Im Thinking About Making My Own Guild Thoughts?

Hector Scurvybones

Site Founder
Hi guys im thinking about making a new guild and leave spania but idk yet anyone think i should leave or if i would be a good guild leader if so anyone got some cool names for my guild i was thinking No Limits what do u think?

I've talked with others who have left Spania and tried to start up their own and it hasn't worked out so well. Having your own guild takes lots of time and dedication I would really think about it and maybe talk to other people who have started their own. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not. I'm sure you could be a good guild leader, but be prepared for lots of work and hours in the game. Whatever you decide I wish you the best.

So your planning on leaving the game and you want to make your own guild.

Kind of my thoughts as well, Hector. Perhaps, you should try to figure out whether you want to continue with the game first. It will be hard to lead a guild if you find your enjoyment in the game wavering. To be a great guild leader you have to really enjoy the game and place a lot of time and patience into it otherwise the guild and its members will suffer. Consider what makes Spania really great and if that is really something you want to leave behind. Aside from that most everyone has a guild so kick starting a guild would be difficult and time consuming in order to yield the results you want.

Hector, I have been around a long time. People will follow ye if ye are a dedicated, fair leader and know whom to appoint to positions of authority. Guild building is an art and a science.Rules are essential. Google "servant leadership" for a guide to good leadership qualities and read Steven Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and Jim Collins' "Good To Great." But I think ye are already in such a guild. Spania has outstanding leadership. That is why it has staying power.

Make another character and have them make a guild, then you don't have to leave Spainia.
EDIT (Nov 29, 2010 12:05 AM):
Make another character and have them make a guild, then you don't have to leave Spainia.

Hector, I have been around a long time. People will follow ye if ye are a dedicated, fair leader and know whom to appoint to positions of authority. Guild building is an art and a science.Rules are essential. Google "servant leadership" for a guide to good leadership qualities and read Steven Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and Jim Collins' "Good To Great." But I think ye are already in such a guild. Spania has outstanding leadership. That is why it has staying power.

Very well said John..

EDIT (Nov 29, 2010 12:05 AM):

If someone is in multiple guilds thats kinda messed up in my opinion they should be dedicated to one guild if they feel they need to create another guild or join another guild then they are pretty much saying spania or whatever guild isn't enough for me. In my opinion if you aren't happy with your current guild then just leave and save them the drama.

If you do decide to start your own guild, I really do wish you the best of luck, but you have to think about it a lot before you start. A long time ago I had started my own guild, but it didn't work out so well... It never got past 50 members, and at least half of them were really low lvl basic pirates. On the other hand, I got to meet some really cool people, and had a lot of fun. The thing is, it takes a lot of time and energy to keep a guild going. The GM of the guild that I'm currently in with 2 of my other pirates does a really good job of keeping it going and fresh, but she spends a ton of time and energy on it. After awhile, when I had my guild, I spent more time with my other pirates than I did with Chris, and unfortunately it started to deteriorate. At the time I hadn't realized how much work running a guild really is. I would suggest getting a good group of people together before you actually start the guild, to make sure that you have people that you can count on to help keep the guild growing and fun. By the way, just because I love the guild that 2 of my other pirates are in doesn't mean that I don't love you guys too, Spania is pretty awesome :)
(Sorry about the awkward short comment before, I messed up and then my internet was down :( )

I've been on guilds as big as Spania. Bigger doesen't exactly mean better.All the large guilds boast high numbers,400 to 500 members, How many of that count in any of the large guilds are on anymore? Check the guild roster on a good day there may be 15 on the game. Out of that 4 t0 5hundred how many left the game for a year ,2years maybe 3 and there names are never taken off the list. Bigger is not always better.Alot of large guilds only care about numbers so they can boast about it.

it's really hard to start a new guild or to find one to join for that matter. after my first guild broke up ( spartian savvy ) i went guildless for weeks, turning down about a million guild invites. i finely got hooked up with wrath of ravens. a new guild about 6 months old now. this guild is not about out doing other guilds or groups. this guild is about fellowship, friendship and just plain having fun as a group playing the game. we help each other with quests and leveling, and oh ya we like to chat alot. our gm ( raven trueheart ) has a heart as big as texas, she is still learning the ropes of running a guild, but learning quickly. she now puts a stop to all drama and boots pirates if they just don't workout. she is running her guild more like the great leader of spania does and the guild thrives. this may not be for everyone, but it sure works for this pirate.:flag:

Hector, when i first started playing this game as heartrage, i made my own guild and yes it grew very fast, thanks to, two very special people, Captain Redhorn (ty), and Zoro, (ty to him also), i consider them to be forever friends, but they saw what i went thru trying to keep track of everyone, as they all want your attention, and feel if you cant give it at that moment they get offended and want to leave. I also had a big problem with, and i know you wont have to deal with this one, but every guy would say to me, if i join will you be my gf? SCREAM! Mostly, its keeping everyone interested, busy, and the conversation going (i never have a problem with that lol). And as for leaving Spania, dont make a rash decision as i did, is hard to get back in, once you leave. Spania is truly like a family, with caring people, some get out of hand, but i learned they cant control everyone at every second, and not everyone has to like you, and most of all i learned, i need to use the ignore button, hehe. The women here are all nice (love you Molly!)( and no, not in that way guys, get your mind out of the gutter!) :mad:lol, and the men are respectful, is hard to find that in a guild.:flag:
EDIT (Dec 10, 2010 7:27 PM):
Hi guys im thinking about making a new guild and leave spania but idk yet anyone think i should leave or if i would be a good guild leader if so anyone got some cool names for my guild i was thinking No Limits what do u think?

As for the name, No Limits, that sounds like a great name for a guild, one that gives inspiration. It could mean different things to different people, such as you dont discriminate between a level one and level 50. To me, that is a rare quality in a person, acceptance. And you may inspire, higher levels with that name, that they can strive to be the best at what they enjoy, and share their knowledge with others. If you have a high level pirate,, you may decide to create a lower level, as sometimes is easier to play and recruit people by showing them places to go to level up, and invite them to the guild. If a lower level had someone to just show them some things, a 1 would be a 15 in a week. (or me, a day) Or you have a high level pirate go play at the fort with a doll, and heal the lower levels so they can hit twice as high, you make lot of contacts and friends that way to. There are all kinds of ways to meet people, and get them inspired to join, just by showing how you can help them, and by showing that you care. That is what makes people want to stay in a guild, a feeling of belonging. And I know you to be a good person, and i think you would do well. But i know spania would miss you, dont leave the forum though, i like your posts.:rolleyes:

* Hector, I wish you all the best in your decision ('whichever' way you may choose).

"Aye," it is true that beginning your own guild is difficult. With that being said, it is also exciting & fun. If you decide to embark on your own as GM, I would spend some time thinking about what type of guild you most desire to have. In other words, preparation & planning is essential so as to gain the most reward out of beginning your guild.

I would suggest to decide on the following:
  • Think of a "cool" guild name; A name that will be keep you motivated as GM & that will attract attention of other players.
  • Decide in the beginning what remains most important to you as GM. In other words, "answer" for yourself the question of whether total QUALITY v.s. QUANTITY of pirates will be valued by you as the guild master.
  • Have a unique approach as to how you will invite others to join your guild & sustain they're desire to remain.
You have to market your guild much in the same way as if you were selling a product or "idea." That, along with a strong sense of belief within your guild will help you become successful within the Caribbean as GM.

Hope this helps...These are a few of my own observations..., lol. :popcorn:

Back