Question Increase materials gained from mat runs?

Should mats be increased in material chests

• Yes

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
Steel is rare for a reason. If you want a copperhead, you gotta pay yer dues, and suffer. If it was easy, we'd all have them and everyone would be special. Except that when everyone's special... no one is.
Savor it!

Steel is rare for a reason. If you want a copperhead, you gotta pay yer dues, and suffer. If it was easy, we'd all have them and everyone would be special. Except that when everyone's special... no one is.
Savor it!
lol. Where'd I here that before? Oh yea, The Incredibles. The sidekick turned bad guy.

What's with so many posts here on Forums asking to make some aspect of the game easier? Is the game too hard? No, mats are already super easy to get. We need more challenge not less. Maybe they could add a server for those who want easy where you start out with a complete set of legendary weapons and 3 ships of your choice, oh, and you can fill your clothing inventory with anything in game at setup. Maybe reduce the health of all enemies to 1 while they're at it and add teleportation to any point on the map and full gold inventory always for them too.
Hi Eric. You know, it's not always about making tlopo easier at all. It sounds like we want 'easier'. but it's more often about functional and more immersive with game features that allow people to perform mundane non action tasks more efficiently with less aggravation and wastes of time.
The more intuitive the UI, the more involved and immersed in the game you become.

I'm not talking about loot amounts, or how strong bosses should be or how many skulls need to be dropped. I'm talking about container control, inventory control, object and weapon manipulations. These things are active game functions that need to be almost transparent so we can get on with fighting monsters and sailing off the edge of the world. In some ways it really doesn't matter how much new stuff, bosses and islands you put in a mmo, if people struggle with simple control interfaces and clunky handling of basic tasks, all the wizbang flashy stuff will only extend the possible and maybe inevitable disenchantment and abandonment that could result.

I think the devs and people involved in the enterprise have done an amazing job and continue to do so. They've juggled trying to get new people interested, trying to make legacy people happy while bringing on code in a reasonable time frame. This has to be an immense workload for most involved. And I appreciate it greatly.

Perhaps it's time for we, the community to step back, give the devs some breathing room and say, ok you geeky devs, relax with pushing all the new stuff, don't push yourselves to make everyone happy with loot amounts and other personal opinions of subjective game play. But instead, we should get off your backs and let YOU focus on the game functions, movement, interaction with objects and player minor world interactions that should be almost effortless and transparent that makes the rest of the game the focal point for players. I for one, will still be here, still be beta testing and reporting when able and will try not to whine about not enough loot or low acorn counts to allow you devs to make this game a smoother and productive gaming environment for all. If I can't open containers, or handle my inventory properly, it matters not what kind of loot is there.

My analogy for this is a Dad trying to fix his kids bike because the chain and sprocket need replacing and adjustment. While doing this, the kid asks, please put these cards in the spokes. Dad, I want a blue seat instead. Dad, can you put these 'sparkler' things on the handle bars? Dad is still trying to fix the chain. Dad? Can you put white on the tires? Hey Dad, can I have a tinkle bell? A month later, the bike is still upside down with all that stuff, but the chain isn't letting his kid ride it very well.

Our core game needs finalizing before the greater gaming public will recognize how great this game could and will be.

I consider those involved with this game to be professionals in standing, and as such these individuals will probably have their own ideas and time lines of what they have agreed with each other of what directions and game plan they're going with this game. So my ideas and opinions of course should be taken with a grain of sea salt.

Wait, wasn't I replying to Eric? Sorry Eric. I think my first line was to you.

Last edited:
Hi Eric. You know, it's not always about making tlopo easier at all. It sounds like we want 'easier'. but it's more often about functional and more immersive with game features that allow people to perform mundane non action tasks more efficiently with less aggravation and wastes of time.
The more intuitive the UI, the more involved and immersed in the game you become.

I'm not talking about loot amounts, or how strong bosses should be or how many skulls need to be dropped. I'm talking about container control, inventory control, object and weapon manipulations. These things are active game functions that need to be almost transparent so we can get on with fighting monsters and sailing off the edge of the world. In some ways it really doesn't matter how much new stuff, bosses and islands you put in a mmo, if people struggle with simple control interfaces and clunky handling of basic tasks, all the wizbang flashy stuff will only extend the possible and maybe inevitable disenchantment and abandonment that could result.

