Increased amount of lag

Irish z

Pirate
Within the last couple days I have noticed a significant increase in lag to the point it is unplayable. Before the 6th, the game was running with almost no lag.

NO, I do not have connection issues
YES, my computer can handle the game

Game lag has been severe ever since update 2 days ago. My fps is fine whenever I'm still or not around people. The moment others move around me or the NPC's and enemies start moving or attacking, my fps drops to less than 10 or 5. It gets worse as there are more players nearby and when multiple enemies start moving/attacking. Hopefully next update will fix the lag issues!

Land combat FPS ever since 1.3.3 is nearly unplayable just go to kingshead cluster mob and use a broadsword and you will get 1 fps its only since 1.3.3 something you guys changed broke it. We were told that you guys are aware which is a great thing actually p;

My main thing is if the developers are working on fixing the combat lag then I would have liked to hear it from them and then maybe some insight as what caused it which would make most of us more re-assured to wait longer on it. Even though I don't mind waiting.

Cause with the whole "They're working on it" thing, without going into more detail, makes me feel like they're still in the early stages of figuring out what caused it, which I mean would be fine and all if we got to know that though. I understand they're busy but it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
My main thing is if the developers are working on fixing the combat lag then I would have liked to hear it from them and then maybe some insight as what caused it which would make most of us more re-assured to wait longer on it. .

The game is in Beta. That said should be enough. The developers don't have to give any of us any explanation for anything they're working on. It's a work in progress. Rejoice!

The game is in Beta. That said should be enough. The developers don't have to give any of us any explanation for anything they're working on. It's a work in progress. Rejoice!

I know I know I just figured with alot of players's tolerance and attitude currently in the gutter it'd do a lot of good if the developers came out and said they have identified what is causing the lag and are working to fix it versus just working on it cause it feels a bit distant, though I can't really ask too much of them since they are of course massively busy.

I just figured with alot of players's tolerance and attitude currently in the gutter it'd do a lot of good if the developers came out and said they have identified what is causing the lag and are working to fix it versus just working on it .

I'm happy I haven't seen anyone else whose tolerance and attitude is in the gutter because the conversation wouldn't end well.
The game is a privilege for us all, not a right and no explanations are due to anyone. Be grateful for what you have.

I'm happy I haven't seen anyone else whose tolerance and attitude is in the gutter because the conversation wouldn't end well.
The game is a privilege for us all, not a right and no explanations are due to anyone. Be grateful for what you have.
Before I say anything, I want to say that I love this game and I am very grateful for the work the devs have done. However, this does not mean a game does not have flaws and cannot be critiqued. Why is it a crime to mention the game has lag? This is beta, the game is unfinished and is meant to receive user feedback so as to improve the game and iron it out.

Why is it a crime to mention the game has lag? This is beta, the game is unfinished and is meant to receive user feedback so as to improve the game and iron it out.

Game feedback is great. I never said it's a crime to mention lag.. What I said is the developers don't owe any explanations as to why the lag is occurring, as the poster that I was responding to had asked.
In simpler terms, people should give feedback but don't ask why or where or what or when. Luckily most of the forum members get this, but unfortunately there's a few who don't or else we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Game feedback is great. I never said it's a crime to mention lag.. What I said is the developers don't owe any explanations as to why the lag is occurring, as the poster that I was responding to had asked.
In simpler terms, people should give feedback but don't ask why or where or what or when. Luckily most of the forum members get this, but unfortunately there's a few who don't or else we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Many members and staff team members treat it like a crime to critique the game. Also, yes, the devs don't owe us anything, but that still doesn't mean we can't at least ask for an explanation. A disconnect between the devs and the community is not a good thing. Believe me, I have worked with many projects and that is often a first step towards the end of a project. Not saying that TLOPO is going to die or anything, I'm just trying to make a point, which is that members shouldn't be criticized for A: critiquing the game, and B: Asking questions. Why would you blame anyone for asking questions? An update is added which increases lag exponentially? Of course people are going to ask the devs why.

Also, I want to say that I don't excuse people hating on the game. There is a difference between hating and giving feedback.

