Important Safety Reminder for All Pirates (07/23/13)

Disney will be no help when it comes to events such as that, as sad as it is. Not sure if you know, but a member of the group Anonymous has supposedly taken down the guys who hacked and deleted Cory's account, and it can be seen here.

Don't believe everything you read or see... Do you really think AnonSecrets would post that, since he is 'supposedly being taken down'... Or would the group Anonymous actually post it (so they can take credit for it...)

Don't believe everything you read or see... Do you really think AnonSecrets would post that, since he is 'supposedly being taken down'... Or would the group Anonymous actually post it (so they can take credit for it...)

I don't think it's the real anonymous, but I can say what they did is 110% true.

I don't think AnonSecrets would make theirselves look bad in any circumstance. They just wanted the reputation of hackers who you should be scared of. They don't accomplish this by deleting their past videos and posting this new video. So I do think it is someone else, not AnonSecrets, however not "The Anonymous." Not the true anonymous anyways. They would not waste their time with this.

They don't accomplish this by deleting their past videos and posting this new video. So I do think it is someone else, not AnonSecrets, however not "The Anonymous." Not the true anonymous anyways. They would not waste their time with this.
Do tell, matey, do tell! Leave no tale untold I say!
My friends, we are ALL being deceived. :flag1: This someone else is ADAM (better known as 'Adam Zx' on facebook). Why do I say this? What proof do I have? Please read below for further details...

Before the "Anonymous" video came out on the AnonSecrets youtube channel, I had saved the link to that channel because (at the time) there were only 2 videos uploaded to it with first (1st) video explaining the stolen account of Cory while the second (2nd) video explaining the stolen account of Ian. Both accounts of these players were deliberately stolen by Adam. Why do I say this? Because I have listened to the audio on another video of Adam's (different youtube 'channel') to where his voice is being heard as he is shown deleting all of the items and weapons from a pirate named Hector. From the video which concerned itself with the account of Hector, his boldy states his name as "Adam Zx."

So to recap. The admittance of his name/comparison of his voice on either the Cory, Ian, or Hector videos all prove that it is Adam whom is behind such deeds. Unfortunately, all 3 videos are no longer available for viewing on youtube. It is of my opinion that they were taken down by the channel owner.

For those of you whom believe that the group Anonymous did in fact "pay back" Adam for his behavior, tell me - what basis would they have to go after him when they busy themselves by focusing instead upon larger corporations or organizations? Would they simply "listen" to a few POTCO players regarding Adam and focus upon himself instead?

While I know that I don't have all the answers, logic tells me that the odds of this AnonSecrets video being the work of a notorious group is quite the "long shot," especially considering that Adam controlled that particular youtube channel before the video came out. IF the Anonymous group did in fact take care of Adam, why then is there a LINK within that video's description box if you view the video on youtube?

As a matter of precaution, never click on that link because (I can tell you) the odds are great that this is just another one of Adam's schemes so that he can obtain further POTCO accounts via this AnonSecrets video and the subsequent "link" which may contain a virus/keylogger program to gain your information. :sad1: Adam is either deceiving everyone (by posing as a 'victim' of the group Anonymous) or he, himself, is a member of the group which poses the question why would someone whom spends the majority of their time leveling up on Padres and stealing other players account when he could be doing something "bigger" for that group? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends, we are ALL being deceived. :flag1: This someone else is ADAM (better known as 'Adam Zx' on facebook). Why do I say this? What proof do I have? Please read below for further details...

Before the "Anonymous" video came out on the AnonSecrets youtube channel, I had saved the link to that channel because (at the time) there were only 2 videos uploaded to it with first (1st) video explaining the stolen account of Cory while the second (2nd) video explaining the stolen account of Ian. Both accounts of these players were deliberately stolen by Adam. Why do I say this? Because I have listened to the audio on another video of Adam's (different youtube 'channel') to where his voice is being heard as he is shown deleting all of the items and weapons from a pirate named Hector. From the video which concerned itself with the account of Hector, his boldy states his name as "Adam Zx."

So to recap. The admittance of his name/comparison of his voice on either the Cory, Ian, or Hector videos all prove that it is Adam whom is behind such deeds. Unfortunately, all 3 videos are no longer available for viewing on youtube. It is of my opinion that they were taken down by the channel owner.

For those of you whom believe that the group Anonymous did in fact "pay back" Adam for his behavior, tell me - what basis would they have to go after him when they busy themselves by focusing instead upon larger corporations or organizations? Would they simply "listen" to a few POTCO players regarding Adam and focus upon himself instead?

