening new areas with new content then the AI for those areas could and should be improved to provide more challenging adventures for the more advanced players.

Okay. Thanks for the input.

I realize that this is off topic but you, the original poster, have gone down this path and so I feel compelled to comment: I agree that in general the game AI is weak. In my opinion the AI that existed in potco should stay in the original part of the game but once you start opening new areas with new content then the AI for those areas could and should be improved to provide more challenging adventures for the more advanced players.
You're right, you've taken yourself way off the topic, but an interesting subject for a different thread.
But thanks anyways.
GL

The ability to dislike comments on the forums. (Not saying any of the comments on this thread in particular (im also not, NOT saying that)

Back