Question Increase materials gained from mat runs?

Should mats be increased in material chests

• Yes

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
I hope that this will be fixed soon. I do consider this a bug and that you are exploiting it but I also think that there is no way the developers will roll back to the point where it started or find some other way to punish you and others, well just about every player that has boarded a public ship since the update that now was a long time ago, lol... I expect the someday it will be simply fixed and nothing more will be said of it.
Are you saying you consider TP'g back and forth a bug or exploit? Or that one can get a full manifest in the final minutes?
Because as far as tp'g I can actually see real pirates boarding ships in sequence in battle moving back and forth fighting. So since I can see a real life ability to do this, I don't see it as such as a exploit. It's clearly something you can do within game rules. Might not be totally kosher, but it doesn't seem to break any rules. Like rounding up ships. Not appreciated by many, but nothing stopping anyone from doing it. But that's me.

And as far as the late ship boarding, I see that as a glitch because I would logically assume that one wouldn't get the full benefit of loot if one wasn't there the whole time or a large block of time. I assumed one gets loot matching his ratio of involvement. I don't mean shot for shot because I don't know how that is recorded, but perhaps cargo fill wise. You get on after 11 or 12 cargo is filled, why should you get as much as pirates working the ship the whole time. It goes back to the leecher dilema.

Last edited:
I hope that this will be fixed soon. I do consider this a bug and that you are exploiting it but I also think that there is no way the developers will roll back to the point where it started or find some other way to punish you and others, well just about every player that has boarded a public ship since the update that now was a long time ago, lol... I expect the someday it will be simply fixed and nothing more will be said of it.

Have you ever even seen people trying to recover items from a recently capsized or sunken ship? The stuff is sinking and being in more than one place with more ships gets you more stuff than being in one ship. More ships could reasonably salvage more stuff from a sinking ship than just one. ie if we attack the same ships with more ships we should get more loot from them. As for crew. If you sail alone how are you getting anything done? The idea is our ships have AI crews that perform menial tasks like fishing stuff out of the water.

How do you know it's a bug? Certainly at some point in the future they may change how loot from ships works, but for all you know they changed it to be this way on purpose to fix bugs in loot from ships. Unless you know for sure I wouldn't accuse people of using an exploit. As I said this is not leeching. Everyone is working for every container. It's more challenging (less crewmen on each ship available for using cannons and repairing and if you are all attacking the same ships you have to avoid crashing into each other) and requires more cooperation than going out in a single ship. The rewards are greater, but that's just consistent with the added challenge (its more fun too you should try it before knocking it)

Last edited:
We need more challenge not less.

You want it harder then maybe this isnt the game for you.

I think they need a different game, one where you do nothing and have everything
I guess you spend infinite amount of time on this game and therefore have the time to waste. It isnt bout being "easy". Some of us enjoy spending time with friends, etc outside of the game, or actually have respondibilites like work and school and cant afford to waste time looting/sailing
ALL day for a handful of mats/no loot drops from harder bosses.
It's funny, but this concept is actually a microcosm of life as so many folks wish it to be; no struggles, no challenges, no accomplishments. If you can't even play a game, what's that say?
Dude, this isnt any where close to real life, it is a game. Some dont get off the computer, and waste away their lives.. goes both ways.

Our core game needs finalizing before the greater gaming public will recognize how great this game could and will be.

I believe it has been mentioned the devs arent in a hurry to get the game out of beta and in public. They are content on the way it has been going with a small community.

I guess you spend infinite amount of time on this game and therefore have the time to waste. It isnt bout being "easy". Some of us enjoy spending time with friends, etc outside of the game, or actually have respondibilites like work and school and cant afford to waste time looting/sailing

Dude, this isnt any where close to real life, it is a game. Some dont get off the computer, and waste away their lives.. goes both ways.

I believe it has been mentioned the devs arent in a hurry to get the game out of beta and in public. They are content on the way it has been going with a small community.
"I believe it has been mentioned the devs arent in a hurry to get the game out of beta and in public. They are content on the way it has been going with a small community."
Well, you bring up real life and make great points, so you will most likely agree with my next statement.
When one does a job for free with no capital gain, even if they enjoy it, the job gets bottom billing in the priority manifest as one is in real life spending time making money so they can do the free job at their leisure. Regardless what people say, the initiative is never on the freebie chore.
It really can't be unless one is independently wealthy.

And I would bet no one working on this game is independently wealthy, thus no real aspirations to commit more free time.
That is my take on doing things for free. Most of the time, there's no real urgency, no actual deadlines to meet. Self created deadlines a lot of times are the hardest to accomplish.

And perhaps the devs know what it would take to get this game prime time and they do not have the capacity or coding rights to do so, so it sits in a beta state.