I think the devs and people involved in the enterprise have done an amazing job and continue to do so. They've juggled trying to get new people interested, trying to make legacy people happy while bringing on code in a reasonable time frame. This has to be an immense workload for most involved. And I appreciate it greatly.

Perhaps it's time for we, the community to step back, give the devs some breathing room and say, ok you geeky devs, relax with pushing all the new stuff, don't push yourselves to make everyone happy with loot amounts and other personal opinions of subjective game play. But instead, we should get off your backs and let YOU focus on the game functions, movement, interaction with objects and player minor world interactions that should be almost effortless and transparent that makes the rest of the game the focal point for players. I for one, will still be here, still be beta testing and reporting when able and will try not to whine about not enough loot or low acorn counts to allow you devs to make this game a smoother and productive gaming environment for all. If I can't open containers, or handle my inventory properly, it matters not what kind of loot is there.

My analogy for this is a Dad trying to fix his kids bike because the chain and sprocket need replacing and adjustment. While doing this, the kid asks, please put these cards in the spokes. Dad, I want a blue seat instead. Dad, can you put these 'sparkler' things on the handle bars? Dad is still trying to fix the chain. Dad? Can you put white on the tires? Hey Dad, can I have a tinkle bell? A month later, the bike is still upside down with all that stuff, but the chain isn't letting his kid ride it very well.

Our core game needs finalizing before the greater gaming public will recognize how great this game could and will be.

I consider those involved with this game to be professionals in standing, and as such these individuals will probably have their own ideas and time lines of what they have agreed with each other of what directions and game plan they're going with this game. So my ideas and opinions of course should be taken with a grain of sea salt.

Wait, wasn't I replying to Eric? Sorry Eric. I think my first line was to you.
I don't see how more mats per drop adds to the game's functionality or immersiveness, to me it only seems a plea to make it easier and faster to get mats and thus gain desirable ship upgrades. I'm all for improving functionality and not really concerned about immersivness as I'm already quite satisfied with that aspect.

I feel like nothing is more disappointing than doing a 30 minute mat run only to get a piddly 20 or 30 iron (or even worse, none). I feel like mat runs should reward more materials as high tier upgrades require like 2-5 days of grinding with nothing but mat runs per level. Just a suggestion. Personally only sailing for like a week or two in a row just to max a single ship isn't exactly the funnest thing in the world. I'm curious if I'm the only one who thinks it should increase.

I already get double mats and double gold.

Scenario: 4 pirates take 2 ships out fill up and get bounty hunters after them.

Each ship can now sink 2 bounty hunters at a time and warships if they want.

Holds get filled on both ships with mats.

All pirates except for one board first ship which ports.

All pirates board second ship and port.

3/4 pirates get double mats,gold, loot.

I manage to do solo mat runs with mostly hunters and some warship. Manage to get a decent amount of pine, iron, and oak. I also think the type of hunters matter when it comes to material like iron and pine. Sinking bounty hunter like war galleon and war frigate seem to give out more of that type of material.

I already get double mats and double gold.

Scenario: 4 pirates take 2 ships out fill up and get bounty hunters after them.

Each ship can now sink 2 bounty hunters at a time and warships if they want.

Holds get filled on both ships with mats.

All pirates except for one board first ship which ports.

All pirates board second ship and port.

3/4 pirates get double mats,gold, loot.
You are successfully accomplishing this? I was under the impression, when one boards a ship well into the journey they only get a percent of what was acquired when they boarded and not the whole cargo split of the whole voyage.

You are successfully accomplishing this? I was under the impression, when one boards a ship well into the journey they only get a percent of what was acquired when they boarded and not the whole cargo split of the whole voyage.
At some point in the not too distant past looting from ships changed. You can board a ship at the end of the run and get everything.
Its why you see people joining at the last minute. In our 2 ship runs at least everyone in crew contributed to sinking all the ships, it just gets you more stuff than being on just one ship.

At some point in the not too distant past looting from ships changed. You can board a ship at the end of the run and get everything.
Its why you see people joining at the last minute. In our 2 ship runs at least everyone in crew contributed to sinking all the ships, it just gets you more stuff than being on just one ship.
I don't understand your two ship technique, but it does not seem right to jump on a ship with full cargo and get full rewards. It almost sounds like a glitch that will get changed back. I actually hope you are incorrect.
Also, the porting is so inconsistent I don't know how we can even tell. I went all last week without getting containers on probably all ships I boarded. But I have gotten 11,273 severed fingers.

