I'm so ... 'incredible'! ;P

JadeOHayes

Site Founder
I know this is very random ... but let's hear it, if you dare! People say that the ability to laugh at ourselves shows how big our hearts are. And it also showes wisdom. Not just point fingers at others, but also to ourselves. :D I'm in need of a good laugh right now, so here it is ...

I thought I was smart ... but not always! :p I already knew that, but when it happened, all I could say was "OMG! How dumb am I ... "

Two nights ago I wanted to eat ice cream. I opened my freezer and took a tub of ice cream and saw that the metal ice cream scooper was there. Well, actually I did leave it there from the last time I had it. I didn't usually leave the ice cream scooper inside the tub, and for some 'odd' reason, I thought it would be easier for next time to just leave the ice cream scooper there. My mind went on vacation, apparently, because it didn't register to me what the consequences would be if I left a metal material in a frozen environment.

So I scooped some ice cream, and seeing that there was some ice cream left on the scooper ... yep, you've guessed it! I brought to my mouth and licked it! If you ever saw cartoons or even funny comic strips, you could imagine what happened afterwards ... That ice cream scooper was stuck on my lip and tongue! And I pulled it frantically. This can't be happening, I thought. It would not come off of my tongue and I had to stop and think for a minute. (If there had been a hidden camera somewhere that took my moment, I could have almost bet you what I'd be winning the America's funniest video!). I knew I was going to get hurt really badly if I continued on. Then I ran to the faucet and grabbed some water and drizzled it on to my mouth. Finally the metal scooper came off. But the damaged has already been done. :sad1: I can't hardly open my mouth right now because it hurts and is swollen ... Well, at least somebody can learn from it: Do not lick frozen metal; your tongue will get stuck and ripped, and it hurts! ;)

So if you have a funny experience and don't mind people laughing at you, please share here. At least somebody can learn NOT to do it! :D TRUE STORY ONLY please!

that happened to me before, but with an Ice cube. It pulls your taste buds off! It actually stuck on to the Ice cube, my tongue was sore for a few days after that

Well when i was a kid my softball coach had thrown a pop-fly, i of course ran up to catch it. Well i ran a little too far and it hit me right smack in the face. The next day i woke up to find half my face PURPLE!!! :oops: The next thing you know my grandfather says "Maybe next time you won't catch the ball with your face." Well of course i never did that again...

So if you play baseball/ softballl always take two steps back on a pop-fly no matter if it looks like you have to run up on it or else you'll end up with half a purple face like i did. xD

I know this is very random ... but let's hear it, if you dare! People say that the ability to laugh at ourselves shows how big our hearts are. And it also showes wisdom. Not just point fingers at others, but also to ourselves. :D I'm in need of a good laugh right now, so here it is ...

I thought I was smart ... but not always! :p I already knew that, but when it happened, all I could say was "OMG! How dumb am I ... "

Two nights ago I wanted to eat ice cream. I opened my freezer and took a tub of ice cream and saw that the metal ice cream scooper was there. Well, actually I did leave it there from the last time I had it. I didn't usually leave the ice cream scooper inside the tub, and for some 'odd' reason, I thought it would be easier for next time to just leave the ice cream scooper there. My mind went on vacation, apparently, because it didn't register to me what the consequences would be if I left a metal material in a frozen environment.

So I scooped some ice cream, and seeing that there was some ice cream left on the scooper ... yep, you've guessed it! I brought to my mouth and licked it! If you ever saw cartoons or even funny comic strips, you could imagine what happened afterwards ... That ice cream scooper was stuck on my lip and tongue! And I pulled it frantically. This can't be happening, I thought. It would not come off of my tongue and I had to stop and think for a minute. (If there had been a hidden camera somewhere that took my moment, I could have almost bet you what I'd be winning the America's funniest video!). I knew I was going to get hurt really badly if I continued on. Then I ran to the faucet and grabbed some water and drizzled it on to my mouth. Finally the metal scooper came off. But the damaged has already been done. :sad1: I can't hardly open my mouth right now because it hurts and is swollen ... Well, at least somebody can learn from it: Do not lick frozen metal; your tongue will get stuck and ripped, and it hurts! ;)

So if you have a funny experience and don't mind people laughing at you, please share here. At least somebody can learn NOT to do it! :D TRUE STORY ONLY please!
Aww poor you, but you really explained it good and my imagination is good as well, hehe sorry for laughing. I just could have imagine if you were a child not aloud getting the Ice cream, you would have a hard time explaining why the ice cream scooper was stuck to your tongue.

that happened to me before, but with an Ice cube. It pulls your taste buds off! It actually stuck on to the Ice cube, my tongue was sore for a few days after that

Yeah that happened to me before too! I think i was like 8 when it happened and it hurt to eat. All i remeber people asking me is "Why aren't you eating?" Then i had to explain to them what had happened... :oops: I did get laughed at a few times and at the time i was like "It's not funny!" but now i look back at it and start to laugh. :p

I remember I did something really silly, one summer I went with a friend to watch him play golf. To spare you the details, I'll put it this way, never stand near a golf club when it's in a backswing!

Alright so -
A few years ago at school when I was young, the teachers decided to host a sledding party in the back of the school. Everybody brought their sleds.
Our sledding area was right in front of a metal fence.
So I went down the hill a few times and noticed the snow was very slippery. The bottom of my sled was very slippery also, so I was slippin' and slidin'!
I thought it would be really fun to go down on my stomach!
So I went down on my stomach, and because the sled and the snow were so slippery, I was going FAST. And before I knew it... I had a face full of fence!
IT HURT.
I cut the area above my top lip and almost had to get stitches because the cut was so deep. My lip was then swollen for about a week. It hurt to eat and talk.
ALWAYS SIT UP WHEN SLEDDING NEAR FENCES!

Once I was playing outside on my bike and I was riding just holding it with one hand, and I did not see a pebble right in front of my face, My bike hit the pebble and the wheel went right and my arm hit the ground first then the rest of my body. And My leg hit the pedal and it scraped 85% of leg-skin and it hurt really bad when my mum put alcohol on my leg..
NEVER RIDE YOUR BIKE WITH ONE HAND NEAR GRAVELLY SIDEWALKS.

Back