Question Increase materials gained from mat runs?

Should mats be increased in material chests

• Yes

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

Fabulousaf

Dockworker
I feel like nothing is more disappointing than doing a 30 minute mat run only to get a piddly 20 or 30 iron (or even worse, none). I feel like mat runs should reward more materials as high tier upgrades require like 2-5 days of grinding with nothing but mat runs per level. Just a suggestion. Personally only sailing for like a week or two in a row just to max a single ship isn't exactly the funnest thing in the world. I'm curious if I'm the only one who thinks it should increase.

Well..you dont need to grind 30 minutes in a mat run..cargo ships actually dont mean u will get more mats than a 16 cargo one it just means u will stay in a ship longer... so stick with upgraded ships for fast runs and easy mats while a cargo ship tier III takes 30 min for do a run and when u port u get like 30 iron a 16 cargo ship with special broadsides can do runs in 10-15 mins and u will get way more materials...ppl need use their brains and actually learn how to play TLOPO it is not necessary a mat buff really
Also one last tip...dont jump in a ship on the last minute for sure u will get a tiny amount of materials..stick in a single ship with a good crew way to AVOID Leechers over here...make a crew do your mat runs in a fast way with upgraded ships when u have good ppl aboard close your ship for crew only and u wont have ppl sleeping aboard your ship

Double Mat is coming in August. I think Iron, Steel, Oak, and Pine should be increased in quantity.
That will be nice. Off topic, but wouldn't it nice if we can combine like the ores to make mats of that mat? Like 30 iron ores can give you 10 iron. Or add more similar mats like, iron ore begets pig iron and pig iron begets iron for ship building. Sort of like potions.

What's with so many posts here on Forums asking to make some aspect of the game easier? Is the game too hard? No, mats are already super easy to get. We need more challenge not less. Maybe they could add a server for those who want easy where you start out with a complete set of legendary weapons and 3 ships of your choice, oh, and you can fill your clothing inventory with anything in game at setup. Maybe reduce the health of all enemies to 1 while they're at it and add teleportation to any point on the map and full gold inventory always for them too.

What's with so many posts here on Forums asking to make some aspect of the game easier? Is the game too hard? No, mats are already super easy to get. We need more challenge not less. Maybe they could add a server for those who want easy where you start out with a complete set of legendary weapons and 3 ships of your choice, oh, and you can fill your clothing inventory with anything in game at setup. Maybe reduce the health of all enemies to 1 while they're at it and add teleportation to any point on the map and full gold inventory always for them too.
That sounds great. How soon do you think the devs can accomplish this?

LOL, I actually suggested this general concept several months ago, where you start off a maxed pirate with all the weapons you want; famed, legendary, etc, as well as clothing.
And you know what? People agreed that they wanted exactly that!
Yes, this game is a push over already, why not make it easier, LOLOL!

LOL, I actually suggested this general concept several months ago, where you start off a maxed pirate with all the weapons you want; famed, legendary, etc, as well as clothing.
I think they need a different game, one where you do nothing and have everything... I assume you've seen the movie Wall E.

I think they need a different game, one where you do nothing and have everything... I assume you've seen the movie Wall E.
Yup, Wall E is one of my favs!
It's funny, but this concept is actually a microcosm of life as so many folks wish it to be; no struggles, no challenges, no accomplishments. If you can't even play a game, what's that say?

not even that! spend some sailing time and get them i have 3k of steel from my sailing if i can do that pretty sure u guys do too :)

#maketlopoharder
#Ivoteformaterialsnerf
#Npcswithmorehealth
*less noob captains crashing on you and getting you sunk!

that would be a perfect TLOPO :)

Interesting concept, taken a little further... say you start fully maxed equipped and everything possible. Then when you do quests and fail, you start losing things bit by bit. Weapon by weapon, clothes by clothes and losing levels as well.
Until you are left naked and shaking in a dingy.

Last edited:
Well, they can lower the amount needed to build? Either or, it's still perhaps softening the game more than it is.

