Increased amount of lag

It's been about two weeks and you have offered no hint of a possible solution and no updates. All we know is that you're aware of the problem.
You say that like you're blaming me. I'm just a messenger, I'm not even a TLOPO staff member :p

The fact that they're aware of the problem should be good enough, regardless. If they figure out what the issue is, they'll work on fixing it. Until then, whether we know or not won't make a difference in the progress. Don't worry, be happy. :)

It's been about two weeks and you have offered no hint of a possible solution and no updates. All we know is that you're aware of the problem.
It's beta, literally thats all that needs to be said. You agreed to TOS therefore you fully should understand you are playing a game to test it, if you have issues the point is to make devs aware of the problem.. so is that not what you just said has happened. We get it, theres lag, just suck it up buttercup and keep being a beta tester. Tester, Tester, Tester, Tester... sorry got caught in a loop, it must have been a bug ill report it.

What I have noticed is the lag is most definitely linked to the enhanced/tweaked agro of the game. The agro was tweaked in a way to alert nearby enemies to engage, as well as the intended target.

This is part of the game, but the agro has possibly been tweaked incorrectly or excessively, causing severe lag once it is activated. Leading to low fps and super lag.

The targeting of pirate weapons is what appears to be used to start the multiple nearby enemy attack, and that might be the problem. I remember from the POTCO games that my daggers, sword, grenades or staff would not highlight and target nearby enemies while engaged in one enemy at a rerasonable distance, but now since the latest tweak where lag has been prevalent, it does.

In addition to the lag, the enemy will sometimes get locked in repeated, and deadly, finishing moves, such as a loop of blade storms, many times over, so that suddenly a lower level gray tag enemy of say 18 can suddenly become as dangerous as an enemy of red tag level 45, and the pirate is stuck on the first chop skill, over and over again, dealing 15 to 17 attack points and receiving 600+ damage points during the lag-battles. Multiply this enemy attack by say 3 enemies engaged by the agro, and it could get dicey.

Note the screenshot below, where I am already fully engaged in one target enemy, and others suddenly become targeted, (the red target circle) and super lag begins. The other Mercenary was the original target, and as he was being finished off, these 2 became activated.

screenshot_2017-01-19_15-47-38.jpg

In this shot, I had just finished an enemy, who had stood in front of me and had already taken the loot pouch. As the loot screen goes away, note that the other 2 Mercenaries have already been targeted and eventually both move over to me to engage. Had to use tonic grenades to stop the lag attack from 2 lower level enemies.

Last edited:
Dealt with almost no lag today through a whole time slot, may be a fluke but was very excited about it given that there was also more people on than the last couple of days when I've been playing with monstrous lag

Game feedback is great. I never said it's a crime to mention lag.. What I said is the developers don't owe any explanations as to why the lag is occurring, as the poster that I was responding to had asked.
In simpler terms, people should give feedback but don't ask why or where or what or when. Luckily most of the forum members get this, but unfortunately there's a few who don't or else we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Hey Punkin,

Hate to say it but the community should get at least a brief description on what is wrong, it isn't right to support the game and be apart of the community and get no response when there is an issue with the game that we want to know something about, lack of knowledge from the main source is what causes games and projects to lose support and recognition

Hey Punkin,

Hate to say it but the community should get at least a brief description on what is wrong, it isn't right to support the game and be apart of the community and get no response when there is an issue with the game that we want to know something about, lack of knowledge from the main source is what causes games and projects to lose support and recognition
I basically meant as most other folks do, that the game is in Beta and if they're working on issues that they don't even know necessarily what is causing them, and When there is something to be said they will say it I'm sure. :)

What I have noticed is the lag is most definitely linked to the enhanced/tweaked agro of the game. The agro was tweaked in a way to alert nearby enemies to engage, as well as the intended target.

This is part of the game, but the agro has possibly been tweaked incorrectly or excessively, causing severe lag once it is activated. Leading to low fps and super lag.

The targeting of pirate weapons is what appears to be used to start the multiple nearby enemy attack, and that might be the problem. I remember from the POTCO games that my daggers, sword, grenades or staff would not highlight and target nearby enemies while engaged in one enemy at a rerasonable distance, but now since the latest tweak where lag has been prevalent, it does.

In addition to the lag, the enemy will sometimes get locked in repeated, and deadly, finishing moves, such as a loop of blade storms, many times over, so that suddenly a lower level gray tag enemy of say 18 can suddenly become as dangerous as an enemy of red tag level 45, and the pirate is stuck on the first chop skill, over and over again, dealing 15 to 17 attack points and receiving 600+ damage points during the lag-battles. Multiply this enemy attack by say 3 enemies engaged by the agro, and it could get dicey.

Note the screenshot below, where I am already fully engaged in one target enemy, and others suddenly become targeted, (the red target circle) and super lag begins. The other Mercenary was the original target, and as he was being finished off, these 2 became activated.

View attachment 77424

In this shot, I had just finished an enemy, who had stood in front of me and had already taken the loot pouch. As the loot screen goes away, note that the other 2 Mercenaries have already been targeted and eventually both move over to me to engage. Had to use tonic grenades to stop the lag attack from 2 lower level enemies.
I under stand what you mean, I was on Kingshead and I looked at a level 6 marine, the game went into super lag mode and led to me dying from one, I was level 24 at the time with 1500 health, which is like 50 hits from one.

I under stand what you mean, I was on Kingshead and I looked at a level 6 marine, the game went into super lag mode and led to me dying from one, I was level 24 at the time with 1500 health, which is like 50 hits from one.
aww that can be frustrating I know. Some areas seem to have more lag than others for some of us. Hang in there thing's will get better!

Back