Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for everyone's support, I understand many are confused, and rightfully so.
I will do my best to explain what has happened and why, and where to go from here.

When this forum was founded, it was done so by myself and a pirate named Treasurer. A few months back over a disagreement, Treasurer voluntarily stepped down. He was not asked or forced to.

Early on when setting up the site, Treasurer purchased our former address (.com) for us to use. I purchased the server and set the software up, created this design, and developed and added to the forums. I will say, though, that this forum would most definitely not be the success it is without Treasurer's help.

In the best interests of the site, yesterday we switched over to a domain we have control over, https://piratesforums.co. Initially, the .com was redirected here. Within hours, through no doing of our own, Treasurer took the .com away from us and pointed it to a new site. We have no control over that site and are not affiliated with it in any way.

All your posts, accounts, threads, photos, are safe. Nothing has been compromised and nothing has really changed at all, other than our address. Please be careful not to be mislead, this is the same exact Pirates Forums that you all knew yesterday.

I am open to questions, but please post them in this thread, not in a conversation, and not on my profile. It is getting difficult to keep up.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks Davy for explaining this. What i want to know though is. Do you have any clue why Treasurer started a new forums?
I suppose he was provoked by us switching from the address he owned to .co, but honestly I'm not entirely sure I guess.

Also, duplicate answers in this thread will be removed without notice. Trying to keep it as clean as possible, please understand.

My questions:
Would you or your staff be offended if I participated in both Forums? And, are you making everyone choose?

I have friends here. I have friends there. I don't want to choose between them. I am not trying to offend one forum or another. I know this isn't fair for everyone, and if I decide not to take a side could that cause potential issues for me & everyone who uses this forum or the other?

My questions:
Would you or your staff be offended if I participated in both Forums? And, are you making everyone choose?
Well, I'll say I understand your reasoning, and I certainly won't make anybody choose, that's ridiculous. I just want people to have a clear understanding of what happened and how. I feel most for those who missed the memo and are confused about where we've gone right now.

sad day for sure. when i went to piratesforums.co i was no longer a member and all the posts were gone, i was bewildered and lost. more like crushed. calos/treasurer was not saying much about what had happened. thanks to a couple of good friends in spania i was given a heads as to where to find you guys. my day got much brighter. bad things just happen and it is sad, but i've been through stuff like this before and time heals all. thank davy for explaining what went down. their will be a big hold in spania now that your gone. only time will tell the fate of this great guild. life has shown me nothing is forever.:flag:

sad day for sure. when i went to piratesforums.co i was no longer a member and all the posts were gone, i was bewildered and lost. more like crushed. calos/treasurer was not saying much about what had happened. thanks to a couple of good friends in spania i was given a heads as to where to find you guys. my day got much brighter. bad things just happen and it is sad, but i've been through stuff like this before and time heals all. thank davy for explaining what went down. their will be a big hold in spania now that your gone. only time will tell the fate of this great guild. life has shown me nothing is forever.:flag:
Aye, it is sad. By the way, isn't Carlos/Treasurer the GM of Spania?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back