Suggestion Immersive Enemy Ship Battles

Would you want to see Navy and Jolly Roger ships battle each other?

• Yes

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Rumblestrut

Buccaneer
As the title states, could immersive ship battles happen between Jolly Roger ships and Navy ships? I've noticed that they don't fight each other out at sea like how they do with the Navy guards and the Jolly Roger minions/allies in places such as the woods of Port Royal. Any chance of this being added?

(EDIT) (INCLUDING HUNTERS IN THE POLL) ALSO: How about they still fight each other even if the player joins in? To make things even more interesting, how about the Navy and the Hunters fight each other as they try to sink you so it looks like they want to really claim that bounty for themselves! (Even the Jolly Roger ships will fight the Hunters and Navy ships too; although they don't care about the bounty!)

Notice: The Jolly Roger ships, Hunters, and Navy ships would be able to sink and damage each other if this was added!

Last edited:
would love to see this. hate seeing a man-o-war sitting right beside a revenant and them just being like "sup." unfortunately I feel this could cause issues if it happens too often, such as the player not being able to find enough ships for a quest or just have enough ships for plundering. maybe this could be implemented but in such a way as that there are rates for it to happen, so if 2 ships of an opposite faction are sitting beside each other, there is a low-medium chance that it will happen.

Well i would clearly like to see that happen. But as we know if you walk in Governor's Garden or Tortuga's Wildwoods you can see Navy Soldiers fighting against the undead. They don't damage one another tho. Their fight is scripted to look like a fight. This is to show us that lore-wise The Royal Navy is still fighting against Jolly Roger's army. So why can't we have the very same type of behavior on the sea ?

However this type of behavior is somehow flawed. In game if you attack the soldier the skeleton should attack you too which is good. But if you attack the skeleton the soldier will attack you too which is not good.

This should work like this to be right: you see the undead and the navy fighting, you attack the undead... then navy will assist you until you prove hostile to them. Same on the sea... if you see a Ravenant fighting a Man-O-War, at first they will fight only for show not taking actual damage. If you attack the ghost ship they will fight for good and the Man-O-War will assist you... at least until you prove to be hostile or if you have already attacked a navy/eitc ship.

Why should the Navy attack a Ghost Ship... well first of all maybe because before anything Jolly Roger is still a pirate. And the Navy has a bounty on his head.

It would be nice, considering Jolly Roger sort of became an afterthought in the original game, existing just so the player had zombies to fight

There was a bug earlier in the year (which was fixed) where enemy npc ships would fight each other. I always kind of enjoyed watching these little navel battles.

...and then promptly sinking them both after they'd done most of the work for me. Mwahaha.

Back