Are you saying you consider TP'g back and forth a bug or exploit? Or that one can get a full manifest in the final minutes?
Because as far as tp'g I can actually see real pirates boarding ships in sequence in battle moving back and forth fighting. So since I can see a real life ability to do this, I don't see it as such as a exploit. It's clearly something you can do within game rules. Might not be totally kosher, but it doesn't seem to break any rules. Like rounding up ships. Not appreciated by many, but nothing stopping anyone from doing it. But that's me.

And as far as the late ship boarding, I see that as a glitch because I would logically assume that one wouldn't get the full benefit of loot if one wasn't there the whole time or a large block of time. I assumed one gets loot matching his ratio of involvement. I don't mean shot for shot because I don't know how that is recorded, but perhaps cargo fill wise. You get on after 11 or 12 cargo is filled, why should you get as much as pirates working the ship the whole time. It goes back to the leecher dilema.
I'm saying that getting the full haul when you board at the end of a run is a bug and that it wasn't that way in earlier beta. The bug was introduced with an update and has never been fixed. Rounding up ships is not a bug and I don't get why some don't like others to do it. I did it in potco and I do it in tlopo. I do get why some dislike other that leave a rounded up mass without sinking them, that's a different story. In potco the ships would disperse after being rounded up if you left them, they would go back to their little course that they ran. Here in tlopo they don't seem to move at all unless you agro them and once you get out of range they just stop, another bug.

I think you have mostly guessed wrong, lol... I go to work 5 days a week, have a wife and college age son and have quite a few other hobbies; one of which I spend more time, money, and effort on than this game. Due to these hobbies I'm not often on on weekends. I also think that Crush never said the game was real life but that as in real life ppl want easy is all. I believe that the game will move out of beta when it's ready and that there is no reason for the developers to resist that as the game really is in the public domain already and has been since open beta arrived.

I'm saying that getting the full haul when you board at the end of a run is a bug and that it wasn't that way in earlier beta. The bug was introduced with an update and has never been fixed. Rounding up ships is not a bug and I don't get why some don't like others to do it. I did it in potco and I do it in tlopo. I do get why some dislike other that leave a rounded up mass without sinking them, that's a different story. In potco the ships would disperse after being rounded up if you left them, they would go back to their little course that they ran. Here in tlopo they don't seem to move at all unless you agro them and once you get out of range they just stop, another bug.
You have zero proof that it's a bug and accusing people of exploiting is uncalled for. Its a personal attack with no proof its justified..

You have zero proof that it's a bug and accusing people of exploiting is uncalled for. Its a personal attack with no proof its justified..
TLOPO made it so that you only get the loot that the ship received while you were aboard it a while ago. Not too long ago this stopped working and now players get all of the loot. People being able to get all the loot no matter how long they are aboard the ship is currently a bug since it is not the intended way for sailing loot to work.
Personal attacks are directed toward specific people. All Eric is saying is that he has observed malicious players exploiting this bug to obtain loot they did not work for. Which if you have read through enough threads on this forum you would know all too well was a rather big problem earlier in beta.

TLOPO made it so that you only get the loot that the ship received while you were aboard it a while ago. Not too long ago this stopped working and now players get all of the loot. People being able to get all the loot no matter how long they are aboard the ship is currently a bug since it is not the intended way for sailing loot to work.
Personal attacks are directed toward specific people. All Eric is saying is that he has observed malicious players exploiting this bug to obtain loot they did not work for. Which if you have read through enough threads on this forum you would know all too well was a rather big problem earlier in beta.
Maybe they made the change on purpose to avoid other problems with looting from ships. (Like people not getting loot they did work for) You don't know. Stop asserting it's a bug if you aren't sure.

If you read this thread it's clear he accuses me of exploiting the game when the scenario I describe involves my working for every loot container I got. There is no way to whitewash it.

Maybe they made the change on purpose to avoid other problems with looting from ships. (Like people not getting loot they did work for) You don't know. Stop asserting it's a bug if you aren't sure.
Getting all of the loot without being onboard was removed on purpose and then when it came back there was no mention of it being returned to its previous state. It was also a part of POTCO, the game that TLOPO is trying to emulate with precision.
You sure are touchy about what we call a certain aspect of the game that is not meant to be the way it is.

Here is talk of sailing loot from over a year ago (feel free to read through the entire thread here):
Untitled.png

If you read this thread it's clear he accuses me of exploiting the game when the scenario I describe involves my working for every loot container I got. There is no way to whitewash it.
I missed that post. If you work for all of the loot you get, then you should just ignore him.

