Announcement International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hard to choose......

Back in POTCO, my favorite memories were from being in Emerald Ravens. Nothing makes the game better than having a group of upstanding friends to share it with.

Now in TLOPO, my absolute favorite part is reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. Each day I get to talk with my fellow pirates. I intend to enjoy every single second of this community being brought back together.

~ Cheysa

Omg where to start ... well back when pirates first came out my brother and I started playing and said hey this is awesome so we stayed at it. Made many friends and one of our favorite things to do was to jump on a war frigate with a full crew and sink as many ships as we could while listing to lady Gaga poker face. I know we should of been player poker at one of the pubs :p well after many ships sunk I at the helm decided to take on as many ships at once as we could . Well it didn't always go well and the crew use to say look out nighthawk is at the helm again time to get your rubber duckies on . And good thing they did .. lol

My favorite POTCO memory would be playing with my real life friends for the first time after introducing them to the game.

As for TLOPO, I don't have a favorite memory yet because I refuse to play it in its current state. I do have a key though.

To celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate day,
the Forums are rolling out a new medal system.
What we are asking each of you to do to help us,
is to post your favorite memory as a pirate,

whether it be with POTCO or TLOPO.
For each of you that posts a memory,

you will receive your first medal.
View attachment 71385

A special thank you to @Irene for designing our first medal!!

psst.... This medal won't last forever!!
Hurry and post your memory by midnight EDT on 9/23/2016

Sailing and making tlopo videos

My favorite memory of POTCO was discovering the game by watching my dad when I was still a little tike. From there I made friends and family and learned a lot about life. I will remember these days 4 life. I had great times with all my mates most of all!

Favorite memory has to be from POTCO had to be getting a Navy Blue Sack Vest. I never had the greatest of luck with brights or any loot in general, and it was the only bright Sack Vest I looted. Luckily it was a good color too. Whats odd though is in the same chest my friend @Gastro looted the same Sack Vest.
upload_2016-9-19_19-32-52.png

upload_2016-9-19_19-45-50.png

:confused:...

My favorite POTCO memories were the times spent with my guildmates. Sailing, looting, leveling, or just healing others; they were all fun moments. :buds:

My favorite memory would be fighting the Jolly Roger Invasions on the beaches of Tortuga and Padres. All pirates banding together fighting and reviving each other regardless of level. Everyone caught up in the excitement and making new friends in the process!
I Agree, I Miss the Raids with Jolly Roger!! Our whole guild would come and help, so we would make sure to save who we could as the fight went on.. It was Great!! <3 :)

My favorite memory from:

POTCO: When me and my friend were new to the game, we tried to fight a pretty high level boss compared to ours, and it didnt end well, we got it down to red health then i ended up dying and instead of finishing the job my friend decides to run and ends up dying himself and we both lie there knocked out...

TLOPO: When fishing was added to the game! This was my first moment of really being able to play the game again and with such a great mini-game! the music was so nostalgic! the only problem was waiting for a fishing spot. Haha!

POTCO: My favorite memory was the first legendary I ever earned. It was the only legendary I ever got and it was the exact moment that I wasn't looking for one. Completely unexpected. I had felt like my hours of looting had finally paid off! :)

Eh, might as well do this thing. My fondest memory of POTCO was looting with friends. I may not have looted as much as others, but I had a blast doing it. We got some really nice brights, famed weapons, and legendary weapons. I had a fun time with these people, and am so glad to be able to do it again very soon! ;)

Gosh there have been SO MANY. In general, I love my Dark Archive family. I'm still in contact with many of them and it's so fun to catch up with those who have recently returned. It's also where I met my very best friend in this world, JFR :).

Other best memories include:

When we became THE largest guild in the game:

35319eaf3903f5e795c9015dc5d3b8f5.png

GM Catherine Harcourt takes a cannon on a DA ship (Kitty's ship).

ce91505e46cbb6ce39f5d478bc4abacc.jpg

Getting a chance to ride, shoot, and sail a Ship of the Line (Thanks Mikhail)

2ecaa95dedc1ed5bdc4b95cd38aaea00.png

However, one of my all-time favorite memories was when I participated in a double Master Glow with my good friend Toby:

doubleglowFireandToby.jpg

Wasting a ton of tonics to revive numerous pirates that were knocked out in an invasion. I must have used at least 50+ tonics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back