As far as challenges needed to fill the mat coffers, the game may be fine as it is. I also feel that people may be pushing the devs to change the game into something it never was meant to be. Personally, I don't think it's a fast trigger game, a collect all the mobs and kill them fast as you can game, a race type game from island to island. tlopo seems to be a cross between a story telling and explore game at your own pace and a soft core WOW type set up. It certainly isn't a run and gun. Tlopo never seemed more to me than a laid back explorers type experience with monsters thrown in. I like it because it's basically unscripted and now you can stay as long as you want in one place if you don't feel too motivated. Don't forget, it's beta and we are beta testers at the core.

Do we really need higher mat returns quicker? I'd love it, but then what do you do? Instead of asking the devs to work on subjective ideas like what is a proper amount of loot, I think they should spend the time fixing the mechanics of the game, like giving us choices to do things like multi selections of items throughout the game in different events. Faster buying and selling processes. Camera movement while running. Ability to shoot or stab while having a loot container open. Ways of dealing with loot containers. These are not subjective projects, they're game wide playing needs.

Players trying to decide how much loot to get isn't mechanics specific or glitches that need fixing. These suggestions on loot and mats are valid, but should be further down the dev lists in my opinion.

gl.

I don't really think the material count one gets needs to be changed right now. You're bound to get them eventually every time you go on a spree in the ocean anyway, you just have to be patient and take it one voyage at a time. Make your runs multi-purpose, so that you aren't only there for materials. Perhaps you need a few more levels to unlock that "Take Cover!" skill, perhaps you're doing a quest.

That's how I handle my seafaring. It's never one specific purpose. There's a main goal, but it's at the end of the voyage. I leave port, I seek out a few ships and go until the warships and hunters begin to annoy me, and by the time all's said and done I can go to my destination and I'll have made some nice pocket change on the way over there. Never in a hurry, never disappointed in what I get because I wasn't looking for any specific loot to begin with and am happy I got anything at all.

I don't really think the material count one gets needs to be changed right now. You're bound to get them eventually every time you go on a spree in the ocean anyway, you just have to be patient and take it one voyage at a time. Make your runs multi-purpose, so that you aren't only there for materials. Perhaps you need a few more levels to unlock that "Take Cover!" skill, perhaps you're doing a quest.

That's how I handle my seafaring. It's never one specific purpose. There's a main goal, but it's at the end of the voyage. I leave port, I seek out a few ships and go until the warships and hunters begin to annoy me, and by the time all's said and done I can go to my destination and I'll have made some nice pocket change on the way over there. Never in a hurry, never disappointed in what I get because I wasn't looking for any specific loot to begin with and am happy I got anything at all.
I really think the way the game is right now, loot wise, is just fine. The only things that ever really bugged me with loot was the boss loot being weak and the sailing loot where you got too much, both of which have now been fixed.

Unlike you, I am always out for the one and only specific item, an item which my pirate seems to be locked out of getting. I've been searching for it since POTCO and never found it. All my friends seem to have it and many's the time someone aboard my ship calls it out as part of their loot but for me: NEVER! Am I disappointed? No, I love the sailing and would do it even if there was no loot, it will always be my favorite part of the game.

I never do mat runs but have ended up with tons of mats never the less, it definitely doesn't need a buff.

I really think the way the game is right now, loot wise, is just fine. The only things that ever really bugged me with loot was the boss loot being weak and the sailing loot where you got too much, both of which have now been fixed.

Unlike you, I am always out for the one and only specific item, an item which my pirate seems to be locked out of getting. I've been searching for it since POTCO and never found it. All my friends seem to have it and many's the time someone aboard my ship calls it out as part of their loot but for me: NEVER! Am I disappointed? No, I love the sailing and would do it even if there was no loot, it will always be my favorite part of the game.

I never do mat runs but have ended up with tons of mats never the less, it definitely doesn't need a buff.

I have to ask now. What is it that's been eluding you this entire time? A legendary, perhaps?

Clearly not materials, of course.

Back