Blog Post Inside Look: Development of TLOPO

I just cant put into words how thankful I am to the entire TLOPO team and the quality assurance testers and for that matter the entire community. I have said "thank you" time and time again but those words just don't justify how much effort has gone into this long, tiring, effort to remake this game.

All I can say is "Thank you all." I just cant put my thankfulness into words.
I'd also like to say that this post reminded me how important it is to report bugs. In the future I will try to focus more on this rather than just enjoying my experience.

DeficientWindingKiskadee-small.gif

It's been amazing watching this project come together. From the Pre-Alpha updates of Pirates Online Rewritten, to the merger between them and TLOPO, and then onward, has truly been amazing. The game is almost completely rebuilt in about two or three years of development, and I think that is outstanding, especially because this is volunteer driven. I cannot thank the team enough for all the time and work they've put into this game, just so we could once again play the game that many of us played throughout our childhood. Here's to years more of success!

It's been amazing watching this project come together. From the Pre-Alpha updates of Pirates Online Rewritten, to the merger between them and TLOPO, and then onward, has truly been amazing. The game is almost completely rebuilt in about two or three years of development, and I think that is outstanding, especially because this is volunteer driven. I cannot thank the team enough for all the time and work they've put into this game, just so we could once again play the game that many of us played throughout our childhood. Here's to years more of success!
Thank you so much for the kind words, it's POSITIVE feedback like this that keeps us motivated to keep progressing.

One side note: Rewritten and TLOPO were PARALLEL development efforts; TLOPO as it currently stands is NOT a continuation of Rewritten, as has been stated multiple times. When the merge occurred, none of the work from Rewritten was carried forward.

Thanks again for the thanks!! :thanks:

Thank you so much for the kind words, it's POSITIVE feedback like this that keeps us motivated to keep progressing.

One side note: Rewritten and TLOPO were PARALLEL development efforts; TLOPO as it currently stands is NOT a continuation of Rewritten, as has been stated multiple times. When the merge occurred, none of the work from Rewritten was carried forward.

Thanks again for the thanks!! :thanks:
I know it's not a continuation, poor wording on my part lol

For sure the top priorities should be the Raven's Cove Story Quests, overall polishing of the game like NPC's on land and at sea acting like they should, and all of the effects and skill points to be tested if they work like their supposed to. While invasions, treasure fleets, the QAR and cannon defense are amazing additions to the game, they are definitely not as important as Raven's Cove Quests or making enemies and all the small effects and abilities work fine. Oh, and also I'd probably put Cursed blades up there as well, they were pretty much (along with SvS) my only drive to play the game when I got Sam to lvl 50 many years ago. That's pretty much my opinion on what should be focused on.

For sure the top priorities should be the Raven's Cove Story Quests, overall polishing of the game like NPC's on land and at sea acting like they should, and all of the effects and skill points to be tested if they work like their supposed to. While invasions, treasure fleets, the QAR and cannon defense are amazing additions to the game, they are definitely not as important as Raven's Cove Quests or making enemies and all the small effects and abilities work fine. Oh, and also I'd probably put Cursed blades up there as well, they were pretty much (along with SvS) my only drive to play the game when I got Sam to lvl 50 many years ago. That's pretty much my opinion on what should be focused on.
Excuse you, making sea items work at all should be above all of those!

The Devs have done an amazing job, Im proud of what you have all accomplished. Im definately looking forward to all the changes and new things I believe in time will come to game, like the Treasure Fleets, (oh how I loved those, sinking included, fun fun fun), Queen Ann's Revenge, Invasions with the Jolly Roger, the Ravens Cove Quest, all these and so much more. Perhaps a 'kick' button for the afk pirates on a mat run even LOL... I'm thrilled to be part of such an amazing community of pirates. The community has grown to an enormous size and the Devs are keeping up with it, which I'm sure is a challange, but they have done well with it. They do this on a volunteer basis too, which I find to be extraordinary. Keep up the great work Devs, you have my respect and admiration. Fair winds mateys.

Back