Announcement International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to say that my favorite pirate memory would be every moment that I was in Dark Archive. Then there also sailing just to have sailed. Those were the days :) I long for the day when I can sail and level with my guild again.

To celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate day,
the Forums are rolling out a new medal system.
What we are asking each of you to do to help us,
is to post your favorite memory as a pirate,

whether it be with POTCO or TLOPO.
For each of you that posts a memory,

you will receive your first medal.
View attachment 71385

A special thank you to @Irene for designing our first medal!!

psst.... This medal won't last forever!!
Hurry and post your memory by midnight EDT on 9/23/2016

I had originally discovered POTCO when I was really young, most likely when it first came out. I started to get into it and then my computer got a virus and we lost everything. When the computer was eventually replaced I had a really hard time finding the game again. My favorite moment would have to be when I eventually found the game, started playing it again and following the quests and realizing how much I missed it and loved it!! POTCO was my absolute favorite game and I was so sad when it was gone, but now that TLOPO has been created I am even more excited for the full release and I look forward to building my characters up to what my old ones used to be!! THANK YOU TLOPO!!

Favorite memories were always doing invasions. Always was a bunch of fun to watch a group of people get killed by walking next to a bomb skeleton when he died. Good times..

I had originally discovered POTCO when I was really young, most likely when it first came out. I started to get into it and then my computer got a virus and we lost everything. When the computer was eventually replaced I had a really hard time finding the game again. My favorite moment would have to be when I eventually found the game, started playing it again and following the quests and realizing how much I missed it and loved it!! POTCO was my absolute favorite game and I was so sad when it was gone, but now that TLOPO has been created I am even more excited for the full release and I look forward to building my characters up to what my old ones used to be!! THANK YOU TLOPO!!

What I enjoyed most in POTCO was being with my friends. It didnt matter if we were raiding in the caves or plundering on the high seas. And some of the most entertaining nights were Dread Poet's story nights. I'm so looking forward to those nights to once again come to our Caribbean in TLOPO!

My favorite memory from TLOPO testing... I'm already laughing... when I pulled out my doll and the whole crew was kicked off the server! That was FUNNY! I did it a second time just to make sure that is what caused it, and enjoyed it more the second time. :p

What I enjoyed most in POTCO was being with my friends. It didnt matter if we were raiding in the caves or plundering on the high seas. And some of the most entertaining nights were Dread Poet's story nights. I'm so looking forward to those nights to once again come to our Caribbean in TLOPO!

My favorite memory from TLOPO testing... I'm already laughing... when I pulled out my doll and the whole crew was kicked off the server! That was FUNNY! I did it a second time just to make sure that is what caused it, and enjoyed it more the second time. :p
Yes you did! and no one could log back in until you put that little dolly away, you pirate!! good times indeed. That was a particularly funny bug!

One of my favorite memories from POTCO was when my guild mates and I were going looting in the cave at Isla Tormenta. Three of us (Hannah Brimstone, Captain Seasick, and I, to be precise) had been late getting to the party, so we were trying to find the others. When I was trying to get Captain Seasick's attention so he'd follow me, I accidentally typed Seasock instead of Seasick. It went through the filter somehow and everyone in guild got a good laugh out of my typo, especially since I was one of the few in the guild who bothered to use commas and capitalized letters where they should be. After that, whenever Captain Seasick would log on, there would be at least one person (usually my good friend David Linebeck) who'd point out to me, "Hey, Tia! Look! Seasock is on! :p " To this day, I haven't been able to live the typo down, but looking back on it, it was hilarious. :laugh:

I played in 2008-2009. My favorite memory was leveling my first pirate up completely, totally maxing out all skills at notoriety level 38. (Before the level cap was raised) Each new weapon, from daggers to voodoo staff brought new excitement.

One of my favorite memories was returning to this amazing spot again after POTCO's closure, and the dream was given with TLOPO :D

BEFORE:
2d7xav4.jpg
[/IMG]
2d7xav4.jpg

AFTER:
2luwe21.jpg

Aye, me favorite memory be of me glorious lootin days with the crew. Me and them used to go ravage Ol' Kingshead and showing them Red Coats what's what with our grenades. After that be over with, we would hitch a ride on the Black Pearl and assist me old boy Jack in freeing his mighty ship (again). After that be over with, I would usually get the thirst for some good ol' rum so we would head over to the good Ol' Faithful Bride and have a savvy time until sun rises.

So after I was done writing this, I realized that it didn't actually have to be in pirate speak lol. I thought I would leave it there anyways since it is National Talk Like a Pirate Day today :D If you couldn't understand my pirate talk, (which is understandable), my favorite memories were basically of being apart of a crew and doing things together whether it be skilling at Kingshead, sailing, or even gambling. I guess I just liked being able to feel like an actual pirate with a crew to talk to. Hope you have a great National Talk Like a Pirate Day! :D

Aye, me favorite memory be of me glorious lootin days with the crew. Me and them used to go ravage Ol' Kingshead and showing them Red Coats what's what with our grenades. After that be over with, we would hitch a ride on the Black Pearl and assist me old boy Jack in freeing his mighty ship (again). After that be over with, I would usually get the thirst for some good ol' rum so we would head over to the good Ol' Faithful Bride and have a savvy time until sun rises.

So after I was done writing this, I realized that it didn't actually have to be in pirate speak lol. I thought I would leave it there anyways since it is National Talk Like a Pirate Day today :D If you couldn't understand my pirate talk, (which is understandable), my favorite memories were basically of being apart of a crew and doing things together whether it be skilling at Kingshead, sailing, or even gambling. I guess I just liked being able to feel like an actual pirate with a crew to talk to. Hope you have a great National Talk Like a Pirate Day! :D
Your post reminded me that one of my favorite memories from POTCO was going behind the bar at the taverns :) the only down side being that I usually ended up burning the burgers lol :p

To celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate day,
the Forums are rolling out a new medal system.
What we are asking each of you to do to help us,
is to post your favorite memory as a pirate,

whether it be with POTCO or TLOPO.
For each of you that posts a memory,

you will receive your first medal.
View attachment 71385

A special thank you to @Irene for designing our first medal!!

psst.... This medal won't last forever!!
Hurry and post your memory by midnight EDT on 9/23/2016

My bad I just saw your edit and my name there. Thank you Star and @Davy Darkrage :D

My favourite memory from POTCO was probably the invasions. I was always fighting in invasions with my friends and my guild.

My favourite memory.....has to be playing with my Guildmates, particularly fighting invasions and defeating Jolly Roger and all the crazy, funny and fun shenanigans we used to get up to. They were the best!
invasion pades.jpg

After thinking for a while, my best memory of POTCO is definitely when I first took part in freeing the Black Pearl quest which I didn't even know existed back then. We barely made it through the Goliath but succeeded nonetheless. In the end the whole crew became close buddies.

Trying to kill Rage ghost with atleast 20 other people, then Rage randomly targets me on his last hp. I get downed and I'm the only one who didn't get the loot. Fun times!

My Favorite memory was lastnight to be honest. Felt good being apart of something that we all loved playing. Playing the game after a long time. However, hanging out at Port Royal as a pirate with friends/guild members was great back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back