Glitch In-game Sound and Music Issues

Nightingale

Honorable Pirate
I can't get any in game sounds to play. The game started, and nothing was playing. Then it began playing sounds for about 10 minutes after connecting my Bluetooth headset to my laptop. Then, when I disconnected my headset, it stopped playing sounds again, despite every other application on my laptop playing sounds over the speaker fine. I have reinstalled the game since, still no sound. I have reconnected my Bluetooth headset, no sound. I need my nostalgic Pirates sounds... :(

I'm about to go for a full laptop restart and see if that helps. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a fix?

Edit: I don't know if this needs to be said, but I have checked in-game and sound mixer settings. Should be working fine. My sound mixer is one of those that shows the current volume/intensity of each application, and it shows no sound coming through pirates at all.

Update: Restarted my computer. It asked to update some sound drivers, so I did that.

Still no sound in-game...

Ahoy!

Have you tried running TLOPO as administrator? Also might be worth checking if you can update your OS (I hear Win 10 can have these issues)

Warmest Regards,
L.S

Make sure you when you start TLOPO you have the device you want audio playback to be through to be plugged in and ready to go. Many games and software do not have the ability to swap to a different hardware audio playback when open, although most modern software does (TLOPO is not modern). This could also be related to whatever you have set to your default playback device (if you're on windows).

If on windows 10...
  1. Right click the sound icon
  2. Select "Open Sound Settings"
    1575517881915.png

3. On the right-hand side select "Sound Control Panel"
    1575518000909.png
  4. Find your device in the "Playback" tab (you may have to right click and select "Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices")
  5. Click it and select "Set Default"
    1575518066204.png
If you're still having issues make sure you take note of what I said above, but also try contacting TLOPO support directly at support@tlopo.com

Ok, that's good to know switching devices while the game is open may not work well.I checked my sound control panel, my speakers are already my default device.

Luckily, the issue seems to have fixed itself, as I just loaded up the game without changing any settings and it's playing sound fine. It's possible the TLOPO update fixed it, or my computer updated while I was out. If it happens again and nothing you guys suggest works, I'll email support.

Thanks guys!

Back