Tiberias, at first I felt that comment was meant about me, but re-reading I think it's about Eric. However, I don't think Erick was commenting on the guild ship maneuver, but about jumping public ships after a full cargo knowing they will get full cargo. The 'you' I believe is 'in general' grammar usage and not personal. As in, when people mob a boss, and you (meaning no one in particular-using 'you' as general group of people) bring over another boss, when people are already working said other boss...etc etc.

So I don't think anyone was accusing you of anything personal. I had no idea how your guild did that until you explained and I don't see that as an exploit. Your guild and you are actually floating an armada.

And it does make perfect sense what deanaug said back in july, why would someone feel they should get anything from BEFORE they boarded the ship?

Well, it's not the way that it was and it wasn't announced that they were going to change to this scheme and it is unfair in terms that it's just not how the game is set up, you're supposed to join a crew and collectively reap rewards through working together but that is not what happens when you join after all the time and effort is done; and I can go on and on... that said, as I've said before every player is exploiting this to some degree and there is no way anyone could fault them for it. You are taking it farther than most but it's still the same flaw in the game and so I do not at all blame you or think you should even merit a warning or anything like that, I'm just having conversation about a flaw that has been introduced with an update that I consider a bug. I did not intend to insult or attack you.

It is mine and other's opinion that it is a bug and we have the right to give our opinion. I admit that even though the developers didn't announce it it is possible that it was done on purpose and that the developers didn't announce it because they didn't want to call attention to it's down side. I really don't think that is the case but with no actual explanation it is possible. Please don't be offended, I've nothing against you or what you are doing in this regard. I think you should be allowed to continue doing what you are doing with no penalties at all until the game is updated to stop it. Once again, my opinion not fact.

It is mine and other's opinion that it is a bug and we have the right to give our opinion. I admit that even though the developers didn't announce it it is possible that it was done on purpose and that the developers didn't announce it because they didn't want to call attention to it's down side. I really don't think that is the case but with no actual explanation it is possible. Please don't be offended, I've nothing against you or what you are doing in this regard. I think you should be allowed to continue doing what you are doing with no penalties at all until the game is updated to stop it. Once again, my opinion not fact.
Eric. What Tiberias is doing between guild ships isn't a flaw, or exploit or bug. He can TP to anyone anywhere at any time in this game, that's a set design and feature. Be it an island, a cave or a ship. Magically Tp'g to dark heart is no different than a guild or friends working multiple ships this way. How many alts do people play at the same time? That's technically a real exploit.

But I digress. We were talking about jumping a public ship at full cargo in the final moments and expecting full loot. Earlier this year the cargo loot made sense and was more realistic to your time on board, as it should be. I even made a early post asking why my loot was less. The mega ship loot bug was fixed a short time ago and maybe letting full loot go out to everyone at any time was to offset the manifest low loot from original designs.

Maybe the devs thought if they took away mega loot AND brought back 'loot for time spent' and people who got on late would get almost nothing, peoples heads would explode.

Whether you mean to or not, your paraphrasing keeps sounding like you mean multi ships is a bug or exploit. I disagree, I don't think it is.

Last edited:
Erick. What Tiberias is doing between guild ships isn't a flaw, or exploit or bug. He can TP to anyone anywhere at any time in this game, that's a set design and feature. Be it an island, a cave or a ship. Magically Tp'g to dark heart is no different than a guild or friends working multiple ships this way. How many alts do people play at the same time? That's technically a real exploit.

But I digress. We were talking about jumping a public ship at full cargo in the final moments and expecting full loot. Earlier this year the cargo loot made sense and was more realistic to your time on board, as it should be. I even made a early post asking why my loot was less. The mega ship loot bug was fixed a short time ago and maybe letting full loot go out to everyone at any time was to offset the manifest low loot from original designs.

Maybe the devs thought if they took away mega loot AND brought back 'loot for time spent' and people who got on late would get almost nothing, peoples heads would explode.

Whether you mean to or not, your paraphrasing keeps sounding like you mean multi ships is a bug or exploit. I disagree, I don't think it is.
I do think gaining loot from multiple ships and getting loot from a ship where you never contributed are exploits of a bug that was introduced with an update. This is, as I've said, my opinion and is certainly up for debate until such time as new information becomes available.

This thread has gone completely south. All
Erick. What Tiberias is doing between guild ships isn't a flaw, or exploit or bug. He can TP to anyone anywhere at any time in this game, that's a set design and feature. Be it an island, a cave or a ship. Magically Tp'g to dark heart is no different than a guild or friends working multiple ships this way. How many alts do people play at the same time? That's technically a real exploit.

I don't mind if people suspect how looting works may be a bug. It's taking it to the next step and accusing people of violating the the terms of service that gets me. Saying stuff like that goes beyond having an opinion, it's a serious judgement based on having no facts to back it up. Just lands them on my ignore list in game and on this forum.

Back