Suggestion Increase All Potion Duration(s)

Do You Agree With Buffing Potion Duration?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
As many of you may know, it takes about 2-3 mins to create a potions. [For some it takes even longer...] - A majority of the community has made fun of, laughed, and flat out skipped the idea of brewing potions for any other reason besides the requirement for the Raven's Cove Quest [Level 8]

I would like to suggest a simple buff to potions duration to make it WORTH brewing the potions for combat, leveling, and gold use.

A normal Swift Foot III only last 6 minute (360 seconds) - The fastest a normal potion brewing pirate can make this potion in is roughly 2-3 mins. So you're only able to enjoy the rewards of your [Max of 5 potion type] for a insignificant 30 minutes. That you spent nearly 15 mins brewing... Starting to see the flaw?
latest

latest

I am just recommending a minor and simple buff to the duration of ALL potions... increase the duration of potions 2x or 3x across the broad to make them a viable and enjoyable for the community.

So instead of Swift Foot III lasting 6 mins, it will last 12 or 18 minutes. Something that is a reasonable amount of time to brew that won't negativity effect the community in anyway. Also, it would make a "dead" aspect of the game worth the effort. [As I am sure the developers from Disney were planning to expand upon anyways since they are among the only 2 skills that are capped at level 20.]

Agreed. The only real incentive to brew potions at the moment is to either max it or have a few cool cosmetic potions. While I don't agree increasing the duration would solve every problem with potions (mainly being that there's almost no reason to use damage increasing potions because enemies are too easy), it would certainly make the more useful potions viable. I also propose a boost to the higher levels or nerf to lower levels of Lively Bucko Brew and Swift Foot instead of them just being duration increases. Swift foot for example is a boost of 30% speed across all levels, and Lively Bucko Brew a 3% increased healing speed. Also the resale value of potions is awful, as with most things in the game, but boosting it a bit could open up more avenues to potentially make some gold.

I'm not at all sure about this. You do have a very good point about potions being capped at level 20 which certainly leaves room for more useful potions being added should the cap be moved to level 30. I tend to think it would be better to leave existing potions as they are and add longer lasting more useful ones that require you to be level 20 or higher. These higher level potions could be not hugely more time consuming to brew, in some cases where the potion is new and not a higher level of existing ones maybe even faster to brew, thus giving incentive to level and getting the buff you desire at the same time. I say this because I want to be very hesitant to change things that were in potco originally unless they are bugs or are clearly wrong somehow, which potions do not seem to be.

Last edited:
I'm not at all sure about this. You do have a very good point about potions being capped at level 20 which certainly leaves room for more useful potions being added should the cap be moved to level 30. I tend to think it would be better to leave existing potions as they are and add longer lasting more useful ones that require you to be level 20 or higher. These higher level potions could be not hugely more time consuming to brew, in some cases where the potion is new and not a higher level of existing ones maybe even faster to brew, thus giving incentive to level and getting the buff you desire at the same time. I say this because I want to be very hesitant to change things that were in potco originally unless they are bugs or are clearly wrong somehow, which potions does not seem to be.
This is also a option. - However, you are in agreement as they stand now... they are quite useless, correct?

I agree that the durations should be extended. The time investment to aquire them should always take less time than the duration of which they last, otherwise the incentive to actually use the feature will be 0%

I think new and more useful potions need to be added as well, like ship healing, speed boost for sailing, siege charge increases, etc.
There should even be potions where you can combine 2 or 3 at the Gypsy and she trades you for one of the powerful ones.

This is also a option. - However, you are in agreement as they stand now... they are quite useless, correct?
I know you're referring to Eric here, but I think many of the potions are good but they don't last long enough or "pay" for themselves in the time it takes to make them. But they are fun to use.

Most of the current potions are USEFUL you just cant hold enough of them and or they don't last long enough to actually make it worth it. Theres no reason why they should be so insanely hard to get and insanely short to last. If its hard, then it should last a huge amount of time.

I think new and more useful potions need to be added as well, like ship healing, speed boost for sailing, siege charge increases, etc.
There should even be potions where you can combine 2 or 3 at the Gypsy and she trades you for one of the powerful ones.
Yes, I think new potions that are level 21 and up to 30 could be added that are not difficult to brew but are more rewarding and so are a big incentive to level. That would keep the old grind to lvl 20 that we all struggled through in potco and maybe not quite loved but at least felt accomplished when reaching. I just want to hold on to those old potco things and still have new higher level content for the lvl 50 players to reach beyond the original game.

Honestly the only reason I maxed potions on POTCO was because of the Swift Foot glitch.. Unfortunately they have patched said glitch.

For thosr who don't know what that is:
Drink Swift Foot 1
then 2
then 3
continously and it wouldnt wear off till you teleported or logged off

making you be able to jump extremely high and running extremely fast..

*(its been awhile since POTCO obviously but thats pretty much how it was done)*

If this was unpatched that would honestly make potions lively again but this may just be my opinion..

I, myself hardly brew potions for this reason, if they took less time to make or had a longer durration I'd enjoy making these!

Yes! Potions have been a strongly neglected part of TLOPO simply because they're not worth the hassle of brewing them. I think ALL potions are due a MAJOR buff to duration, level of effect and general appeal to use them.

I wholeheartedly agree with extending the buff duration of all potions. The potions aren't useless as such as they're rendered not so beneficial due to such short duration.

Back