Mine has not changed at all since the 1.3.3 update that caused it. I use Intel 4790k 4.0ghz and GTX1070 SC ACX 2.0 and also I run the game on low, fancy load screen enable, fancy sky disable and vsync enabled etc, i tried clearing cache and i run it at realtime/high and i still got the land combat issue.

Many members and staff team members treat it like a crime to critique the game. Also, yes, the devs don't owe us anything, but that still doesn't mean we can't at least ask for an explanation. A disconnect between the devs and the community is not a good thing. Believe me, I have worked with many projects and that is often a first step towards the end of a project. Not saying that TLOPO is going to die or anything, I'm just trying to make a point, which is that members shouldn't be criticized for A: critiquing the game, and B: Asking questions. Why would you blame anyone for asking questions? An update is added which increases lag exponentially? Of course people are going to ask the devs why.

Also, I want to say that I don't excuse people hating on the game. There is a difference between hating and giving feedback.

I agree with you Ben. I use to be a mod on World of Warcraft on a private server much like this one, they even had a ask a question in game help where you could enter your subject and question and you would get an estimated waiting time and eventually get to privately talk to a mod or dev private in like whisper when you were online. I am not saying that would work here or that they should add it I am just saying that some kind of communication is important between the staff and the community. And to Punkin Pie no they do not owe us anything but they took on this project so in my opinion they should want to answer questions. I would never take on a project like this and not want to have a great dialog with the players about what is going on. It kinda come with the territory when they decided to do it. And the staff should not get upset or withhold information about how it is going or what is causing certain things, they should absolutely not get upset or angry at people that want to ask questions as long as it is kept friendly. The ONLY way this game can succeed is if the staff and community have a GREAT communication, the players see more than the staff do because there are more of us.

...Also, I want to say that I don't excuse people hating on the game. There is a difference between hating and giving feedback.
...no they do not owe us anything but they took on this project so in my opinion they should want to answer questions. I would never take on a project like this and not want to have a great dialog with the players about what is going on. It kinda come with the territory when they decided to do it. And the staff should not get upset or withhold information about how it is going or what is causing certain things, they should absolutely not get upset or angry at people that want to ask questions as long as it is kept friendly. The ONLY way this game can succeed is if the staff and community have a GREAT communication, the players see more than the staff do because there are more of us.
I absolutely agree with what you both have wrote. But here's the thing; look at the very last sentence @Peter Plunderrat writes. That sentence itself, in my opinion, gives everyone incredible insight - right there. In fact, it can be argued it provides the very answer possibly as to what is actually going on.

I'm a stickler when it comes to communication. As such, I feel that things between individuals, teams, groups, etc. cannot be solved unless communication itself is a top priority. However, in the case to where you have a lot of people "seeing" something and feel compelled to provide feedback (when the recipient of said feedback does not match in number the same quantity), patience becomes a thing to keep in mind because what REALLY is happening is one side is constantly being bombarded with all kinds of talk.

When I played POTCO, I would spend a lot of time on a ship. I noticed...and perhaps a lot of ye pirates noticed too...that once the ship gained significant plunder on-board pirates would come out of the wood-work and yell at me as Captain by communicating/exclaiming the following: "Land, Weigh-Anchor, or Port!" As Captain, I felt obligated a lot of times to communicate back explaining aye or nay towards such requests. (Yes, I tried to treat me crew with respect and to honor their wishes as a sound Captain). Still, those same things were yelled at me during the worst of times and, because I was overly preoccupied in keeping me ship from sinking and turning into drift wood, there were times I didn't feel compelled to respond back to me crew because in retrospect...there was just too much going on at the time!

*Communication is a tricky thing. By far, the most important lesson one can learn is to communicate your point across at the most opportune time. By doing so, the recipient party has no excuse not to respond back to you because essentially they:

• are not preoccupied in doing something else
  • are not bombarded with other requests (i.e., sensory overload)
  • are capable of doing so given the ratio of feedback per individual recipient
In truth, TLOPO did bring customer service issues upon themselves and as such those issues should be addressed. However, if TLOPO is going to produce any kind of positive and productive community from it...ye pirates need to be mindful of how (effective) communication not only works but also, the opportune time to where it could be used most to your own advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back