Suggestion Increase the relevance of Brawl

Eric Sailcutter

Pirate Lord
OK, first the declaimer: I don't know anything about Brawl beyond that it is a skill, it stuns an enemy, and it does only a small amount of damage. I've never tried to use Brawl. I'm also usually against changing something from the original game so I've never before suggested something like this.

My thinking: I've noticed that there are quite a lot of swords that have a pretty good Brawl Boost and that many of these swords are just a little bit worse, less effective in battle than the very top level swords in the game. This plus the fact that few people use brawl makes me think that Brawl is under powered. I think that an increased Brawl would bring a much higher relevance to Brawl boosted swords. I feel that increased relevance in more defensive swords to a level that balances the top defensive and offensive types would be a great improvement to the balance of this game, virtually doubling the number of top level swords and pushing collectors to retain some of both the defensive and offensive type swords. I've read, in the Wiki, that you get a one second stun increase and a minimally increased damage per each point spent and the stun boost caps at 5 seconds, the kicker was that Brawl boosts apparently only give the damage boost and not the stun time boost. Since I've not actually tried this and know only a few that have used it at level 1 only plus I know not everything in TLOPO actually works like the Wiki suggest; I wonder is this how it actually works?

If anyone knows a lot about how it actually works at different skill points both spent and boosted please chime in and say something about your experience.

More thinking: If it is true that the boosts don't give the 1 second per point increase in stun time up to the 5 second cap then the value of spending just one point on Brawl would be greatly enhanced and also the value of the best Brawl boosted swords if this was changed so that 1 point spent on Brawl would give a 4 second stun if you have a + 3 Brawl sword and even a full 5 seconds on the Devil's Claw. If things are different than I think then maybe there's a completely different way that Brawl could be made better. It's possible that the change I suggest would make the Brawl boosted swords too over powered so that would be for the developer's to try and if they like it test it on the Test Server if not maybe a smaller increase to Brawl stats.

Back