Announcement International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Star

Fantabulous Administrator
Admin
To celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate day,
the Forums are rolling out a new medal system.
What we are asking each of you to do to help us,
is to post your favorite memory as a pirate,

whether it be with POTCO or TLOPO.
For each of you that posts a memory,

you will receive your first medal.
itlapd.PNG

A special thank you to @Irene for designing our first medal!!

psst.... This medal won't last forever!!
Hurry and post your memory by midnight EDT on 9/23/2016

Last edited:
My favorite memory would be fighting the Jolly Roger Invasions on the beaches of Tortuga and Padres. All pirates banding together fighting and reviving each other regardless of level. Everyone caught up in the excitement and making new friends in the process!

Now that I do look back to it I do have a nice memory to share with you all. Back in 2009 or 2010 was when I joined POTCO. I was only 15 years old then and it was my first ever MMO - of shorts. So my favorite memory is when I met my best friend there hanging around in Port Royal. I randomly started talking to him, talking about fishes, tunas, rage ghosts etc. Never could have I imagined that I would still talk to this person up to this day, and we even got to meet this past July when he decided it was about time. He stayed over for 2 weeks in Greece and we had a good time visiting places around or even trying out sea-stuff, reminding of our pirate times.

I think that this is the best memory that I've had from POTCO, however small and insignificant at the time it did have a great impact in my life later on :)

My favorite memory was testing POTCO, we originally could sink other players ships, it made for very interesting guild play as our guild leader GoldSkull claimed the waters off of Cuba (where the ghost ships spawned, back then the ghost ships had all the royal chests) for the Cuban Gang. True terrors of the sea we were. Pirates not in the gang were given fair warning, not to shoot at the ships we were firing on, if they didnt comply, they were sunk! Other guilds claimed different waters for themselves, and we had our own version of SvS basically. Unfortunately people complained that their children were crying (even though you had to electronically sign that you were 18 to test..... ) that the Cuban Gang sunk their ships, needless to say they took that feature out of the game. Still, good times.

POTCO was an extraordinary game, even though I found it a bit late but nonetheless the (approximately) one year of playing it I absolutely LOVED IT. The best memory of it that i had was without doubt playing with one of my best friends when we couldn't hang out in real life. We used to play everyday ,at least at summer, and we had the time of our lifes. I can still remember when he had alligator quests and I used to shoot it from behind and he didn't have the chance to kill it :) . Playing with him was an amazing gaming experience for me and I hope we keep up with that in TLOPO too :)

My favorite memory would definitely be the 2 months that I had unlimited access (given to me for Christmas :D ). Along with that, it was the first time I was able to play the game with my brothers because my parents got us a gaming session at a local computer store (you could rent play time on really nice rigs there). Besides that I was only ever able to play by myself because we had 1 computer in the house.

We now each have our own laptops and TLOPO is better than ever since we can play together :) Can't wait til beta!

My favorite POTCO memory? I have so much to choose from - it's difficult to narrow it down to just one thing, but if I had to pick just one, it would be joining the Dark Archive in the summer of ~2011. DA brought me together with so many great, bright, and inspiring individuals. I feel so privileged to be among their ranks and am forever thankful that they took me in as one of their own.

Favorite POTCO memory:
Oh man, when I first discovered POTCO I was thrilled, I could be who I wanted, I could play as Jack Sparrow and rule the Caribbean! But that's what I thought. It turns out, it was much better. I discovered the game in March of 2011, when I was 8 years old and my voice was higher than the Moon, but that's not the point. I was a little noob man, using words like 'ppl' and 'pls'. My favorite memory was when I got Unlimited Access for my birthday in June, boy was that a good day, I spent the whole day, with an ego much larger than it used to be. My favorite was when I bought My all time favorite memory was when I bought my Brig, I was unstoppable, and continued on with it until the game closed. I would open it to everyone, let everyone steer it, so that was really fun for me :)

Favorite TLOPO memory:
Oh boy, when I didn't win that competition I was devastated, But then TLOPO announced Semi-Open Alpha, and boy was I happy. The day it was released I got a playtime and woke up at 4 in the morning to play it :) Boy, was it nostalgic (I actually teared up a little bit) I ran around the islands waving around my sword like a noob(which I was) Then I was at the docks and was just spying on people's conversations, and it was at this point I learned of Potions(Don't judge a noob) and then my playtime ended and I reserved one for 5 days later :)

I always loved glitching in POTCO tbh, especially getting on top of the volcano and going in the Secret Shack and the Hidden Dock. Good times, mates.

But my favorite POTCO memory would have to be the simple fact that the guilds in POTCO were always so welcoming and friendly, especially to the newer players. We always gave them a hand and showed them the ropes. I for one would loan out my War Brig to random people. The overall friendliness of Pirates was always amazing.

Favorite memory - I guess you can say as a pirate for me - is a greater appreciation towards "time" (in so far as enjoying something as unique as POTCO). Alas, this most likely is true because historically a pirate's own life-expectancy is quite short-lived.

Whether it be my own pirate-life enjoying the aspects of SVS, healing others, chatting with friends, ranking, finding time just to play, and/or contributing to something of a greater cause the commonality between all of these memories was time and hence, the realization for myself to basically live within the moment and to try to relish it (the overall experience that is, and not some 'hot-dog').

*If you're happy today :D and you know it, don't ever take it for granted - savvy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back