While I know that I don't have all the answers, logic tells me that the odds of this AnonSecrets video being the work of a notorious group is quite the "long shot," especially considering that Adam controlled that particular youtube channel before the video came out. IF the Anonymous group did in fact take care of Adam, why then is there a LINK within that video's description box if you view the video on youtube?

As a matter of precaution, never click on that link because (I can tell you) the odds are great that this is just another one of Adam's schemes so that he can obtain further POTCO accounts via this AnonSecrets video and the subsequent "link" which may contain a virus/keylogger program to gain your information. :sad1: Adam is either deceiving everyone (by posing as a 'victim' of the group Anonymous) or he, himself, is a member of the group which poses the question why would someone whom spends the majority of their time leveling up on Padres and stealing other players account when he could be doing something "bigger" for that group? :confused:

Reading this just helped me a lot Shamus thank you. Right now I am very disgust that this person is doing this to innocent people on the game. In a matter of fact shouldn't we report this to the authorities? Because POTCO is not doing much right now.

I'm BAFFLED beyond belief that people actually believe the police or any authority will get involved. They do not care about trivial hacking in a children's game...they are focusing on real crimes such as murder, assault, burglary....etc

I'm BAFFLED beyond belief that people actually believe the police or any authority will get involved. They do not care about trivial hacking in a children's game...they are focusing on real crimes such as murder, assault, burglary....etc

Well its something :/ That's all we got left...

:/
I can only read all of this and reflect.
Why do people who are talented and are savvys in technology and computing and stuff of the like, spend their time and resources on deeds so miserable, so low, and so looser-like such as hacking and spoiling other people's game-play ( even worse, taking into a account that this is a game were many players are children ), when they could be doing something productive ( idk.... invent a new useful application, make themselves millionaires with a brand new idea that can be used by other people... etc.... )?..... it makes you think and realize how sometimes intelligence and talent are given to those who are not worth enough to have them.

What's the objective of this? I just cannot think of it....

I mean, ( and I've said this before ) even for the criminal standards : if you are capable, and really are the kind of person who would steal or harm someone hiding from behind a computer, you cannot be THat pathetic to spend your time hacking children and spoiling their fun. Idk go after something "bigger", steal a bigger bounty, go after a large corporation.... do something that at least is worth doing in terms of profits. Cuz lol, i cannot think of something more worthless ( taking morality and honor aside, as these people do.... ), than hacking children accounts---- :p Even for the world in which They Live they are just pathetic!
Lol its like the phrase : "If you are going to be a bad person and steal, then steal LARGE" lol

Philosophical-spam aside, I'm afraid Shamus is right. The videos were apparently deleted, as were their channels/accounts. The notorious group would hardly find it worth-their-time to focus on a children's game...

A way to check if you are keylogged is going to Task Manager, Processes, and check if you have more than a process called " winlogon.exe "
:p

I was not the first to learn this, and did not even find out about it until several people started telling me about how "Anonymous had stolen Adam's Youtube account." Even after seeing the video, I'm still skeptical that this really is Anonymous.

1 - I agree with what Shamus says. Anonymous has been called the "Internet's Army." What point is it making for a group of hacktivists to stop a hacker from a video game? And how exactly is that "protecting freedom of speech and press" and all the things that Anonymous became notorious for enforcing?

2 - People have said that the ethnicity, full name, address, and IP addresses of Adam and Damian are in the comments. I can confirm that they are. This is the only thing that has me hesitate. Why would that kind of info willingly be placed online? Then again, why does this person that is not Adam, Damian, nor AnonSecrets post the info? Not to mention, who's to say that the info is even real?

3 - In the AnonSecrets video, it is said that "We have cut their (Adam and Damian's) Internet connection...... .... and fried both their computers."

Ok, I know Anonymous can do some pretty cool things, but as far as I know those are not possible for any hackers to accomplish, no matter how skilled.

4 - I just noticed that the video is gone. The AnonSecrets account has been terminated according to Youtube. If it really was Anonymous that had done this, why not leave the account up as an example to any other troublemakers?

I don't know where Anonymous came in to the question. I am going to ask to everyone what does it matter to a hacking community what happens in an E 10+ Video Game? Why would they care? Surely there arre other places in the internet they can go bash around for not enforcing this and that. Pirates Online? That just.... It does not make sense. Keylogging is present but it is nothing more than this. I don't think Anonymous or anyone from there has anything to really do with this. I think that some idiot decided to keylog some kids and even some people of older age. It really is hard to believe Anonymous has anything to do with this period.

Hi, I have to agree that this seems to be far more dramatic and conspiratorial than it probably is. This whole thread assumes that there are great minds at work and that Pirates and its players are having items of commercial value taken. I would hate to lose my pirate in any way and I recognize the time and effort taken by all of us to get what we have in our characters but these have little value outside of our community.

