Announcement International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite memory was playing POTCO for the first time with a bunch of crazy pirates that eventually became some of my best friends! I still laugh thinking about us getting used to sailing and shooting down masts so we could hear the wood crack!! And the HOURS we spent leveling up those dang 'nades!!! Such good times!!

I had many great moments in POTCO.If i have to choose maybe it's getting my first legendary weapon.
thunderspine.jpg

My favorite memory was obtaining my first legendary weapon from darkhart which was Lost Sword! I was so excited that after all my hard work it finally paid off "this was during the time it was the only legendary weapon in game" Till this day it's one of my favorite weapons, even more so since its the only one that has the skill Ghost Form!

While it wasn't POTCO, I have very fond memories of a very similar game, Pirates of the Caribbean, by Akella. I'm not sure if many of you recall, but it was a very "open" game, in the sense that the code for the game was entirely open with the exception of the engine, so you could go in and edit any file you wanted, write your own game from scratch, etc. This was one of my first experiences with a C-like language and helped define my love and passion for game development.

Sorry it isn't a traditional "what's your favorite memory of X game" answer.

Hmm, so many good memories. Guild meetings in the Rum Cellar when I was just a little kid. Finding a rock you can stand on high up above Padres with a FANTASTIC view of the fireworks <3. Finding an amazing group of friends just a year before the game closed, and playing hide and seek with voodoo dolls together. :bounce:

Aaaand finally... faking being sick so I could come home from school early before the game closed. No regrets.

Some of my favorite moments in POTCO was sailing the Black Pearl with my friends and doing the Raven's Cove story, also going on material ship runs, and Invasions! Those were the good days :). I hope to see my former friends in TLOPO!! I remember when I was still young playing this game. I missed everything the game had to offer ):. I'm glad I found this!

Last edited:
My fav Potco memories must have been when, me, my wife, my brother, and my dad would all get on and play from diff states. No matter how far away we was from one another, we could always play together. Or if one of us just wanted to check on the others without picking up a phone, there was always the beach of tortuga, lol.
My fav Tlopo mem was watching my wife, "Lady Catherine" stop to jump on the heads of knocked out pirates who just attacked her moments B4.

Been a while..lol. Well I have many many good memories of POTCO days and they way outnumber the bad. POTCO had its flaws and weaknesses for sure, but I do remember one day after playing for so many days seemingly without end that I spawned into the game to find to my surprise a complete messed up graphics scene where a lot of it was white and everything in my items all vanished, and I wasn't the only one. Many subs were cancelled with that one. A few of the items such as weapons and clothes apparel could not be redeemed. I stayed in white shorts for seemed like almost a month. Disney wound up giving out free time play for that mess up. I am sure many of you remember that. And another time our friends list was deleted but later restored. Many of us was in panic mode..lol. So not all memories were good ones but still worth remembering :)

I remember that moment @Handy Dan . Even Disney staff had their trials and errors. But it shows how hard the TLOPO staff is working on bringing back our beloved game. I was just so EXCITED to roam the caribbean even though it was in alpha :)

To celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate day,
the Forums are rolling out a new medal system.
What we are asking each of you to do to help us,
is to post your favorite memory as a pirate,

whether it be with POTCO or TLOPO.
For each of you that posts a memory,

you will receive your first medal.
View attachment 71385

A special thank you to @Irene for designing our first medal!!

psst.... This medal won't last forever!!
Hurry and post your memory by midnight EDT on 9/23/2016

POTCO Existing

Around when Raven's Cove was new to POTCO, I remember telling my Guild leader about Rage Ghosts. I told him that I was knocked out by one, and he thought that I was just weak ( I wasn't level 50 yet). He teleported to me, attacked the Rage Ghost by the small area by the docks, and was quickly knocked out. He had a reaction that I wouldn't forget, and then that proved him wrong about me being weak. Good times.

my favorite POTCO memories are glitching w/ the homies. I loved POTCO glitches so much.

A long time ago I would post how to glitch on POTCO videos here LOL

Some of them were really useful too, like the shortcut to darkhart glitch, and the rapid fire glitch (yes you could rapid fire your gun).

My favorite POTCO memory definitely has to be sailing with the Host GMs on their ships. Sailing was the only reason I really played POTCO so it was fun to do it with the game staff.

My favorite memory would be either long loot runs in the evening just shooting other ships or winning a Feats of Strength competition one year and meeting some Disney Employee pirates. I'll never forget that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back