Announcement International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I had many special memories/moments in the Caribbean, I think that I can prioritize two main ones for these short paragraphs. The first one I can say was owning my very own War Galleon. Today I know that when it comes to having versatility, firepower and speed, Brigs and Frigates have the stronger hand. But back then when I had limited gold and less knowledge, I bought a War Galleon instead of buying a War Frigate (Brigs were not yet added back then). Sailing and sinking ships with my first war class ship felt truly amazing. I felt free and powerful at the same time when I was firing those broadsides to enemy ships.

On the other hand, the second one I can say was reaching the Admiral rank on my first pirate. As a huge fan of SvS, I was literally playing it all day. Day by day I was rising in ranks and one day I became an Admiral. It felt amazing. The time I spent with my Golden Lion had paid off.

I honestly have several wonderful moments with this game, all started when I first played back few years ago, met several wonderful players who some have become a great deal in my life still to this day, I had first started my guild and created the back story of my character back then as well. When I first discovered that the game was coming back I knew I wanted to continue the adventure! It's great to be back and to meet all the new and some old faces again! I personally love the holidays/ major events such as invasions where the community could come and celebrate everyone victories!

Last edited:
I am 16 years old and try to buy rum and when the cops come I try to explain it is Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Nothing wrong can happen right?

(Gonna let me friends buy it, it's good to have some friends who are 18 years old)

Fun fact: I am dutch, we may legally drink when we are 18.

My favorite pirating moment?
It happened on the 11th of September, 2015.
That day would be forever blessed in my opinion, for it was the day that TLOPO Alpha officially opened.
After a long hiatus without POTCO, we all were finally able to have virtual pirating moments again in TLOPO.
It was this day that I was able to see pirates run around Port Royal for the first time in two years.
And to top it off, I received a colorful improvement that would last for another two years.
Nothing brought be greater joy than this, for the opening of TLOPO allowed us all to re-experience the nostalgic pirating memories of our youth in addition to creating new memories through unique, TLOPO-exclusive features.

He is back!!! Glad to see you again.

Love your jokes like always!

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite moment was when I finally got my new laptop. I took it home and the first thing I did was download tlopo. I was never able to play it before because the graphics card on my old laptop was so outdated. I was so happy, I almost cried. So glad I am able to play this game again that I loved so much years and years ago :party:

:pirategirl:Blimey me Hearties!! Only one memorable experience?? I could fill the Pirate Codex with all me memories - past and present!!! What I have been most elated over (other than its rebirth) is the astonishing job of how the Devs have repaired, fixed, or added to make this game so much fun to play!! Keep a weathered eye mateys - greats things to come - yar!! Fair Winds!!
:flag1:

My favorite talk like a Pirate moment was when a friend of mine dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow for Halloween and did a beautiful reenactment of his character in the movies played by Johnny Depp. Isnt't the resemblance astonishing!

Attachments

• 297394_292574500766264_1372638165_n.jpg
    297394_292574500766264_1372638165_n.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 199
To celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate day

We are asking Pirates to share their favorite pirate moment
whether it be in game or in real life

For sharing, you shall receive our latest medal

View attachment 109286

View attachment 109287

psst.... This medal won't last forever!!

Hurry and post by 10pm EDT on 9/23/2018

As always, a special shout out to @Irene
for this years ITLAPD medal
My favorite pirate moment is when I met Jeremiah Badbones

Attachments

• bess&jeremiah.jpg
    bess&jeremiah.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 272
My favorite pirate moment would have to be the maiden voyage of my pirate costume on Halloween in 2010. Yes I picked something in real life. But I put a ton of work into that costume and have worn it almost every Halloween since and elements of it on an every day basis. The coat is my favorite part; my mom and I made it together. And yes I did wear the coat and other elements today.
2010 variation: IMG_0752.jpg more recent variation:IMG_1267.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back