There would never be police action taken for several key reasons. First, there has to be a crime against property or person that can be demonstrated in court and there is neither of those involved in these cases. No prosecutor would ever take this to court unless it was April 1st. Secondly, before they would act there would have to be a victim to press charges and there is no one that I see going in to file these. Finally, what jurisdiction would take on this task of investigating this "crime" against our pirates. So now that we have nixed that preposterous idea we can move on to more logical discussions.

The idea that this is the act of an organized internet group seem fairly ludicrous to me as well. The actions being demonstrated seem to be pointless in value and make no statement other than we are mean and want to hurt kids. I don't think any group wants to back that idea.

So the only logical perpetrator of these acts is a handful of mean spirited kids with way too much time and way too few morals and parental supervision. I have said this before but I can say it again. No outside contact and don't give out your password. No buts, no exceptions and no excuses. I saw a reply previously about get real, you can't expect us not to use social media, blah blah blah. Well if you do than you put yourself at risk and can't be helped. As one admin said, I click on links from people I think are safe and get key logged. could be worse, they could steal your real life identity...so you better learn the rules of internet safety now while you are just kids. Ever see those freaky shows about "to catch a predator"? Very scary stuff, so I can't say it enough...no contact outside game and you will always be safe.

I despise these people and I hope we all make it as hard on them as we can to live in our little world. They won't change but perhaps they will move on to other venues....

The idea that this is the act of an organized internet group seem fairly ludicrous to me as well. The actions being demonstrated seem to be pointless in value and make no statement other than we are mean and want to hurt kids. I don't think any group wants to back that idea.
To be clear, it was "claimed" that an organized internet group took out a POTCO hacker whom was stealing accounts from players via a virus and/or keylogger (embedded) link. However, strong evidence points in the direction that this hacker made up the whole thing on account of himself playing down the heightened awareness or to further exploit and/or compromise other players' account via a link which was included within a video showcasing said, organized internet group. Also, this individual is likely a young adult or an adult rather than a kiddo.

This individual is known to have compromised a total of 4 POTCO accounts via a link which involved a virus and/or keylogger (embedded) link.

Therefore as Griffin mentioned, do your best to limit your "outside contact" you do have as a result of playing POTCO and never, ever open an email, website, or link which you do not recognize as legitimate or from a trusted source (even 'fake' emails from facebook can have viruses so be careful).

First, I sincerely hope that no one here believes for one moment that Anonymous has even cared the slightest iota about an amateur keylogger hack like Adam Zx. The AnonSecrets profile was where Adam or whoever first posted their bragging videos. Morons didn't even bother making a 2nd profile to cover themselves.

As for Disney's response, their description of a keylogger is grossly inaccurate.

The first part has nothing to do with the function of a keylogger. Any unknown application you happen to install or start installing from a friendly looking link could be one of these programs. Like shareware, the keylogger quietly records goings on in your computer - namely what you are typing.

At some point, the keylogger program uses your internet to send a message containing all of your keystrokes you made that day or whenever.

This is very dangerous, because you have now released not just your game password, but your social media passwords, business IDs and also potentially financial information like your PayPal account and password or your bank account info.

This goes beyond a simple game hacking. This is potentially a felony crime. Either Adam and his little tittering girlfriends don't realize the seriousness or they are convinced that their anonymity will protect them from prosecution. They better pray they're right.

People believe that the police or any authority will get involved because it says right there in Disney's Terms of Agreement:

Gonna have to click the picture the old-fashioned way, the URL for it isn't working for some reason.

Attachments

• Illegal_Activity_Can_Mean_You_Are_Turned_In_To_Law-Enforcement.png
    Illegal_Activity_Can_Mean_You_Are_Turned_In_To_Law-Enforcement.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 114
People believe that the police or any authority will get involved because it says right there in Disney's Terms of Agreement:

Gonna have to click the picture the old-fashioned way, the URL for it isn't working for some reason.

:) Thank you David for posting that picture for us. :DI wonder if Disney already contacted the authorities since we kept reporting these issues that we have on the game.

:) Thank you David for posting that picture for us. :DI wonder if Disney already contacted the authorities since we kept reporting these issues that we have on the game.

I highly doubt it. This just says that Disney has the ability to contact the authorities. They won't do anything, mark my words.

The only way Disney would ever contact the authorities is if someone got killed or something of that seriousness that was connected to this game. Something of stealing is pretty petty.

That is just in there so they cannot get sued when much more issues such as murder...stalking...etc do arise.

Back