I do manage to get a decent amount of steel from public mat runs. I think the about of steel depend on the type of warship sink. I think Warship like the Battle Royale and Tally-ho are one to sink for steel.

I don't understand your two ship technique, but it does not seem right to jump on a ship with full cargo and get full rewards. It almost sounds like a glitch that will get changed back. I actually hope you are incorrect.
Also, the porting is so inconsistent I don't know how we can even tell. I went all last week without getting containers on probably all ships I boarded. But I have gotten 11,273 severed fingers.

We did it yesterday with 3 ships and 5 pirates. It worked great.

First ship ported with 3 pirates
Second ship ported with 4 pirates
Third ship ported with all 5.

3 pirates got all three loads so triple mats and gold
1 pirate got double mats and gold
Last pirate got just what was on his ship

Not sure what your issue is with looting but I would submit a bug report.

We did it yesterday with 3 ships and 5 pirates. It worked great.

First ship ported with 3 pirates
Second ship ported with 4 pirates
Third ship ported with all 5.

3 pirates got all three loads so triple mats and gold
1 pirate got double mats and gold
Last pirate got just what was on his ship

Not sure what your issue is with looting but I would submit a bug report.
Sorry, still don't understand when you mean 1-3 2-4 3-5... is this multi account with own alts?
Maybe you shouldn't try to describe it any more in case it's not quite a game function. I don't want to get anyone in trouble because I'm an idiot.

And I think the container issue is game wide with plenty of people. It's an ongoing glitch that will get worked out in time.

GL

It's true that in early beta you only got what was claimed while you were aboard but at some time, during the infinite loading screen debacle I think, it all changed and there was talk of it in forums then but everyone seems to have dropped it. So, since that time you could/ can get everything even if you are only aboard for the porting. I consider it a bug. I have a friend that boarded my ship as we were porting with 14 skull chests just to see what we had done on that run and not a single cannon was fired while he was aboard but he got 4 famed and the lost sword!

Last edited:
It's true that in early beta you only got what was claimed while you were aboard but at some time, during the infinite loading screen debacle I think, it all changed and there was talk of it in forums then but everyone seems to have dropped it. So, since that time you could/ can get everything even if you are only aboard for the porting. I consider it a bug. I have a friend that boarded my ship as we were porting with 14 skull chests just to see what we had done on that run and not a single cannon was fired while he was aboard but he got 4 famed and the lost sword!
This is how loot from ships works now.
Sorry, still don't understand when you mean 1-3 2-4 3-5... is this multi account with own alts?
Maybe you shouldn't try to describe it any more in case it's not quite a game function. I don't want to get anyone in trouble because I'm an idiot.

And I think the container issue is game wide with plenty of people. It's an ongoing glitch that will get worked out in time.

GL
5 pirates are 5 people playing pirates.
Almost my whole guild.
I'm not gonna get in trouble.
It's not an exploit.
It's how the game works right now Savvy? ( well I doubt it)

This is how loot from ships works now.

5 pirates are 5 people playing pirates.
Almost my whole guild.
I'm not gonna get in trouble.
It's not an exploit.
It's how the game works right now Savvy? ( well I doubt it)
-Glad I'm not getting you in trouble. Are you saying that 5 pirates are tp'g back and forth on 3 ships? That's pretty neat, I'd never would have thought of that. But you just knew by the amount of stuff you got, or did 3 different manifests open up?
People are pretty creative with this game. Or probably all of them.
Well, if I didn't get it this time, then forget it. Rather not waste your time.

thx GL

Yes 5 different pirates teleporting between 3 ships sharing 3 different manifests that come from porting 3 ships.
Everyone helped getting containers collected by all 3 ships. No sponging or leeching going on.

Yes 5 different pirates teleporting between 3 ships sharing 3 different manifests that come from porting 3 ships.
Everyone helped getting containers collected by all 3 ships. No sponging or leeching going on.
I hope that this will be fixed soon. I do consider this a bug and that you are exploiting it but I also think that there is no way the developers will roll back to the point where it started or find some other way to punish you and others, well just about every player that has boarded a public ship since the update that now was a long time ago, lol... I expect the someday it will be simply fixed and nothing more will be said of it.

Back